• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finally got pics of the twin fawns

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Been seeing this doe and her babies for a while. This is the first they came down near the house.

Attachments

• helper 006.jpg
    helper 006.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 61

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool pic , must be that time of year . I seen a doe and what looked to be 2 newborns last night , cute lil things still didn't have their legs quite figgured out . :biggrin:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The fawns are out here now. They stay back in the woods until they can run at a good clip. The subdivision is acre + sites, and we are surrounded by a 7500 acre park, so lots of deer. Plenty of food and a lake for water. No hunting.
When I moved here 20 years ago, a single fawn was the norm, now triplets are not unusual, and almost every doe has twins. With no hunting, nothing to stop them.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Today they came out and were only about 40 ft. from the garden while we were weeding and planting. They are sure active little critters. Racing and chasing each other all around the field.We were laughing and mom did not like that so she hurried them up the field a little farther.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw something I've never seen before. Now I know raccoons and cats get along just fine but we had 3 baby coons show up tonight being controlled by a feral female cat that has been around for about 2 years. I guess she adopted the 3 babies as she was treating them like a litter of kittens.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife just took these while I was out weeding the corn. The young buck was near the other corner of the garden. They love the regrowth alfalfa and sure don't mind us being out there. Wish I could train them to eat weeds!:yum:

Attachments

• helper 007.jpg
    helper 007.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 32
  • helper 008.jpg
    helper 008.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 31

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Good pics . You should be wearing a jacket , I wouldn't want you to catch a cold . :whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They are coming out in the daylight a lot lately. Guess they feel secure up here on the hill. As for the jacket, I took it off in the barn before I got the kubota out and it is still out there. We are already up to 82 and I kicked the a/c on when I came in from bush hogging. Want to finish the pasture so I can drop the mower and put the spears on to gather more bales.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night was 12 at one time and that did not include the mom and twins. 7 were bucks and 3 were nice ones. This morning I had 4 watching me weed and one was only about 20 ft. from the fence. They are having a field day on the fresh green alfalfa.

Lia

Banned
When I moved here 20 years ago, a single fawn was the norm, now triplets are not unusual, and almost every doe has twins.

Yes, during the Spring there was a Doe with a pair of twins in the meadow overlooked by my place. There are more, and they do tend to come out of the trees, and even, sometimes run past my west fencing, real close. I mean, I have three dogs, but altho very timid, they (the Deer), tend to be a little bit curious also, altho when in curiosity mode they do so from the middle of the meadow. lol

Great pictures muley hon! :smile: