• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, Angie can't come now because of family issues, probably that idiot ex of hers.
We made a "rain date" for before Christmas (hopefully!) come hell or high water.
It's always something.
Lol

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, while working today I also plan to pack up the old Dodge today and head to the work cabin tomorrow. Should be a fun trip with lots of snow. So full report with pictures when I return. Marty

Hi all, well the cabin trip was a bust and we are back home. Everything went well yesterday until we got close to Susanville and it was raining hard. When we got to Susanville you could see the snow on the summit of our mountain but not down low so instead of going to get the Tucker we decided to see if we could get up there in the 4X4. There was nothing but a soupy mud mess to within about 1.5 miles of the cabin then snow that we made it about a quarter mile, by this time the snow is about 18" to 24" with the consistency of a slushey very wet and soft. we were doing OK until a hill at about 15 degrees and at that point the truck would just buck, you could still back up in your tracks OK but it wouldn't go up the hill 35" tires aired down , lockers and about 24" of ground clearance met it match. So we went and ate then got a room. This morning we took another look at it and decided to call it as I didn't want to abuse the snow cat on a muddy rockey forest road for 3-4 miles. Last year I had the Thiokol 603 up there and it would not have cared about the road ( so now I am asking myself if I made the right decision switching to the Tucker ) I guess everything has it pluses and minuses. Lesson learned. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
At our annual pizza party/sleepover for the scouts. All the Cubs and beavers are sleeping downstairs at a church. We're all upstairs. It's going to be a long night. Yawn.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another Saturday ... another high school fencing tournament :hammer:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Ringing bells at Walmart for the Salvation Army for a couple of hours. Coming home and going to mulch some stuff around the lake with the bush hog. Get cleaned up and take the missus out for dinner. That should fill in the day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to go down the end of the drive to the hair salon (Michael's)- to get my hair trimmed.
$75 for a trim??!
Umm no way.
I'll wait and go to Great Clips and look like a wild woman until then lol
Working a pick up today.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
GOOD DAY today

2 of my brand new saber fencers won medals. 5th place + GOLD medal :clap: The boy who won gold also earned his national "E" rating, which is a pretty big deal. Both are 1st year fencers!!! :thumbup:

Helped coach some of my former students from my prior high school team too but tried not to step on the toes of their new coach :bolt:

Overall a good day, had a lot of fun too.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally decorated the house for Christmas.

Brought in the Frazer Fir we bought Thanksgiving. It's been sitting in the yard pond soaking up water and getting refreshed in the rains.

I put away some 25 sets of twinkle lights last year. All worked when I stored them. Only about half of them still work. WTF.

Got the shaking snowman up and the Crèche set with the Baby Jesus.

I have new lights from last year still in their boxes. I'll get them on the house tomorrow. Just in time for the snowstorm:UtOh2::snow2_smi:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Santa was in the house at work yesterday.
He stayed and had lunch with some of my peeps!
Pictured are 3 of them who I love most.

-Little ladybug is a young 91, sharp as a tack.
-Fella in glasses survived what most people would not have- great sense of humour.
-Lastly, while I was working nights- that man kept me company talking about his old cars, telling me tales of his childhood and directing traffic.:smile:

I have today off. Sunday.
A day of rest.

Ida_1576347848408.jpg

FB_IMG_1576418991692.jpg

FB_IMG_1576419023674.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I did my duty by ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at Walmart's yesterday. Here are some observations.

When did it become fashionable to wear pajamas to go shopping? Three different people walked past me and in to the store wearing pajamas. I don't mean Christmassy attire type of pajamas, I mean plain ol' pajamas.

People must be feeling good in this Trump economy. I've been bell ringing for over 20 years and I've never seen so many tens and twenties being stuffed in the kettle instead of the usual ones and change.

It always amazes me how generous Americans can be. Seeing some of the people putting money in the bucket you'd think that they didn't have two pennies to rub together.

I tend to be a little cynical regarding my fellow human beings, with good reason I might add. Meeting and talking to all the people while ringing the bell kind of restores my faith in mankind. It reminds me that most people are basically good, generous and friendly. I hope that I can keep that feeling of wellbeing going until at least the end of the year. :clap:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Staying indoors today with a cold. Not a bad one, but windy and cold outside so opening cans of Chicken Noodle Soup, tending the fires and prolly watch a little tube this afternoon.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank, when I shop at Walmart I've seen strange sights as well.
This woman had a pet cat on her shoulder, no one thought a thing about it.
A man one time had both arms missing up to the elbows, hair dyed green and sticking up in the air.
Maybe the pajama gang feel more comfortable at Walmart, who knows.

I'm going out back later near the pines and walking path to gather pinecones and greenery to add to my Merry Christmas decor.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Currently burning up Netflix. Just finished watching 6 Underground (just love the Alfa Romeo) and getting ready to start another flick. Consuming Chicken Noodle and going through a box of Puffs per hour. :th_lmao:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's like 20 F outside and blowing snow. In St. Louis, that is considered Bitter cold.
I'm putting up outside lights. Whew!

Twenty minutes out there and 1 hour to thaw. Took a moment to say HI and suggest this part of Christmas sucks.

The Boss want the patio trees lit up. She spent all day doing the live tree in the warm, WARM house.:hammer:

See ya later

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We may get measurable snow here Franc, but the forecast keeps changing.

I really wanted to find slash leaf or loblolly cones that were open, but I had to settle for closed short leaf off the white pines.
Possibly because it's been so damp lately.
Sure wish I could find some wild holly or bittersweet.
Anywho, I got sprigs and cones here and there.
Figured I'd bring some outdoors inside.

20191215_171057-768x768.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shoveled a bit of snow off the walkway that fell last night. 1.5-2”. Nice and light.

We going to Marshall Field’s Walnut Room for our annual breakfast at the Great Tree and to see Santa Claus. We’ve taken Melen there every year since she was 11 months old. This is our 25th year in a row going there. She no longer goes to sit on Santa’s lap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
One of the kiddos is sick today. Surprise surprise. 13 years old and think she knows everything. Lol. According to her -15 celcius is warm enough that she doesn't need a jacket outside. But parents don't know anything.

My plan is to head out to the garage for a bit then off to the city for a chiropractor appointment.

I'm slowly replenishing my snowmobile equipment (helmets, stand, cover, sleigh etc). I rode snowmobiles all my life nearly every day during the winter but sold my last machine 12 years ago. Now I'm going to attempt to get back into it. Yesterday I picked up a decent jack stand and a cargo sled to haul behind so I can get firewood throughout the winter and haul gear out to the scouts log cabin.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I did my duty by ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at Walmart's yesterday. Here are some observations.

When did it become fashionable to wear pajamas to go shopping? Three different people walked past me and in to the store wearing pajamas. I don't mean Christmassy attire type of pajamas, I mean plain ol' pajamas.

People must be feeling good in this Trump economy. I've been bell ringing for over 20 years and I've never seen so many tens and twenties being stuffed in the kettle instead of the usual ones and change.

It always amazes me how generous Americans can be. Seeing some of the people putting money in the bucket you'd think that they didn't have two pennies to rub together.

I tend to be a little cynical regarding my fellow human beings, with good reason I might add. Meeting and talking to all the people while ringing the bell kind of restores my faith in mankind. It reminds me that most people are basically good, generous and friendly. I hope that I can keep that feeling of wellbeing going until at least the end of the year. :clap:

Yeah. Those smelly Wal-Mart people can be areal pain in the can stuffing all those bill in it. And worse, they voted for a guy like Trump.

Ask any waitress who are the best tipper's. Those who know what it takes to earn a buck. They are the most generous.

The Widow's Offering
As Jesus was sitting opposite the treasury, He watched the crowd putting money into it. And many rich people put in large amounts. 42Then one poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which amounted to a small fraction of a denarius. 43Jesus called His disciples to Him and said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more than all the others into the treasury.…

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We may get measurable snow here Franc, but the forecast keeps changing.

I really wanted to find slash leaf or loblolly cones that were open, but I had to settle for closed short leaf off the white pines.
Possibly because it's been so damp lately.
Sure wish I could find some wild holly or bittersweet.
Anywho, I got sprigs and cones here and there.
Figured I'd bring some outdoors inside.

View attachment 120661

I have both European Holly ( the evergreen Christmas kind) and bittersweet growing in my yard. I also have American holly which has long stems full of red berries. Great for decoration. But it is deciduous loosing it's leaves in winter.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We got a little snow.
Just enough to cover the ground.

Franc those pine cones I brought in, half of them opened after drying out. :smile:
I used to have bittersweet years ago and loved it for crafty things.

I'm having a work heavy week.
Only day I have off is Wednesday, then half shift on Friday. After that it's go go go.
I do get Christmas day off.
Gotta make the bucks to get the grandies everything they're asking for.
Who could say no to this face?
That face!

20191215_131842.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We got a little snow.
Just enough to cover the ground.

Franc those pine cones I brought in, half of them opened after drying out. :smile:
I used to have bittersweet years ago and loved it for crafty things.

I'm having a work heavy week.
Only day I have off is Wednesday, then half shift on Friday. After that it's go go go.
I do get Christmas day off.
Gotta make the bucks to get the grandies everything they're asking for.
Who could say no to this face?
That face!

View attachment 120690

The warm air of you home made them think it was springtime.
Bittersweet is a dangerous vine in the garden as it can climb, overwhelm and kill a tree.

And that is a cute face. An obvious relation.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I walked 2 miles at the gym this morning and I'm going to attend a city council meeting this evening.

Tomorrow about a half dozen of us have a meeting with the Iowa governor to discuss Veteran issues.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We got a little more snow last night.
Doesn't look like it's going to be a white Christmas, according to the extended forecast.

Tomorrow evening brings something delightful!
My friend Julie, her 86 year old Mother and myself are going to attend the Toledo Symphony Orchestra's holiday performance.
It's been ages since I've done anything like that.
Then again, I've not had many friends who are into that type of music.

:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I worked my butt off in the garage all day then headed to yet another dr appointment. I have to wear full leg compression stockings for a couple weeks then getting vein injections in January to take care of varicose veins.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, Have been in the field the last couple of days getting a job back on schedule. The help loves it when the old man has to come and save them. I didn't make it fun. Marty:shitHitFan:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Meeting with the Iowa Governor today to discuss Veteran issues, like housing homeless Veterans and a Veteran's Court in Council Bluffs. It was very productive.

Governor Veteran Meeting-12-17-19.jpg

Governor Veteran Meeting 12-17-19-2.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Federal Grand Jury ... just deciding if I should dress up as Santa when I go to the courthouse today!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Was up EARLY, early this morning.
I mean 4am early lol
My niece was texting me to say that her Father, my former brother in law is having emergency open heart surgery.
He's 54 years old. Never cared for the guy, but I'm sure praying for him.

Looking forward to attending the concert this evening.
I was watching the Impeachment crapola on Foxnews live feed via Facebook.
One blaring note that struck me with disgust.
The Dems reciting our Pledge of Allegiance.
Those words coming from their mouths.
Sigh..

Status
Not open for further replies.