• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shop Gear?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, so if we assume a shope of reasonable size to support restoration activities to the full degree (exception possibly being spray area, etc.), then what would the list of gear be that people would be fully comprehensive to the size of 'top 30 items'... like 'lift, overhead crane/hoist, sandblast cabinet, MIG welder, ARC welder,' etc....

????

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
OK, so if we assume a shope of reasonable size to support restoration activities to the full degree (exception possibly being spray area, etc.), then what would the list of gear be that people would be fully comprehensive to the size of 'top 30 items'... like 'lift, overhead crane/hoist, sandblast cabinet, MIG welder, ARC welder,' etc....

????

Well there is lots of items that I could put into my shop that I live without, but the "toys" are the key.

Airplane
Trac Rig
Snow machine
Old car
Old Truck
New Truck
Dozer w/backhoe
Four Wheeler

Having a shop with an overhead crane/hoist, lift and the other items would be something that I would have in a commercial shop. Would be too much of a waste for me just to buy and use "Once in a While" at home... not that I wouldn't like to have them, just couldn't justify the cost...

I would love to have a "Pit" for doing stand up work under the car/truck, as well as a lift. An overhead crane/hoist would be a hoot for just little stuff. The glass bead machine (sandblast cabinet) is great for all sorts of things, even doing glass etchings for artwork.

But I would rather have the toys and then worry about how to fix them....:thumb:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Sexy female mechanic.

Attachments

• km.JPG
    km.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 138