• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Presidential Debates

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
What I saw happening is Wallace would ask Trump a question and he would answer, then the question was asked of Biden he used the time to attack Trump 90% of the questions. Then when Trump tried to rebut Biden, Wallace would shut him down. As much as both parties need to speak both parties need to answer the questions too. The next one if they want to turn the mic. off when its not you're turn thats ok but if you pivot from the question you are shut down and lose your time.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Chris Wallace only fanned the flames.

He in no way moderated the debate.

Gone are the days of candidates debating issues and platforms with some class, with a bit of jocularity thrown in.

No one won that debacle.

Biden was childish and desperate in his verbal attack on the president.

The president should have restrained himself from bringing up Hunter Biden and behaving like a buffoon.

I won't be watching the next one.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Chris Wallace only fanned the flames.

He in no way moderated the debate.

Gone are the days of candidates debating issues and platforms with some class, with a bit of jocularity thrown in.

No one won that debacle.

Biden was childish and desperate in his verbal attack on the president.

The president should have restrained himself from bringing up Hunter Biden and behaving like a buffoon.

I won't be watching the next one.
:agree: with all you said except Hunter Biden. I'm glad Trump brought him up. If Biden were elected he is beholding to Ukraine, Russia and China for 'gifts' given to Hunter Biden.

I also liked that President Trump stated that the taxes he paid were in line with the tax laws that Biden and his fellow dems have put in place over the last 40 years.

I agree that the President was not Presidential during the debate. I suppose he has been on the defensive for the past four plus years and cannot stand still and listen to the BS that Biden tries to spout. Like you PG, I wish he had gotten his points across with more class. Maybe that would have been impossible while fighting both Biden and Chris Wallace.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
If Faux News doesn't fire Chris Wallace we know they told his what to say and do.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
:agree: with all you said except Hunter Biden. I'm glad Trump brought him up. If Biden were elected he is beholding to Ukraine, Russia and China for 'gifts' given to Hunter Biden.

I also liked that President Trump stated that the taxes he paid were in line with the tax laws that Biden and his fellow dems have put in place over the last 40 years.

I agree that the President was not Presidential during the debate. I suppose he has been on the defensive for the past four plus years and cannot stand still and listen to the BS that Biden tries to spout. Like you PG, I wish he had gotten his points across with more class. Maybe that would have been impossible while fighting both Biden and Chris Wallace.
Trump isn't Presidential???? WTF does that even mean?

Presidential like Reagan? Like Bush 41? Like Clinton? Like Kennedy????

How about like "give 'em hell Harry Truman?

American Presidents are not royalty. Some, like the Obama's, have considered themselves to be that kind of "Special." They ain't.

Trump identifies with the man on the street. And consequently, the man on the street identifies with him. Seems to be an effective strategy for running the country as well as attracting votes.

I'll ask this question of you guys who think Trump should be more "Presidential." How many would like to take lying Biden or petulant Pelosi behind the woodshed with a willow branch?

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
As canadians, most of us up here are sitting back with bucket of popcorn in hand watching the joke that the whole us elections process has become then chuckle when we hear "we're the greatest country in the world" coming from South of the border.

We have our issues up here too. There's no perfect country. We have a douchebag for a prime minister. The whole government is a mess up here with the ndp, bloc quebequois, and liberals teaming up to overide the conservatives. But on the whole, I'll take that any day over what I'm seeing down there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Presidential- with some decorum, like a statesman.

They both acted like petulant children throwing rocks.

That was Trump in the early days campaigning, when he appalled me.

I saw that emerging from him during the debate.

One might argue Biden had it coming.

The President should have been well aware of what was coming his way.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

My wife watched, I didn't, and that is about how she described it. She said it wasn't a debate, it was two grumpy old men arguing.

Personally, I think Trump's tactics were part of a plan to get Biden flustered and lose his "cool", make mistakes and say something stupid. Since I didn't watch I don't know if it worked or not but my impression is that it didn't.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

That was Trump in the early days campaigning, when he appalled me.

I saw that emerging from him during the debate.

One might argue Biden had it coming.

The President should have been well aware of what was coming his way.

I with you on this. Trump should have been prepared. Instead, like most of us, he figured Biden would be half asleep at the podium and crash. Instead, Biden was on game and his insults, "Your a clown" and "The man is a liar everyone knows it" turned the street fighter loose. I guarantee, that was planned.

And it worked.

Next debate, I hope Trump is prepared for the same taunts.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I look at this from the perspective President Trump is up against all the mainstream medias, every country in the world, the Democrat party and lot of people in the Republican party. I'm sure it's hard for him to keep his composure under that pressure.

Look at it this way, if a guy was defending his life against 10 people beating the crap out of him, would you hold it against him if he done something "unethical" like kicked some of them in the balls?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I look at this from the perspective President Trump is up against all the mainstream medias, every country in the world, the Democrat party and lot of people in the Republican party. I'm sure it's hard for him to keep his composure under that pressure.

Look at it this way, if a guy was defending his life against 10 people beating the crap out of him, would you hold it against him if he done something "unethical" like kicked some of them in the balls?

I think that is the trouble the elites have with Trump. For those who deserve it, he has no problem with kicking them in the balls.

To hell with being "Presidential." Get the job done, keep your promises, fight like you alone are defending 350 million souls. That, is the job description. Presidential, my @ss.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I think that is the trouble the elites have with Trump. For those who deserve it, he has no problem with kicking them in the balls.

To hell with being "Presidential." Get the job done, keep your promises, fight like you alone are defending 350 million souls. That, is the job description. Presidential, my @ss.

I agree. If President Trump was absolutely perfect, the sleazy Democrats and their willing accomplices in the mainstream media would find something wrong with him.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree. If President Trump was absolutely perfect, the sleazy Democrats and their willing accomplices in the mainstream media would find something wrong with him.

That reminds me of a quote by Ronald Reagan. He said, " If I could walk on water the press would report it as "Ronald Reagan can't swim"". I think that about sums up our present day media.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
That reminds me of a quote by Ronald Reagan. He said, " If I could walk on water the press would report it as "Ronald Reagan can't swim"". I think that about sums up our present day media.

I hadn't heard that one but it's typical Reagan and GREAT!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I see Fox is putting Wallace up at least once on every program hoping to get him back in good graces with the viewing public. IMO he's shown his true colors in that he's as far left as Juan Williams and Donna Brasille!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I see Fox is putting Wallace up at least once on every program hoping to get him back in good graces with the viewing public. IMO he's shown his true colors in that he's as far left as Juan Williams and Donna Brasille!!

Yup Wallace done gone and sh1t the bed. :shitHitFan:

Republicans will remember this for years, the rest of his career..

Regards, Kirk