• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1982 BR100 fuel pump and carb question

928mr2

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to Bombis. I dreamed of owning one since I was a boy and I finally had the chance lately to buy a 1982 BR100 with 1900 hours of use. :smile:
I checked around and of course there are many things to do on it.
I would like to know if a fuel pump and carburator kit is available for these machines cause the fuel pump is leaking.
Also in these Ford industrial engine, does it have a timing belt or a timing chain?
any help appreciated.

brianf

we need a little more info on machine could have the 1.6l or the 2.3l, if it is a automatic than will be 2.3 parts are still available for both motors from local parts store

928mr2

we need a little more info on machine could have the 1.6l or the 2.3l, if it is a automatic than will be 2.3 parts are still available for both motors from local parts store

Sorry, it has the manual 4 speed tranny. It should be the 1.6l

brianf

1969 to 1971 ford pinto 1.6l most parts are the same or available, some of the parts for industrial motor are different but if you go to a rebuilder or good parts store they can get pretty well anything you need, you just need to find parts person who can still use the parts books

928mr2

:ermm:I have a strange feeling that it won't be easy to get parts:ermm:

At least I leave not too far from where they have been built!

Do you know if it has a T-belt or a chain?
thank's for the help

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
usually If you do a search on bing or google with your engine model followed by the make you'll get lots of info. give 2274E ford a try.
My parts book is shownig a chain
Jim

The 1.6 industrial(also known as a KSC-416) has a timing chain. My opinion and experience is very few Pinto parts work or perform as the industrial parts do but others seem satisfied with using them. Do a Google search for a Ford Industrial engine dealer near you location if you choose to go that route. Best of luck, you have a good solid model of snowcat!

928mr2

Thank you very much all for your help. I'll certainly come back often on this forum for help cause I intend to restore the thing over the years:wink:
Thank's again

rustybarnard440

I'm looking for a carb kit for my Bombi 1.6L ford engine. Not sure if its the same as the BR100 or a pinto carb but if someone could help me locate one would be very helpful.

I'm looking for a carb kit for my Bombi 1.6L ford engine. Not sure if its the same as the BR100 or a pinto carb but if someone could help me locate one would be very helpful.

If it has a tag on the carb you may be able to go to Napa and get an overhaul kit but I kind of doubt it. The next best bet would be to take your carb to a competent carb rebuilder and he maybe able to piece and part it pack together for you but they are hard to find.The next option would be to get an after market carb that will work for the application but that maybe difficult in this day and age.

I would try and find a Ford Industrial Parts dealer online and see what a new carb will cost if they are even available. I went that route about 20 years ago and the carb was about 400 dollars but after monkeying around with the old carb for a whole season it was money well spent. Once I started putting the correct parts on the engine and following the tuning specs in the industrial service manual, the engine ran great!