• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill w

i'm going to be just hanging out at the house waiting for stuff to break. it was -40 f at 10 last night and it's supposed to just keep falling all day. my digital weather station only goes to -40 so now i only have the mercury one on the deck to rely on...it's at -49 below. i got the woodstove cranking and am forcefeeding it dry spruce. dogs don't even want to go out..Bill w

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Got up at 6am this morning. Already went grocery shopping, (haven't done that in a while so I needed a few things.) Got laundry going and washed the floor in the kitchen already. And it's just 8:30 in the morning. :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Slept pretty solid last night for a change.

I work today and am now going to tomorrow as well.
Really wanted Inauguration Day off but first things first.

Will have the weekend at home though.

Looks to be good weather too, upper 50s and 60s.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Slept pretty solid last night for a change.

I work today and am now going to tomorrow as well.
Really wanted Inauguration Day off but first things first.

Will have the weekend at home though.

Looks to be good weather too, upper 50s and 60s.

We're gonna have rain over the weekend, but the temps in the 50's.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Gonna go groc shopping and pick up some munchie type geedunks for the Inauguration. Gonna be glued to that, still gloating and making fun of the cry baby snowflakes. Going to be a beautiful thing.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Gonna go groc shopping and pick up some munchie type geedunks for the Inauguration. Gonna be glued to that, still gloating and making fun of the cry baby snowflakes. Going to be a beautiful thing.

Oh, I'll be able to see some of it before I leave for work, and throughout the day I'll be looking at every teevee around, then catch up on what was missed on my breaks.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Where did this energy come from. Laundry put away bed made, and a run to the pharmacy across the street. 10:40 am and my day is complete. :clap::clap::clap:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, Libs got all his stuff done so he can concentrate on the day we've all been waiting for.

:biggrin:

I know, his feet hit the floor running early and he hasn't stopped!! I'm willing to bet the old boy ain't been this happy since Ronald Reagan sent Mr. Peanut packing his bags. :yum:

bill w

woke up to another day of stuck on stupid.(thats what i call it when my weather station never gets above -40 f).couple of reports of -56 below about 25 miles away by remote weather stations. wife went into her shop in downtown fbks and said visibility was about 100 feet due to the ice fog.i'm just going to keep the fires burning here at the house and have dinner ready when she gets home...Billw

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
woke up to another day of stuck on stupid.(thats what i call it when my weather station never gets above -40 f).couple of reports of -56 below about 25 miles away by remote weather stations. wife went into her shop in downtown fbks and said visibility was about 100 feet due to the ice fog.i'm just going to keep the fires burning here at the house and have dinner ready when she gets home...Billw

Damn Bill, that is brutal. Keep those fires stoked. The coldest I have ever recorded on my Davis Weather Station is -37.7F and that was nuts.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We were at -40c here just last week. It's now +2c today. I can sure feel the weather change. If this keeps up we'll be camping in early April.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice day, all things considered.
Jesse the super duper therapy doggie made my day...:flowers:

I did get to see some of the pre-Inauguration festivities on some of the televisions.
Not much though.
Just when the soon to be first family came and were seated and then the military bands playing.
Then later, when Mr. President Tomorrow Trump was standing gazing upon the Lincoln Memorial.
I was wondering what was going through his head at that moment.

A friend and I ordered some spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread from Pizza Hut to share.
Was just enough for both of us.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm tired just thinking about the next 48+ hours. Thankfully i have no appointments today. Here's what my weekend looks like so far.

After supper tonight is band practice then over to play cards with friends from camp.

Tomorrow morning is mens breakfast at church. The afternoon will be prepping for Evan's 13th birthday. Go to the church at 4 to play the service. Come home and deal with a houseful of preteens with attitude for a sleepover.

Sunday we send everyone home after lunch then clean up the disaster area in preparation for family to come for supper and cake.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

How does one get out of bed at -56 degrees below zero? :bitterCol

bill w

i have to give big kudos to the weather underground site...they said at 10 pm the wind would pick up and blow the cold weather out of our little bowl we have up here. they were spot on again. woke up to -19 f after 48 straight hours of below -40 it feels like t-shirt weather....Bill w

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Seemed like such a long day at work, but it's over and I am home and feeling happy and content.

New President, new beginnings for our country and I am full of trust and hope.

Got the coming 3 days off, which is going to be so nice.

That's about it. :smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend and I went out to eat and shoe shop.
Bob Evans for dinner.
I got the Black Angus chopped steak dinner, with a side salad.
Then a trip to Clarks.
Got a pair of these.
Comfy!

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
did a little shopping this morning. made some potato salad, then a friend called to ask if I wanted to play cards today. Sure I said, and we proceeded to play cards from 5pm until 10:30. We played double deck pinochle, which I have not played in over a year, but I won. The last game my partner and I slaughtered 'em. :yum::yum::yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Then a trip to Clarks.
Got a pair of these.
Comfy!

I love Clark's shoes. I probably have 4 or 5 pairs but I shop them selectively. They are so comfortable and easy to wear but darn, they also make some of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen.

On topic, I did recycling for Rotary at Wamart's car park this morning. The weather was so sucky this afternoon that I cleaned a couple of guns and that was about it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Aha!
Here I am:yum:
Moved recently and have my old place ready to put up for sale.
Now living with a friend temporarily until I see what I want to do next.
Will come back another night with more details.
Oh I am happy and feel good about this change.

Missed you all.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Aha!
Here I am:yum:
Moved recently and have my old place ready to put up for sale.
Now living with a friend temporarily until I see what I want to do next.
Will come back another night with more details.
Oh I am happy and feel good about this change.

Missed you all.
Hope you're not planning on moving up here. Our borders are going to be closed soon to americans. Lol[emoji12]

Meanwhile up here in the permafrost somebody had another rough night. I saw a new physiotherapist on Friday for an assessment. She had me doing some bending to demonstrate my range of motion. Just attempting to bend forward backwards and side to side once and my back has been on fire since as well as my left leg to where I can't stand more than a minute or two. So much so that I sent the wife and kids to service this morning without me.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems like 2017 is the year for major changes in my life.
First my doggie dies, then my computer, then some other things which I'd just rather keep to myself.
Still working, living with good friends not far from the other house.
I am actually a city block from my church- like right in the center of town.
At first I wondered if doing this was the right thing to do, but now know it is.
God knows I like life predictable, but I've been through enough changes in my life to know I can handle it.
This computer I am using is a Windows 7.
No bells and whistles.
The ads I see on the pages drive me nuts.
That'll change once I get a lap top of my own to use, soon hopefully.
:wink:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hang in there PG. It's not easy. Everyday there seems to be some emergency to deal with around here. I am ready for spring. My truck is dying and the furnace is on the blink!:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.