• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Coronavirus: WHO backflips on virus stance by condemning lockdowns

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
From the vaults of Captain obvious:

https://www.news.com.au/world/coron...s/news-story/f2188f2aebff1b7b291b297731c3da74

The World Health Organisation has backflipped on its original COVID-19 stance after calling for world leaders to stop locking down their countries and economies.

Dr. David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method” of the coronavirus.

He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the potential lives saved.

“Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer,” he said. [..]

His message is timely. In a world first, a number of health experts from all over the world came together calling for an end to coronavirus lockdowns earlier this week.

They created a petition, called the Great Barrington Declaration, which said that lockdowns were doing “irreparable damage.”

“As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists, we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection,” read the petition.

“Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health.”

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
This is why I've become so cynical about this whole virus thing!! There have been so many flip flops I can't believe any of the "experts" anymore. I know it's real but I wonder if we would have had 2 million deaths if nothing was done. I'm of the prime age to die from it but I've reached the point of not worrying about it anymore. I also wonder if this had occurred in 2019 or 2021 what the result would be if the politicization of it in an election year hadn't occurred??

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
This is why I've become so cynical about this whole virus thing!! There have been so many flip flops I can't believe any of the "experts" anymore. I know it's real but I wonder if we would have had 2 million deaths if nothing was done. I'm of the prime age to die from it but I've reached the point of not worrying about it anymore. I also wonder if this had occurred in 2019 or 2021 what the result would be if the politicization of it in an election year hadn't occurred??

If a spouse or friend lies to you just once, you have a hard time believing anything they say after that. It should be the same thing with the government and I do take that stand. If someone from the government or news media told me it's dark outside and it's midnight, I'd go outside to verify.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The definition of an expert is a drip under pressure. These "drips" have definitely been under pressure.

I am of the belief that is something doesn't seem to make sense, in reality it probably doesn't. None of this lockdown, no open, no masks works, but we must wear them or we are the enemy,, makes logical sense.

After 6 months of decisions to make an indecision, I have pretty much had it with the so called "experts." I mean how many times can one punt the ball and expect to ever win the game?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I was done more than 3 months ago when they figured out the death rate for folks without conditions were the same as the flu. Wash you're hands.