• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Kubota RTV1100

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
$24k is pretty close to sticker price on my Dodge Dakota quad cab 4x4, and significantly more than I actually paid for it!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
My salemans is on vaction but we talk a little and the price he gave me on the 1100 with the blizzard blade on it and extra lights, turn signal hazard kit and maybe a radio.....was about 23,000 to 24,000 with the tax.
Not cheap in my book but what is anymore.
Art

For A FRIGGIN oversized ATV !!!!!!! Holy Cow ! No thanks .I'll just walk ....:sad:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My salemans is on vaction but we talk a little and the price he gave me on the 1100 with the blizzard blade on it and extra lights, turn signal hazard kit and maybe a radio.....was about 23,000 to 24,000 with the tax.
Did they give you a price without the extras? As I recall, people are paying about $15,500 - $16,500 for an '09 model.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I think I paid about 17k for camo, Line-X bedliner and wireless winch.

Tact

I couldn't resist, so I called my dealer. He quoted $17K for camo, full cab enclosure, heat and air, and radio w/ CD player. :ermm:

I'm keeping my 900 ..............

Art454

Extras add up....factory bedliner is 200.00....blizzard blade is 3,500.00

And were else am I gona get 10 to 12 grand for my 900?

I have made no deal yet.

What I like about the RTV is no plates and ins year after year.

I have bought a lot of stuff from that dealer over the years and I feel like I have been treated right so far.

What you gona do if you want one?.....lol

Art

Art454

I couldn't resist, so I called my dealer. He quoted $17K for camo, full cab enclosure, heat and air, and radio w/ CD player. :ermm:

I'm keeping my 900 ..............

lol

Should have asked what they give you for your 900 on trade?

Art

Tact

Mine has a Curtis Cab enclosure, heat, and hydraulic dump bed. He said probably around $9000 in trade, but without seeing it in person, it's hard to give a trade in value over the phone, which I can understand. Even still, if they gave me $10K, I'd still have to come up with $7000 difference. I just don't see $7000 difference in mine and theirs. Mine only has 182 hours.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oops. My pricing was for orange, not camo.

What I like about the RTV is no plates and ins year after year.
Art,

What state are you in? Never heard of a state requiring registration and insurance and then dropping it. If you borrow to get it, the lender is going to require insurance.

Art454

Oops. My pricing was for orange, not camo.

Art,

What state are you in? Never heard of a state requiring registration and insurance and then dropping it. If you borrow to get it, the lender is going to require insurance.

Am in Michigan.....my homeowner policy covers it as long as you use it on your own property.....at least my ins policy does.
Have bought other stuff through Kubota....borrow... and all they wanted was a copy of my house ins.

What I meant about plates and ins is over what a truck 4x4 is over the RTV.

So as the years go on you don't have the expense in the RTV over a truck 4x4.

Art

Art

Last edited:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
lol

Should have asked what they give you for your 900 on trade?

Art

I did, and that was the problem. After my 'cash' quote, my dealer offered me $600 less for my RTV900 than I paid for it new. :eek: Trust me, that got the hook sunk in quite deep. I only lasted another day...:sad:

Art454

I did, and that was the problem. After my 'cash' quote, my dealer offered me $600 less for my RTV900 than I paid for it new. :eek: Trust me, that got the hook sunk in quite deep. I only lasted another day...:sad:

Please give me r dealers name and phone #
I paid 15,915 for my 900 with all the add ons and if that dealer will give me 600.00 less than what I paid for mine on a 1100 trade in deal I'll be down there the next day.

Art:w00t2:

Art454

Well I got my 1100.....they gave me 11,000 on trade in....have to say the 1100 is much nicer and more quite than my 900 was.....not as quick as my 900 was but the 1100 is about 700 pounds more in weight.
Have to say I like the 1100 much better and boy does the heater drive you outa there fast......lol
So far so good....if I have any problems I'll kept you all updated.

Art

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I plan on getting a 900 and am worried about the ground clearance and power. Can you add a leaf to the springs for more height or would tires be better so you don't screw up the axles?
I read about the loss of power. I plan on hauling 1000 pound loads of green wood and have a steep long hill to climb. Salesman said lots of low end pulling power and not to worry. Have the newer ones been changed? he was talking about the 900 diesel engine one.
I have a 660 rhino now and I pull the hill with plenty of power while overloaded with 800lbs of wood and one person. It has 10 inch ground clearance.
thanks Jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim,

Sounds like you need a demo brought to your place. Load it up and climb the hill.

How about you pose your question over at www.nettractortalk.com

There's a huge contingent of RTV owners over there and the RTV has it's own forum section.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the welcome and input!

BTW: This Kubota is replacing my 2009 Polaris 700 HD. I bought it last December and while the B.O.S.S. plow system worked well in the snow (no heated cab though so it was cold here in Utah) the real problems with my Ranger began when I took it off roading this last month up Millville canyon...

This canyon would be described as a fairly easy uphill off-road test for pretty much any ATV/RTV, but after about 10 minutes on the Polaris 700 HD, our seats started getting very warm (the motor seems to be located almost directly underneath the seating area.)

At then end of our half hour ride, our butts were so hot that we were sweating, plus the design of the Polaris Ranger was such that we noticed dust and heat being 'blown' into the lower area of the riders cab during our trip (my father and I had to both beat the dust out of our clothes when we returned home), and everything, the dash, console, controls, seats, etc was caked with a thick layer of dirt....strange considering we had a partial hard cab on the vehicle.

So after $300 more spent on a half-height 'summer' windshield, and removing the back portion of the cab as well as drilling a bunch of 2" holes in the armor plating that had been installed on the bottom of the Ranger for extra venting, we took it back onto the same dirt road to give it another try...end result, the exact same problem, tremendous heat and large amounts of dust were blown through the small center opening directly under our seat in the cab area, and our off-road experience was such that we quickly returned home, and I posted my Ranger for sale the next day.

Another thing that really bothers me about the Polaris Ranger HD is that when you try to achieve higher speeds (anything over 25 MPH) the engine loudly whines like you are stuck in first gear (yes I was in 2-wheel "High") and it's almost impossible to carry on a conversation with anyone, or even enjoy the ride, with that much noise present...I've had the vehicle into the dealer probably 10 times in 5 months to address issues like this, and each time they would tell me that there was nothing wrong, that these things were normal for the Polaris HD, lol...

I'll bet I spent $23,000 on that Ranger...but cannot recommend anyone else buy one until the engineers at Polaris spend a little more time at the drawing board as my 'off-road' experience with my over-priced Ranger just made me angry!

Anyway, I had a chance to test drive a Kubota 1100 and immediately was impressed with how much quieter it ran than the Polaris, and of course Polaris can't even begin to compete with the enclosed air-conditioned and heated cab...something I consider a must after having to hose myself down after a ride off-road on the Ranger.

Anyway, I'll post any reviews (good or bad) on the Kubota once it arrives, but based on what I've seen so far...it is in a different class than anything Polaris currently offers...

Gary
i worked on those things in iraq we used them to carry lazy officers and fat first seargents around they might work good around the house or for a weekend hunting trip but for every day use the transmissions were junck and would loose their gears cvt clutches fell apart and brakes and electrical were junk charging systems would fail usualy a voltage regulator so in would go an optima and a solar charger. because we couldn't get parts for comercial equipment.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
In case anyone ever wondered about putting a turbo on their RTV1100, I've had my turbo on for about 2 full years now. It's not really any faster, maybe 2-3 mph, but it gets there faster and will hold over 20 mph on the road going up steep and long inclines.

I've not noticed any difference in my oil when I change it. In other words, it doesn't look blacker than before adding the turbo. I've never had any over-heating issues, oil consumption issues or, acutally, any issues at all. My RTV almost never got used the first year. That "throw you through the windshield when you let off the throttle" pretty well prevented my wife from ever wanting to drive it and the same went for my kids. I think I installed the coast valve (original coast valve on eBay) a month or so before the turbo kit. After the turbo and coast valve, it gets used quite often. I have a special made toolbox in the bed just like in a pickup and I'm always using it to go work on something around the property. The toolbox is full of tools and the rest of the bed is generally filled with building materials. The tailgate makes a good makeshift work platform.

At my larger parcel of property there were several places my RTV900 could not get to nor would the RTV1100 (stock) because there were several long and winding hills that were really steep and roughly 100 - 150 feet rise in elevation. The addition of the turbo made this climb a complete non-issue. There is now no need to try to carry too much speed around some corners to make the climb after the corner. With the turbo on the 1100, I can easily pick up speed as I encounter these hills in 4X4 and, if needed, step on the rear diff lock. Now, if I know I'm going to be going up those hills, I just lock the rear differential when I unload. It's not like I'm worried about leaving marks in a lawn.

The turbo was relatively expensive, but I feel it was definitely worth it. The RTV1100 is actually quite heavy and the turbo makes the engine a good match. When I was installing the turbo I was pleasantly surprised that all of the cooling and oil supply and return lines were already made into the RTV1100 engine's block. All I had to do was remove the plugs and install the turbo lines. In my mind, that almost makes it a sure thing that this particular Kubota engine must be offered in some form with a turbo from Kubota. If my memory is right, I think the $1600 spent for the entire turbo kit and coast valve were well worth the money. We use the RTV relatively often now and I have no desire to own anything different. You can count this as my 3 year ownership review if you want. Except that crappy weld on the door frame, which I simply fixed and rewelded both sides since Kubota clearly wasn't going to do shit about it after I hounded them months about it, nothing else has broken and I've only done normal maintenance.

I would recommend one after my 3 years of owning one, but I'd highly suggest checking out the door frame welds on the unit before you buy it. It's too late now, but if Facebook and YouTube was as popular then as they are now, I think I could have gotten Kubota off their dead asses and made them fix the flat ass shitty welds on my door frame. I feel they owe me $300 for my time and labor to fix their piss poor workmanship that did break as I said it would, yet Kubota simply opted to ignore me when that happened. Rather than park it for months, I just fixed it myself. Hmm, I still have all the pictures....maybe I ought to put a video on YouTube about Kubota's piss poor workmanship on RTV welds and get it to go viral by having all 1200 friends or so I have on Facebook view it and have their friends view it. I've noticed that companies don't seem to like making the evening news due to a viral YouTube video pointing out their screw-ups and refusal to make good on fixing them. Obviously I'm still a bit chapped about Kubota forcing me to fix their piss poor welding job. Otherwise, it's a great machine. I just made a mistake by not taking Kubota to court for failing to abide by their own warranty and making me fix their problem. Oh well, live and learn.