• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
12s all around today.
12 hours on, noon to midnight.
Admissions new are there.
Isolation automatically since they've come directly from the area hospitals.
I'm going to have a lot of loose ends waiting.
That's a given.
:dizzy:

Wow. That's gotta be exhausting. How many hours a week is typical for you?

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the gym this morning and going to a Celebration of Life this evening in Council Bluffs for a late friend of mine.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Uh oh. Don't mess with PG today because she's probably not rated PG with all the caffeine. LOL

I wasn't too happy because one of my nurse aides decided she was "sick" suddenly.
She wasn't as far as I could tell.

No temp, prior to that she was goofing off and kept getting on her phone texting someone.
Some of those young girls think I'm not paying attention to their shenanigans.
I had no choice but to let her go home.
I mean, I cannot force someone to stay if they claim to not be feeling well.
Turns out I could not get anyone to come in to replace her on a Saturday night.
So the others struggled to get things done before their shift was over.
I helped!
I passed fresh ice water for them, and answered some call lights.

I've got the next 3 days off.
It's going to be another cool and beautiful day.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Pirate Girl, she was texting? One of her friends probably told her about a party going on, so she used 'being sick' as an excuse to put that above her job.

No ethics or concern about her responsibilities at work. I wonder how SHE will feel when SHE is in a nursing home 50 years from now and HER nurse aide does the same thing to HER!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading home from camp. The in laws are coming for the night. He has day surgery in the morning to do plastic surgery in his middle finger after cutting the tip off with a table saw. Ouch.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday took the 5 ton and went to the port of Oakland Ca. to pick up a $20' container. ( no protests and didn't even have to shoot my way out ) Next I will mount my solar panels on top then set the inside up for battery and inverter storage. When it goes to the mountain I plan to leave it at a 48" elevation off the ground on steel poles for easy access in the winter. I will build a ramp so I can put the Suzuki inside also. I hope to get it there and set up before the snow flies. This is the last component to making it livable there. ( no more battery charging with the generator )

Attachments

• IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 71

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday took the 5 ton and went to the port of Oakland Ca. to pick up a $20' container. ( no protests and didn't even have to shoot my way out ) Next I will mount my solar panels on top then set the inside up for battery and inverter storage. When it goes to the mountain I plan to leave it at a 48" elevation off the ground on steel poles for easy access in the winter. I will build a ramp so I can put the Suzuki inside also. I hope to get it there and set up before the snow flies. This is the last component to making it livable there. ( no more battery charging with the generator )

Great project. Please keep us informed as it progresses as the subject still interests me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pirate Girl, she was texting? One of her friends probably told her about a party going on, so she used 'being sick' as an excuse to put that above her job.

No ethics or concern about her responsibilities at work. I wonder how SHE will feel when SHE is in a nursing home 50 years from now and HER nurse aide does the same thing to HER!!!

Bingo!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today its a little cooler and I got about 5 hours in on the flower beds. Today I was able to get plastic in and the new plants planted, I threw a few rocks in to hold the plastic down. I should be able to finish it tomorrow. One more after this one, then a couple that are not as bad next year. Its almost time for a good trim and clean up. Then move on to the next crisis.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 77

Bannedjoe

Ya gotta love the hell out of containers!
So was it a $20 dollar container, a 20 foot container, or a $20 per foot container.
All might apply.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I almost took today off after all, it's Sunday.

I piddled around out in the shop and found something that I don't want to talk about because it will show me up for the idiot that I am. I'm a dumbass. I'm going to take this one to my grave with me. Don't ask.

After watering my potatoes I attacked the Johnson grass out in the pasture. I got pretty much everything on the house side of the lake done which only leaves another three sides to go. I may have to take a break from killing Johnson grass and attack some of the other weeds. It's only 2 weeks since I mowed the house side of the pasture and there is Carolina nettle everywhere. It could be a Grazon day followed by more Johnson grass extermination.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NO CLUE what I'm going to actually get done today.

Baby in the house has the schedules turned inside out and upside down. Probably would be able to get more stuff done if he wasn't so much fun to play with.

I should go out to the bank drive-thru and make a couple deposits. At some point I need to hit the UPS store to drop off a couple Amazon returns.

Sometime I need to write up a material list and order some cedar boards and posts. I have a generator screen plan that the lovely Mrs_Bob has asked me to build. Its just a matter of getting the materials one of these days.

3 of my students have been building websites of their fencing accomplishments to send out with letters to coaches. So I've been doing a lot of letter and website editing with them, offering suggestions, working to the get the photos right, etc. Normally college coaches would be watching these kids, and talking with them, at the national events around the country. All the events are cancelled. So this is going to be a very unusual year for recruiting. The kids have to get their films and faces in front of the coaches so we are having them build up some simple websites (WIX offers free personal websites). When the kid sends a letter to a college coach he/she also includes a link to the website that has photos and films.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of stuff, inside and outside.
Then an evening meal out for Mexican with a good friend.
:smile:

Sheesh, I beat y'all at trivia scoring today.
3rd place. I'm always in 3rd place.
Lol

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Not much today. Going to the gym and then I'll think of something.

Tomorrow I have cataract surgery on my second eye. The first one went well and healing good. I passed my driving test last year without glasses but this will improve my eyes, so it's all good.

Do y'all know that 10% of Asians have cataracts?
The rest have Nissans and Toyotas. LOL

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much. The in laws were here last night and left around 8am to head for the hospital.

The kids are working on school work. I went out and fired up the tractor to do a bit of mowing. I also filled the tires in the golf cart. This afternoon I may or may not head down to the garage to install a canoe/kayak rack on the f150.

It's a gorgeous day. 20 celcius with a light breeze. The sun is shining. Good day for outside work.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Having one of the worst MONDAY's ever!

A few weeks ago the crew damaged the top half of the sealing dies on our prime machine. We sent it off for repair and installed the spare set. Never aligned them or tuned them in for two weeks. Today I went to do that and found to my dismay, they have fouled them as well. But the newly repaired dies were en-route via UPS. So I took them off in preparation.

Only no one could find the matching lower dies.

Meanwhile, the truck arrived with product to run. Order is hot.

My son, who should have had this done two weeks ago, is again in Connecticut.

POP is Pissed!!!:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lenny you crack me up!

Got the apartment clean, couldn't find any potted plants in town to suit me.
I'll look out of town tomorrow.
After dinner I'm going to kick back tonight with some Yuengling.
I'm entitled. :D

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Having one of the worst MONDAY's ever!

A few weeks ago the crew damaged the top half of the sealing dies on our prime machine. We sent it off for repair and installed the spare set. Never aligned them or tuned them in for two weeks. Today I went to do that and found to my dismay, they have fouled them as well. But the newly repaired dies were en-route via UPS. So I took them off in preparation.

Only no one could find the matching lower dies.

Meanwhile, the truck arrived with product to run. Order is hot.

My son, who should have had this done two weeks ago, is again in Connecticut.

POP is Pissed!!!:hammer:

I plan for my son to take over the business in a few years also. Sometimes its a real challenge.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, finished the 2 I was was working on, one is about 50' long and 3'-5' wide in spots. It was the hardest one because 1- its big and 2- the retaining wall leaches dirt when it rains and over the coarse of 8-10 years it fills the rocks up with dirt then turns into a weed factory every time it rains. Im 62 now so I will get to do it again when im 70 :clap: got a couple to go.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 59

Bannedjoe

Hi all, finished the 2 I was was working on, one is about 50' long and 3'-5' wide in spots. It was the hardest one because 1- its big and 2- the retaining wall leaches dirt when it rains and over the coarse of 8-10 years it fills the rocks up with dirt then turns into a weed factory every time it rains. Im 62 now so I will get to do it again when im 70 :clap: got a couple to go.

It looks like a lot of work.
You're going to trim the plastic, right?

I have a similar job to do.
I did the same sort of detail around the house as a french drain.
It still works, but has collected dirt over the years.

Part of the new addition will need to use it, so it's time for a redo.
I need me a hard working homeless person for a year or two.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went for dinner at Azul Tequila.
Superman came up to join us.
Great food, dined outside.
Check out Jose' the donkey. Lol

20200615_191925_copy_768x768.jpg

20200615_191921_copy_768x768.jpg

20200615_191917_copy_768x768.jpg

20200615_184709_copy_768x768.jpg

20200615_184713_copy_768x768.jpg

20200615_184426_copy_768x768.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I went to one of the two bars here in town because I was bored. A local comes in and says to the bartender, "I'd like a whiskey and Seven Up to go." She makes it for him, he pays for it, walks out, gets into his pickup and away he went. Welcome to Avoca.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I plan for my son to take over the business in a few years also. Sometimes its a real challenge.

I found the missing die about 3:00 PM. My son had put it in the security?
electronic monitoring room. Don't ask how I figured it to be there.

When the crew damaged the sealing die they managed to knock the shafts out o phase with each other. Barely noticeable to the untrained eye. But 20 years of field servicing of Doboy Overwrapping lines, I knew how to tell. Experience is a great teacher. But she gives you the test before teaching you the lesson.

It explains why my son and his motley crew of mechanics couldn't get the spare dies to work.

By 5:00 PM I had the machine up, sealing and cutting. 7:00 AM tomorrow, we will hopefully be running. This order is from our main customer and it is hot!

This was the worst Monday I have experienced in a very long time. I'll have a celebratory drink if Tuesday works out well.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Awesome work my friend. Very well done

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today?
As little as possible.
That son o' mine can talk for hours.
Wonder who he gets that from?
He's been having a lot of emotional issues, health issues, relationship issues.
He told me before he left last night that I am probably the best Mother in the world.
I've always tried to live up to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.