• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

State County Fairs

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Any really Good county Fairs out there? I went by one local fair and they were washing and blow drying the cows!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not near you but the 2 best I've been to are:
Erie County fair in western NY.
Canfield fair in eastern OH.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The best county fairs around here are already over.
Defiance co. in Hickville
Allen co. in Lima.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Iowa State Fair was in August. No.1 in all the land. Others may dare to compare.

Best County fair in Iowa is still going on. The Clay County is one of the largest in county fairs in the Midwest. A really good fair for sure.

Blow drying freshly shampoo'd livestock, primping and clipping are common at both lol... :wink:

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not been to the Ohio State fair since I was a kid.
Recall most of it.
Got a sunburn, and a bug flew in my ear.
I screamed.
My Mother said, of all the people walking around here today, you had to be the one to get a bug in your ear.

loboloco

I have not been to the Ohio State fair since I was a kid.
Recall most of it.
Got a sunburn, and a bug flew in my ear.
I screamed.
My Mother said, of all the people walking around here today, you had to be the one to get a bug in your ear.
Hmmm, does that make you a little buggy? (running for cover now):yum:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The Ohio State fair is huge. I haven't been to it in about 10-15 years though. I enjoyed walking through the animal barns.

jwstewar

Like others have said, washing and drying livestock is common for show. We happen to show Dairy Goats. Up until a few months ago, we also showed Boer Goats, they are a meat goat. The Boers were especially big into the primping. Bath, blow drive, fluff, spray hair spray on them. Wipe butts, noses, ears, and feet to make sure they are completely clean. The dairy are bathed and then slick sheared, but we will still bath and dry them the day of the show. Our animals usually make it to 6 - 8 shows a year. We are down a bit this year because of my daughter starting college. We weren't sure what her schedule would be. We still have a show coming up Saturday though, the Delaware County Ohio fair.

Our county fair is the Ross County Ohio Fair. We have a nice fair grounds, probably one of the nicest fairgrounds if not the nicest county fair ground in the state. We are the largest camping fair in the country with over 1400 campers and usually a 5-6 year waiting list to get a spot. We've had some of the nicest steers and hogs over the years. Now we are known for how many and how competitive our Boer goats are. We are around 190 head of Boer with quality that could compete any where in the county. Most other county fair winners wouldn't even make the cut at our fair.