• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Question for Ebay Sellers

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I listed an item. First time ever doing this. I listed it for $60.00 and was not getting any bids or people watching it. So I dropped the minimum to $40.00 which was yesterday. Today late in the day I get a message from a guy telling me he would give me $60.00 for it right now. I will not drop out of ebay as I know that is wrong and also it probably would be scam if I did. What would you all tell him? Would you change to listing to a buy now and let him have it or would you let the 3 days left on the listing take it's course?

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
sounds like a scam ,tell him to bid on it if he wants it,if they bug you just ignore or report the e-mail to ebay.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I listed an item. First time ever doing this. I listed it for $60.00 and was not getting any bids or people watching it. So I dropped the minimum to $40.00 which was yesterday. Today late in the day I get a message from a guy telling me he would give me $60.00 for it right now. I will not drop out of ebay as I know that is wrong and also it probably would be scam if I did. What would you all tell him? Would you change to listing to a buy now and let him have it or would you let the 3 days left on the listing take it's course?

Murph just go back and edit your ad to Buy now for $60.00 option and let him buy it that way . My wife and I just recently started using Ebay and have the "buy now" option on all ads . So far we have only sold 1 item that was bidded on . the rest have all been "Buy now" :wink:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I got a whole bunch of people asking questions and definitely some are fraud so I just told everybody the best is to bid on it. The guy that first wrote to me had one review. I have others that have at least 30 or more reviews that I trust a lot more.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a whole bunch of people asking questions and definitely some are fraud so I just told everybody the best is to bid on it. The guy that first wrote to me had one review. I have others that have at least 30 or more reviews that I trust a lot more.
Whoever is the first to pay for it are the only ones I trust . If you start tring to go by reviews you night find that you may not get the reviews yourself IMO . Another thing to remember is many times you wont receive any bids on an iten untill it gets down to the last few hours . :wink: