• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

skypup pilots/owners

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Single seat ultralight.

skypup.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
that looks pretty neat. Thanks Larry.
When someone says ultra light I think of the open seat ones (no cockpit or enclosed area) ...and fabric for the wings.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like fun for sure. So did you graduate from the one above to the first one you shared a pic of? Does it require a license to fly either of those planes?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Ultralights operate under FAR part 103. They do not require a license to operate. I flew them back in the 80s as a fun pass time.

I am a licensed private and instrument pilot. This allows me to legally be able to fly single engined, land based, non turbine airplanes up to 12,000# takeoff weight.

The airplane in my signature, a Kitfox model IV, is a "light sport" eligible aircraft which is a newer category that allows for a more limited license (cheaper). My license covers these requirements also. Light sport is speed limited to 120 knots and 1320# max takeoff weight (among other things).

mywuged

Hello
I recently purchased a partialy completed vintage Skypup Ultralight and would like to correspond with anyone who has built one or flown one of these. Thanks Mywuged