• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Darn Sauce!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
OK.....
In the past I was addicted to boose. :pirate: I was taking PAXIL since 1998 and from that point I have craved booze more and more. It was to the point I HAD to get a 12 beer fix every day! I was never like that before.

Well I switched meds. I went off PAXIL. A week after that happened.... that thought of having a beer was 'icky'. A solid shot? It seemed better. But that is BESIDES the point. When I was on PAXIL I NEEDED a beer. NEEDED. It haunted my mind from 7am to 11pm. I NEEDED IT!!!!
Now that I do NOT take PAXIL every desire is gone.
I wont go into all the things that took MAJOR chunks away from my life, but Im just hapy to be ME again. After ALL THESE YEARS!!!!
I have been blessed.

jbrumberg

Deadly Sushi:

Antidepressants and/or any psychotropic/neuroleptic medication can do strange things to mood, mental status, and cravings. Medication and Chemical/Alcohol use/abuse/dependency is an individualistic "trip" through life. Good for you about the beer "fix" and the ability to make the association between meds and thoughts. I look at antidepressants as "tools"- use them while you need them; don't use them when you don't need them. I was on Prozac for 3 years as a response to an abusive work environment, off for 5 years, now on again as a reaction to significant life changes. I hope to go off again. Good luck- Jay

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
It really is amazing. And sad. Between 2002 and early 07 I really wasted a lot of money and time. In 2005 there was a class action law suit from people like myself that started drinking like a fish after taking Paxil. We lost. :( Very very sad. And I tried like hell to get off of Paxil but the withdrawl was HORRIBLE. Think of having the flu and multiply it by 2. I couldnt leave my bed because I was throwing up. I got a horrible 'zapping' sensation in my brain too. I couldnt function. I tried going cold turkey then I tried getting off of it gradually. But going gradual was still a nightmare. At work I couldnt perform my job. So I went back to taking it. Now Im taking Celexa and Im back to 'normal' but I still have to take a drug which I hate.

jbrumberg

Deadly Sushi:

I can definitely relate to having to take medications to keep me "on track" even though they are undesirable especially the withdrawals. There is a cost/benefit for a lot of prescribed medications. There are times when a necessary medication results in the need to take even more medications. You do not have to ask me how I know this. Hang in there, if you suffer from depression the Celexa is helping your body balance your brain chemistry. Celexa also has a relativelylow side effect profile. Jay