• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder if the rain/moisture is causing the extra pain. I know it does that to my arthritis. I don't know much about the CBD oil but have you considered that an option? Is CBD oil legal there? It is in a lot of states now.

Yes it's legal. My friend who owns the BBQ place that I use in town sells it on line. He likes to have "multiple income streams" as he puts it. As one of his businesses takes a down turn it doesn't affect the overall picture quite so much.

And to answer your question, I hadn't thought of using CBD oil. I may give him a call for some and I can pick it up on Wednesday when I go in for my weekly wing fix.

I mowed for over 4 hours on Friday and my mower has a hydrostatic gearbox so that is 4 hours of movement on your right ankle as you speed up and slow down. Like you said, I honestly thought that it was just my arthritis flaring up in a new place but it doesn't feel like that.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Working a 10 hour shutdown tomorrow so I am taking the day off, been playing with the Suzuki making some adjustments on the tracks. I had one rubbing when breaking from level to up hill and had a toe out on the tracks about an inch. Fixed all of that now it time to clean it up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes it's legal. My friend who owns the BBQ place that I use in town sells it on line. He likes to have "multiple income streams" as he puts it. As one of his businesses takes a down turn it doesn't affect the overall picture quite so much.

And to answer your question, I hadn't thought of using CBD oil. I may give him a call for some and I can pick it up on Wednesday when I go in for my weekly wing fix.

I mowed for over 4 hours on Friday and my mower has a hydrostatic gearbox so that is 4 hours of movement on your right ankle as you speed up and slow down. Like you said, I honestly thought that it was just my arthritis flaring up in a new place but it doesn't feel like that.
I tried the cbd oil. For me it was like showing up to a gun fight with a plastic spoon. Didn't do a thing for me. Some people swear by it though.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes it's legal.

There are a couple of places around here that sell it. They do offer samples. That way, if it doesn't work, you don't have to buy a whole bottle, which is $30 or $40 bucks. Something to ask.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we're going to have to see if the "snake oil" does any good. My friend who owns the BBQ place says it does wonders for him after having his body beat up through high school and college football but, then again, he's selling it. :smile::smile::smile:

As I've said on here before, I'm a born cynic. :clap:

I've heard stories from both sides, some say it works and some say it doesn't. We'll give it a whirl and see if it makes any difference.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Everyone I know who swears by it also sells it. I tried it. It did nothing for me.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I've heard stories from both sides, some say it works and some say it doesn't. We'll give it a whirl and see if it makes any difference.

Like I said previously, you could ask for a sample and try it before you buy some. That would save you money if it doesn't work.

Bannedjoe

Everyone I know who swears by it also sells it. I tried it. It did nothing for me.
I've made my own rub using the entire bud (which of course contains more than just CBD) slow cooked in coconut oil for 12 hours.

I use it on my knees, which highly object to a full day of ladder climbing.
But I put it on before I start work.

It's one of those things that you don't notice right away, but at the days end, you realize the aches and pains aren't nearly as present as they normally are without it.

Of course your mileage may vary, but almost everyone I've given a sample to confirms it sure helps.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's see. So far I've pressure washed the entire 60ish feet of deck to prep it for stain. I vacuumed the basement stairs. Prepped ribs in the slow cooker for supper. And ripped off old lattice on the deck.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day doing a conveyor repair shutdown with my son.

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 62

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Still on the fence project. But slightly side tracked as we extended the patio pavers making the new "Beer Garden" to a 91/2' X 24" space with more pavers. Later, after I clear the building materials the smoker and grill go out there.
For years this was a broken concrete pad used to store building materials, doors and windows I bought on clearance over time for the garage remodel. Started back in 2008 but the economy tanked and we had to put all projects on hold.

Once back in the 80's when I was doing flatwork on the side, we had excess cement (4 yards" in a truck a block from my house. With little time for prep we just set some quick forms and poured a slab on what was a gravel storage pad. No rebar or mesh, it eventually cracked.

So,

I covered the broken concrete with 1" to 2" of sand and laid pavers in a pattern over it. The pavers were donated by my BIL who used to work of OLD CASTLE. I've had bricks, pavers and wall stone piled up for years. With a combination of "Shelter in place" and my son handling the factory for a while, I have been able to get some things done.

Someday I'll figure out how to do pictures.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After 7 hours of very hard sleep, I feel alive again.
Dayum.. never doing that again.
4 days off now, new schedule begins next week.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Been on muscle relaxers for 3 days due to a pulled muscle in my back on Friday. For the record I did carry a concrete table top from the driveway, around the house and out to the pool. So yup, I'm an idiot. I should have moved it with the Yamaha utility vehicle but I didn't want walk over to get it so I just lifted the table top and carried it. So yes, I am the king of idiots.

But feeling much better this morning. Barely a twinge.

I did get the pool cleaned out and the water is clear and warmed up to 88 degrees. Floated a bit in the water yesterday, I think that helped my back.

Watched too much TV yesterday but as I was still letting my back recover I wasn't really moving much.

I need to go to the bank drive thru this morning to deposit some checks. I'll also stop at the pharmacy to pick up a prescription refill, again just the drive thru.

Probably going to ride the motorcycle, I'd really like to feel some fresh air. I suppose a full face helmet counts as a "mask"?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Feeling good you have to labor under the grave misconception that life doesn't suck all day! :smile:

I pity you! :smile:

Well, it didn't suck all day.. just most of the day.
Has nothing to do with extra covid charting, dealing with frustrated families or residents.
It does at times have very much to do with lack of motivation and teamwork on the part of certain individuals.
I took a selfie on a very short break around 4pm.
Sent it to my son Jeff and 2 forum friends on netcookingtalk.
The reactions were mixed.
Yeah, I looked like hell.
Mask under the chin, lined sweaty face and as my son said.. very tired, sad eyes.
It can only get better.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, it didn't suck all day.. just most of the day.
Has nothing to do with extra covid charting, dealing with frustrated families or residents.
It does at times have very much to do with lack of motivation and teamwork on the part of certain individuals.
I took a selfie on a very short break around 4pm.
Sent it to my son Jeff and 2 forum friends on netcookingtalk.
The reactions were mixed.
Yeah, I looked like hell.
Mask under the chin, lined sweaty face and as my son said.. very tired, sad eyes.
It can only get better.

That's too bad. You got 7 hours of deep sleep so I thought that would give you a good day. Sorry it didn't. :(

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's too bad. You got 7 hours of deep sleep so I thought that would give you a good day. Sorry it didn't. :(

I think between my posting about my previous shitty day vs today caused some confusion.
Yes.
Today was good.
Extremely.
I'm hoping for more of them too.
Now however, the hay must be hit.
I'm going to Toledo tomorrow to see how Red Lobster dining will be with some friends, and how places for eats will be now that the social distancing is still in place.
Had to make reservations.
Facebook was fun.
That's where I've been most of the evening.
Even got two posts deleted by the powers that be.
Lol

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Congratulations on getting two FAKEbook posts deleted! Those hate-mongering, narrow-minded, heterophobic bigots hate it when us normal people post facts.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
About done with my coffee so now it's time for the gym, then the chiropractor and then I don't know. It will be 71 degrees and 'yucky'. ('Yucky' is a technical term for 'shitty weather'.)

Bannedjoe

I bought this the other day from a guy on CL.
I'm hoping to install it today between my two shipping container/carport/garage entrance.

We rarely if ever leave the house unattended, but it will be nice to add a little security for the bikes and tools etc.

Although any security measures really only keep honest people honest.
If someone wants your shit bad enough, they'll get it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.09.02 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.09.02 AM.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 46

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations on getting two FAKEbook posts deleted! Those hate-mongering, narrow-minded, heterophobic bigots hate it when us normal people post facts.

It's not the first time.
The first was a Biden meme about if you don't vote for him, you ain't black.
Then I proceeded to make a post of complaint about finding the meme on there, and how Zucky and Co are always eyeballing us.
That too is missing.
Guess I'll stick to posting pics of the grandkids and funny stuff.
You know, march to the drum of the leader?
:rolleyes:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
P G, the censorship is going to get worse as we get closer to the November election.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not the first time.
Then I proceeded to make a post of complaint about finding the meme on there, and how Zucky and Co are always eyeballing us.
That too is missing.

P G, the censorship is going to get worse as we get closer to the November election.

Trump warns social media giants that feds can ‘regulate’ or ‘close them down’ amid fight with Twitter

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...te-or-close-them-down-amid-fight-with-twitter

Bannedjoe

It's not the first time.
That too is missing.

Faceplant is not the medium to be posting ANYTHING serious.
But you know that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have had a break in work at the packaging plant. So. I have had some of the guys working on projects with me at home as well as upgrades on some of the machinery at work.

Today I had to send them home as it has rained all night and will do s oall day today.

So instead of slogging in the mud here, I'm headed to the plant to assess project progress and plan for restarting on Thursday. One issue with our niche business is that sometimes customers don't time their work convenient for us. Last week and again this week, we are dead in the water, nothing running until Friday. Next week we are slammed.

I have 8 more panels of fencing to install for phase two of the project. Next week is supposed to be sunny every day. Unless my son gets back from Connecticut, I won't be able to take advantage of the weather.

Such is life

Bannedjoe

It's not the first time.
That too is missing.

You know, I, like most people have a hard time with censorship.

I once belonged to a board where there was nothing subtle about it.
Very stern warnings with ban hammers flying everywhere.

People complained and stated that they wished they could speak their minds freely.
So I took it upon myself to start a rogue board where that was possible.
There were no mods, and no rules.

Many folks signed on board, but apparently couldn't handle the freedom, and would rather have rules and be told what to do.
I guess what they said they wanted, wasn't really what they wished for.

Status
Not open for further replies.