• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sports... they are borring

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup. if its on TV I'll switch it to ANYTHING but sports. I rather lick a turtle than watch this crap. BUT! If I have a bet on it the whole thing changes.:coolshade

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I totally agree with you.

I'm happy to go to a Cubs game, but you could never get me to sit in front of the TV to ever watch a game! Ditto any other spectator sport. Golf, that is about as exciting as Billiards. Blackhawks hockey can be fun, but nothing like seeing a game at the old Stadium, the United Center just doesn't have the roar and echo of the crowd that the stadium had!!!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hate watching sports unless its in person. Golf can sometimes be the exception if my Father in Law is here. But one game is about it. He could watch golf all day everyday then go play! Are TV games rigged? Anything can be rigged! I would rather be out hiking than watching sports.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
<snip>
Blackhawks hockey can be fun, but nothing like seeing a game at the old Stadium, the United Center just doesn't have the roar and echo of the crowd that the stadium had!!!

After living in NM for several years, I was really missing my Bruins. Watching on TV just wasn't the same. Then, AZ started playing pro hockey and I could take a 6-8hr drive or an hour plane ride to see them play. So, first chance I got, I went to a PHX-BOS game.

Everything was going great, then it happened. A stupid arse light came on and everyone on the ice stopped what they were doing! In mid charge! WTF? Someone had to explain it to me. Now that TV was really big money to hockey, the TV commercials ruled the rink! If the play must stop every 10 minutes for a commercial, I will never be able to enjoy a live game again.

Since then I'll only go to 'AA' games, like the NM Scorpions. Lots of action, no TV control crud. Like the Boston Garden, pro hockey (that is NHL anyway) is dead to me.

Anyone ever attend a 'fog' game at the old Boston Garden? :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was in Columbus this past weekend. We went out to dinner and stopped in a pub afterward. I enjoyed watching the Cavs romp on the Pistons. We all cheered together and talked about anything and everything else while watching. It was fun. Had I been at home, I doubt I would have watched it.

As others have stated .... I prefer participating / playing sports myself to watching pros play.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
men never traveled to the moon.

it's amazing what people believe.

pfew, I'm glad you confirmed that. I was reading my daughters history books trying to explain to her that the whole moon landing was filmed in a Hollywood movie studio . . . just because its printed in a history book doesn't mean it isn't part of some larger government conspiracy to deceive the citizens of this nation :rolleyes: