• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump, Melania and Hope Hicks test positive for COVID

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw yesterday that Hope Hicks was showing symptoms yesterday.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting analysis of the NYTimes reporting from ZeroHedge: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/president-trump-has-covid-19-here-what-happens-next

Trump Exhibiting "Mild" COVID-19 Symptoms As Aides Search For Way To Show He's Still In Charge

Update (0832ET): The NYT beat its competitors by publishing the first "behind-the-scenes" look at the events of Thursday and Friday, as President Trump confronted the news that one of his top aides had fallen ill, before learning that he and his wife had been infected.

It also offered the first hint that the next two debates will likely be cancelled, or the format substantially modified.

It’s almost certain that the remaining two debates between Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden will be canceled or drastically changed. The next one is scheduled for less than two weeks from now, on Oct. 15, and medical guidance would most likely keep the president isolated until then.​

While also pointing out that under Washington DC's quarantine rules, Trump won't be able to leave the area during the final stretch of the campaign.

And after having gone forward with the rallies he craves, despite rules against large gatherings in many states, Mr. Trump will not be able to leave Washington during a final, crucial stretch of the campaign.​

Perhaps the most salacious claim reported by the NYT is that Trump aides are discussing ways to get him out in front of the cameras on Friday to project an image of strength and reassure the American electorate that he would still be leading the country. One aide even suggested delivering a national address.

“Trump is now in the position of becoming exhibit No. 1 for the failure of his leadership on coronavirus, and he runs the risk that his supporters will feel misled by his dismissiveness of the virus and the need for precautions,” said Geoff Garin, a Democratic pollster.​

While Trump has never been a sympathetic individual, the fact that both he and his wife have fallen ill could help drum up public sympathy, especially as the public reacts to the deranged tweets from leftists praying for Trump's demise.

NYT White House reporter Maggie Haberman shared reports that Trump seemed lethargic and may have been mildly symptomatic with cold-like symptoms on Thursday during a meeting with donors at his Bedminster Golf Club in New Jersey. Some of her sources also claimed that Trump fell asleep on a flight back from the Minnesota rally, and may have been symptomatic as early as Wednesday.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
... and the hate from the left is now on public display

Yup.
It's not taken them long at all to jump all over it.
That said, look back at some of the coverage of Tuesday night's debate.
The President looked like hell.
I chalked it up to fatigue.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
"...While also pointing out that under Washington DC's quarantine rules, Trump won't be able to leave the area during the final stretch of the campaign."

Perhaps the author should actually read DC's rules. Nothing in them prohibits travel to areas outside DC..

In fact, travel by auto and/or plane to areas outside DC is expressly allowed.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ND President Fr Jenkins has Covid 19. I suspect he got it at the White House.

He was widely criticized for not wearing a mask when he was there late last week for Amy Coney Barrett’s SCOTUS nomination. All ND students and faculty are required to wear masks on/off campus unless in their private car/home. He set a bad example.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wishing the best for a quick recovery for President and Mrs Trump

If this was Obama, or Hillary or uncle JOe I still would not wish death and disease upon them.

ND President Fr Jenkins has Covid 19. I suspect he got it at the White House.

He was widely criticized for not wearing a mask when he was there late last week for Amy Coney Barrett’s SCOTUS nomination. All ND students and faculty are required to wear masks on/off campus unless in their private car/home. He set a bad example.

Quoting myself for an update.

NBC news reporter from the event said that everyone was tested at the event and all tested NEGATIVE, they were informed of that fact, and all told it was safe to be without a mask at the event.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Hate sound like I'm wearing a tinfoil hat but I suspect someone in his staff planted it on him. There's still plenty of swamp creatures in the white house that manage to stay hidden under their rock!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hate sound like I'm wearing a tinfoil hat but I suspect someone in his staff planted it on him. There's still plenty of swamp creatures in the white house that manage to stay hidden under their rock!!
I was wondering the same Mike. If so I hope they catch them and fast.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NBC reporting Trump has a fever & shortness of breath.

Senator Tom Tullis is the latest to be diagnosed with Covid. Several members of the press corps and White House staffers are also infected.

Was the SCOTUS nomination event a superspreader event?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m beginning to think the Trump campaign and Senate Republicans have been sabotaged!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
In the President's video last evening, I thought he sounded well, if not a tiny bit throaty and nasally ( how's that for a nurse's take? Lol)

I don't know about all the conspiracy stuff flying around.
I do think the President wasn't as careful as he could have been around others, then womp!
Told y'all covid is a sneaky virus.
Mask or not.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Jake Tapper just can't help himself.

He said the President has become a "symbol of his own failures", and added the quip "Get well, and get it together".. what?

Can't even show an ounce of respect for an ill President.

What an ass.

Even the Obama's and the Clinton's wished him well.
Not sure if their sentiments were genuine.

Probably not.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The minor media are announcing that the treatments used on President Trump, currently considered experimental, will be FDA approved for all.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The minor media are announcing that the treatments used on President Trump, currently considered experimental, will be FDA approved for all.

Those drugs/ treatments are the ones some are claiming that he's bought stock in, therefore lining his pockets.. whatever!
I saw that mentioned on that other place.

People are also griping over the fact that when he exited Marine One last night to return to the White House that he was putting on a triumphant display.. and... gasp!! REMOVED HIS MASK.
For crying out loud. Lol

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
It's like Reagan said about himself:" If I could walk on water the MSM would claim I can't swim". Same for the prez.