• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Presidential Debates

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Who's going to be watching?
:dizzy:

I plan to.

The first of three presidential debates between Donald Trump and Joe Biden is Tuesday, Sept. 29, at Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. The 90-minute debate begins at 9 p.m. ET with moderator Chris Wallace, a FOX News anchor.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to try. I'm just wondering who's going to fall asleep first, me or Biden.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think that I'm going to watch. I already know who I'm voting for so I really don't see any point. Maybe I'll catch the highlights, if there are any, later on.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think that I'm going to watch. I already know who I'm voting for so I really don't see any point. Maybe I'll catch the highlights, if there are any, later on.

More efficient that is. Bidens highlights and his lowlights Shouldn't take more than a minute to review.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm expecting some painful moments from Biden.
I'm hoping the President exercises some tact, because after all he is the president.
No confrontational sleepy Joe jokes in front of a world wide audience.
I think he's come a long way in that department.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hoping for a train wreck by biden
and praying for no major screw ups from President Trump. So yeah I'll be watching.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Who's going to be watching?
:dizzy:

I plan to.

The first of three presidential debates between Donald Trump and Joe Biden is Tuesday, Sept. 29, at Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. The 90-minute debate begins at 9 p.m. ET with moderator Chris Wallace, a FOX News anchor.

I typically don't watch. An hour and a half of the same talking points is a bit much.

I'll pick up the synopsis in the AM. Including the Biden gaffe video.

I'll still vote for now and future President Donald Trump.

Kaper

I'm expecting some painful moments from Biden.
I'm hoping the President exercises some tact, because after all he is the president.
No confrontational sleepy Joe jokes in front of a world wide audience.
I think he's come a long way in that department.

^^^^^^^
This, all Trump has to do is listen and joe will do himself in !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
^^^^^^^
This, all Trump has to do is listen and joe will do himself in !

Biden has requested a chair, and a break every 30 minutes.
Hmmm
On the other hand, the President requested Biden be drug tested and to have his ears checked for devices.

This thing hasn't even started yet and it's already interesting.
:th_lmao:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After watching a little over 45 minutes of this debate, I'm surprised that Biden has been making sense.
I'm not surprised that the President has been able to shoot back with rapid fire statistics with a sense of humour.

A little over 20 minutes in, Biden told the president to shut up, and stop running his yap.
Then he told him he was the worst President this country ever has had.

That's where I stopped.
Chris Wallace: have fun with the rest of this.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
After watching a little over 45 minutes of this debate, I'm surprised that Biden has been making sense.
I'm not surprised that the President has been able to shoot back with rapid fire statistics with a sense of humour.

A little over 20 minutes in, Biden told the president to shut up, and stop running his yap.
Then he told him he was the worst President this country ever has had.

That's where I stopped.
Chris Wallace: have fun with the rest of this.

Lost me before that. Giving me a headache :(

I’m VERY surprised Biden remains coherent. Must really be some great drugs!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This is the first time in decades, I have seen the candidates debate on the Presidential debate program. They are actually dueling.

And Biden is losing.

So is Chris Wallace.

"Chris, I didn't come here to debate with you."
Priceless.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree!!!!!

Attachments

• toons339.jpg
    toons339.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 74

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I notice Joe had to repeat, consistently, the MSM taut line..." He has no plan." After which he charged what the President plans to do to Obama / Biden's sacred Health insurance program and Roe V wade.

That said, President Trump didn't lay out any of his future plans but instead he did refer to what plans he has so far executed. To which Chris Wallace interrupted and stopped to change the subject.

Yeah Chris gave Biden a lift or two tonight.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Biden was wired up like James Bond ....... check out the link!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvY38Pa0m5E[/ame]

Attachments

• 90995E2A-264D-4CB0-A610-E9F8FD031412.jpeg
    90995E2A-264D-4CB0-A610-E9F8FD031412.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Usually when asked a question a politician doesn't want to answer, they ramble on and talk in generalities, not actually answering the question.

The clip of Biden REFUSING to answer a question (about the Supreme Court) needs to be made into a political ad and run over and over and over.

BTW I did an internet search using "Biden refuses to answer" as the search criteria, EVERY search result was about Trump.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is Mark Levin's take on last nights debate:

Last Night’s Debate
MARK LEVIN·WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2020·2 MINUTES
As I reflect on last night’s debate, Biden pulled the same stunts on the president as he pulled on Paul Ryan eight years earlier, but Trump would have none of it.

Biden was making faces, rolling his eyes, interrupting the president with laughs and jabs, and was long-winded, which the moderator allowed to a ridiculous level. He was also allowed much longer opportunities uninterrupted by the moderator to speak, which Biden used to hurl one nasty lie after another. The president is a counter-puncher and often was forced to try to muscle his way in to address Biden’s list of attacks as he wasn’t given opportunities to reply.

The moderator’s liberal bias was obvious in the nature of many of the questions, as was his dislike of the president when he’d get into arguments with the president over policy while mostly letting Biden get away with whoppers.

The moderator knows the governors shutdown the economy not the president, the moderator knows the president didn’t kill over 200,000 Americans, the moderator knows Antifa is a real group, the moderator knows that the “science” of man-made climate change is in dispute, etc., but it seemed like none and certainly little of his correcting or challenging was aimed at Biden or, even worse, he’d insert his views into the questioning and follow up. If he was truly interested in tax returns, why did he ignore Biden’s use of an S-1 corporation to get around paying over half a million dollars in payroll taxes, including Social Security, or mention that the New York Times article itself states that Trump paid approximately $24 million in the alternative minimum tax. If you’re going to bring it up, then get it right.

Unlike most commentators I’m reading this morning, who either declare a plague on all their houses or are more critical of the president than Biden, I see it differently. Biden’s strategy was as a disrupter who was prepared with memorized attack lines and falsehoods, which he rattled off like a machine gun. Biden's handlers figured such a debate — going from hiding in the basement and limiting press availability to a debate brawl — would continue to protect Biden from real scrutiny for his past record and his current embrace of truly extremist policies as set forth in his 110-page manifesto. Biden’s obvious strategy, plus the moderator’s predictable approach, was infuriating.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just like big dawg said .....

Attachments

• toons340.jpg
    toons340.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 81

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Chris Wallace SUCKS!!!!!

True. I sent an email to Faux News this morning telling them to fire Wallace. I know they're not going to do it but it's my way of saying SCREW YOU.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In sum, amidst all the sound and fury of the debate, these two important points emerged:

(1) If he wins, Biden will almost certainly sign off on ending the filibuster to pack the courts and add two new states for a permanent Democrat majority that will leave the Constitution behind.

(2) Trump may have announced that he’s about to reveal that the Democrats, from Obama on down, engaged in a coup against an American president.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One other tidbit I noticed:
Trump said Obama left 180 judge positions unfilled.
I suspect they were so sure of Hillary being the next Prez that they did this on purpose. :bonk: