• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does tooth paste make you gag???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
For about the past year I have developed a strange problem . Tooth paste makes me gag . I do not gag just a little . I gag until I throw up . My stomach muscles hurt from straining to empty my stomach . Anyone ever heard of that ???

Almost seems like a waste of time to brush my teeth , as I will be vomiting immediately . I am reduced to using mouth wash and a dry tooth brush .:unsure:

snow dog

never heard of that, but even brushing your teeth with water is better than not brushing at all.

how's the projects

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
You are not supposed to eat it.:w00t2::w00t2:

Sorry.

Maybe it is not the toothpaste. Go see a doc. Or try switching brands. Maybe don't use the whitening kind - maybe you are alergic or sensitive to something in these newer toothpastes that do everything including polishing your shoes.

Can you even still buy a basic tooth paste like the original Crest?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I found that brushing my back teeth made me gag, it was almost impossible to clean my teeth without being sick, so you are not alone, it wasn't the toothpaste, it was the brush at the back of my mouth!

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
If your toothpaste tastes like sh!t, it's probably Preparation H.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
When i was drinking more than i should have been then yea doing my teeth in the morning i found i gagged like a bitch....not been drinking for a while and only reading this thread i kinda realized i do not gag any more.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You all crack me up !!! Thanks for the laugh !!!:yum: I have no idea why I puke . Just the smell of tooth paste is enough to set me off . I have tried baking soda in the past and at least I don't puke . I tried hydrogen peroxide once and my mouth starting foaming so much I thought I had turned rabid .. My dad use to use Comet Cleanser but I ain't that tough .:yum:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
For about the past year I have developed a strange problem . Tooth paste makes me gag . I do not gag just a little . I gag until I throw up . My stomach muscles hurt from straining to empty my stomach . Anyone ever heard of that ???

Almost seems like a waste of time to brush my teeth , as I will be vomiting immediately . I am reduced to using mouth wash and a dry tooth brush .:unsure:

Didn't I tell you in another thread here I used your toothbrush to clean your damn toilet :hammer::hammer:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes it does AL. But not to the point of throwing up. It's just when i try and brush the back bottom teeth. I've tried everything. Looking at the ceiling, opening wide, thinking about sex. Nothing seems to work.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You all crack me up !!! Thanks for the laugh !!! I have no idea why I puke . Just the smell of tooth paste is enough to set me off . I have tried baking soda in the past and at least I don't puke . I tried hydrogen peroxide once and my mouth starting foaming so much I thought I had turned rabid .. My dad use to use Comet Cleanser but I ain't that tough .

Try Tom's Of Maine natural toothpastes.
It might very well be a chemical used in other brands that causes this.
How long has this been going on, by the way?

Yes it does AL. But not to the point of throwing up. It's just when i try and brush the back bottom teeth. I've tried everything. Looking at the ceiling, opening wide, thinking about sex. Nothing seems to work.

Keep your mouth closed as much as possible when you go toward the back teeth.
And use a soft brush.