• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

jdeeere's brand new 1967 Snow Master

jdeeere

Hi Bob,
I have just purchased a 1967 Snowmaster - I haven't even picked it up yet, but after reading all of the great info on this site, I cannot wait to get into it!!!

I would really like to get ahold of any of the manuals you have on CD Rom - I would gladly reimburse you for any expense to you - just let me know! I will be posting my pictures and progress as the project progresses. Mine is a 3 man cab - I am just learning about these, so forgive me if I don't know exactly what I have .
Thanks, Let me know if I can get a copy of those manuals on CD - Thanks in advance!
Here's the picture of mine - What is it???

Attachments

• DSCN0492.JPG
    DSCN0492.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 557
  • DSCN0497.jpg
    DSCN0497.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 556

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You just purchased a short cab Track Master or Snow Master. It has the 2 person cab with the open back. Those were commonly used for transport as well as trail and slope grooming. Often they had optional hydraulics to operate implements, but I don't see the hydraulic box on the left side of yours. Based on the fact that you have one large bogey wheel in the back and all small bogies up to the front drive sprocket, I'd guess yours is from the mid-late 60's (but I don't really consider myself an expert on dating these things, I just know that at some point in the late 60's they switched their bogey wheel configuration). You also have the dual belt confirguration tracks, I believe later models had 5 belts.

Looks like you have some work to do! But trust me, it will be a pile of fun. Check your regular email, you will find a message from me.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Paul Cooper's Original Snow Trac Manual

jdeeere said:
Hi Bob,
I have just purchased a 1967 Snowmaster - I haven't even picked it up yet, but after reading all of the great info on this site, I cannot wait to get into it!!!

I would really like to get ahold of any of the manuals you have on CD Rom - I would gladly reimburse you for any expense to you - just let me know! I will be posting my pictures and progress as the project progresses. Mine is a 3 man cab - I am just learning about these, so forgive me if I don't know exactly what I have .
Thanks, Let me know if I can get a copy of those manuals on CD - Thanks in advance!
Here's the picture of mine - What is it???

Hey jdeere! Welcome to the sand box !!!:tiphat: Where abouts you hail from ???

I own a Brand X snow cat . In fact I own three of them Brand X's . The Snow Trac boy's here make fun of me but someone has to get them back to town to buy parts when they break down . I know I'm loved .

Say ... I got a membership "special" going in my KKK ( Kristi Kat klub) this whole month . If you have lots of beer money for the members I can get you in !!!:beer: :beer: :beer:
Oh crap ... here comes that Bob S. to start making up lies about me . gotta go !!!:wave:
Big Al:coolshade :coolshade

An really !!Welcome !!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Paul Cooper's Original Snow Trac Manual

BigAl said:
Oh crap ... here comes that Bob S. to start making up lies about me . gotta go !!!:wave:
Big Al:coolshade :coolshade

Allen there is no need to make up lies about you.
We both know that the truth is stranger than fiction!:yum:

--------

jdeeere . . . if yours is a 1967, then it should be a Trac-Master ST4B (a name used before the name Snow Master) if the information I have is correct. Your serial number should fall between #930 and #969

jdeeere

Thanks for the info guys, sounds like a good group! I am in Lockport, NY. Out of town with work this week, but I will be picking it up next week, and I will try and get some more info off of it, as well as a serial number... Here is a picture of the engine - what is the belt on the front of the motor driving???
PS I haven't even seen this in person, just alot of pictures on the net and as soon as I saw them, I bought it over the phone! The guy I am getting it from is a friend and he says it runs and moves, but needs some serious restoration! Where can I find some of the bogie tires? That is one of the areas (among many) that need attention!

Thanks again, here are some more pictures:

Attachments

• DSCN0498.JPG
    DSCN0498.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCN0499.JPG
    DSCN0499.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCN0495.JPG
    DSCN0495.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 505

jdeeere

Also, This did come from a ski resort, so mabe it was pulling some trail equipment. I was told they used for rescue as well...More pictures:

Attachments

• DSCN0494.JPG
    DSCN0494.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 513
  • DSCN0491.JPG
    DSCN0491.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 509
  • DSCN0493.JPG
    DSCN0493.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 501

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a guess, and this is a wild guess, but I'd say that belt might be linked to a hydraulic pump??? The factory brochures that I have seen show the hydraulics coming out of the left side and that pulley runs to the right side so I'm not really sure, like I said just guessing. Probably have to consult a factory Trac Master/Snow Master manual for a real answer, I'd do it for you but I'm not at my office and that is where I have copies of those manuals. Won't be back to work for a couple more days.

You also have a spring coming out of the front of the engine under the carb. Not sure what the heck that is!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
You also have a spring coming out of the front of the engine under the carb. Not sure what the heck that is!!!

Oh come on Bob!!!!
Don't you know ,thats where you wind it up to make it go !!!!:yum: :yum:

I can't believe you left yourself so open for that one :pat:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:

Extra HD throttle linkage pull back spring.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
First welcome to the Forums Jdeeere! You do have a Track Master for sure. I see they have the regular Snow Trac size tracks on it. The extra pulley is indeed a pto drive. The big Spring Bob was talking about will be for the throtle. What has happend there is no one lubed the pedals properly and the couldnt figure out why the throttle was always sticking. So they added that MONSTER spring to pull it back. In the manual it will show you how to lube that assembly. Very easy. But for now that is probrably the last thing you will need to worry about. PLease feel free to ask any questions here. That is why BSkurka and Doc built this site. And dont worry about stupid questions. BigAl has already asked them all and we are quite used to them by now. If you want to bring it back to a Snow Master configuration let me know. I will be happy to help out with pictures and such. I own a Snow Master. Good luck and Welcome!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes it does. Its behind the big air intake which is the red sheet metal work behind the dog house on the engine. The picture is just a bit short to show the variator. I almost bought this unit but bowed out since I couldnt find a way to get it shipped cheap enough. DMIESNER was kind enough to bring it back with him but the time frame was off. It really could be a nice rig with ALOT of TLC. Does anyone know what happend with it or the new owner?

jdeeere

HI,

Been quite a while since I have been on! Glad to see all is well here!

I did sell my machine - to a guy in West Virginia, of all places! I have not heard back from him on the progress, or even what he is doing with it.
I am still keeping my eye out for another one - If I could just stop myself from buying vintage snowmobiles, maybe I would have a bigger budget!!

Thanks for checking in with me.

Bob

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love vintage snowmobiles, but have resisted the urge to buy one (so far). What do you have? I love the old bright yellow Ski-Doo Elans from the late 60's and into the very early 70's. Some of them had black factory stripes that made them look like bumblebees.

jdeeere

I have been buying old sleds for a while now.

Old sleds are the latest thing - my buddies and I figure it is a relatively cheap hobby, and there are alot of sleds still out there to find in barns, etc. The rarest sled I have is a 1982 Kawasaki Interceptor 550. They only built 600 of them, and that was the last year Kawasaki built snowmobiles.

I also have a 1978 Arctic Cat El tigre 5000
A 1979 Arctic cat Jag
A 1979 Polaris TXL 340
And a 1980 Scorpion TK 440

You can really get in deep, and there are some very expensive sleds out there....I prefer the more affordable ones!

If you guys ever get a chance to check out a Vintage snowmomobile show, you should take it. It's nice to see all the old sleds fixed up!

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 331

Teeoster

Nice sled! That was one of best kaws they built. I had an invader 440 that zipped along pretty good. I lost it one time when it "slipped" off the trailer going down a snowy highway. I found it a few hours later when we went back for it, never rolled or anything, just slipped off and slid to the shoulder of the road:) We never did settle the argument of who forgot to tie it down:wave: :drink: