• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
First lawn mowing of the season! Felt great to be mowing instead of blowing snow. Check back with me in August and see if I still feel this way. :yum:

Then, my neighbor's kid asked me for a ride to work. Said he wrecked his car last night. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Good kid, but he needs to get his shit together. At his age I was in the middle of a 4 year Navy hitch. I just can't figure out these kids today. My wife says I should not be comparing him to me. Yes, that would be a good thing for him not to be compared to me. I agree. :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Furniture shopping. Two living room sectionals. A nice wood bedroom set. And a bunch of accents. End tables. A split king adjustable bed. Entertainment unit. Basically the works for the upstairs at the new house.

Canadian eh!!!

Good for you guys. Shit you been through, you deserve it, dude. :thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. It's been a rough 4 years. Even today with the snow, I was reduced to using the walker to get around. Some days I can get lots done and walk around mostly without support. Heck, yesterday it was nice so I was up on the roof of the camper working on it. Today, I'm barely walking. The actual move into the new house is tentatively scheduled for may 25th. With all the furniture we picked out being delivered hopefully a few days beforehand. The move is looking easier all the time as a lot of our furniture is staying in this house for the time being so we can stage it for listing.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. It's been a rough 4 years. Even today with the snow, I was reduced to using the walker to get around. Some days I can get lots done and walk around mostly without support. Heck, yesterday it was nice so I was up on the roof of the camper working on it. Today, I'm barely walking. The actual move into the new house is tentatively scheduled for may 25th. With all the furniture we picked out being delivered hopefully a few days beforehand. The move is looking easier all the time as a lot of our furniture is staying in this house for the time being so we can stage it for listing.

Canadian eh!!!

That's great you can work it out like that. That way, no need to bust your balls and be able to work on it on the good days and not sweat the bad, so much.

Just make sure you get one of those great big oversized overstuffed recliners for those snow days. :thumbup: Some days in the winter you couldn't pry my ass out of mine with a crowbar. :yum:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
great big oversized overstuffed recliners for those snow days

With a table beside it so you have a place to set your hot chocolate and the tv remote :bolt:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Actually I'm spoiling myself with a fancy new lift recliner with both heat and massage for the main living room. And I have a heated blanket. My chair is going in the family room along with a hide a bed sectional

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Felt blah pretty much since late this afternoon.
My cousin Brad texted me and told me my last surviving Aunt ( my Mother's sister) has been having fainting spells, so they're implanting a monitor.
Another thing to have to worry about.
I've got Jewish grandmothers beat in that department.
Worry worry worry.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If the weather holds today, I will be planting corn...

Supposed to rain later today, and this evening. I am almost half done..

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's see. After the kids left for school and my meds kicked in, I tackled the bathroom and removed the toilet to change the seal as it started leaking the other day. After which we went out looking at a couple furniture stores for a new lift recliner for me. Then we took a drive out to the new house to set up a post office box as there's no home delivery service there. They have a small store there that is a one stop shop. They have basic groceries. Beer. Liquor. And the post office. All just down the road from our place. Next, we came back to town and went shopping for new bedding as we're upgrading from a queen to a split king adjustable bed.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My Aunt Marilyn came through the procedure with flying colours.
I spoke with both my cousins Brad and Steve last night.
Piece of cake, they said for her.
She's a very young 74 years old and has always been active playing tennis, and even used to ski in Colorado back when Uncle Hal was still alive.
So that's good news.
Aside from that, everything's cool here.
Gotta work tonight and hopefully Melvin will keep me entertained "directing traffic" all night.
:smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been trying (and failing) not to fall asleep at work today. last night 4.5" of rain in a few hours. Greenhouse kept flooding over into the garden apartment.

Sump pump failed. So we had to use an emergency pump. It did not have an automatic on/off so we had to monitor the water level and turn it on/off. I went to bed at 3:00 AM but could not sleep.

More coming tonight. I haven't yet found a replacement pump.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Have fun with that Franc.
It finally stopped raining here.
The river flood warning, I believe has been extended, no surprise there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another fun filled day of craziness up here. Gym. Physio. Picked up a nice oak desk for the new house. Stopped by the lawyers to pick up a fairly hefty cheque (the first of 3 apparently) I'll find out how soon I can pick up my new boat in the morning.

Things are about to get even more crazy. We take possession of the house on the 15th. Then move on the 25th. Prior to that, we need to have all the new furniture delivered to the new house, get a wall built, clean a bit in there, move the boxes we have packed so far and unpack them so we can reuse the boxes here for more crap we don't need. I hate moving. Hopefully this will be the last time until we are old and decide we want to downsize.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Supposed to be taking the motorcycles into the dealership for service and to have them add some auxiliary lights to the bikes.

Weather is being less than cooperative as we have moderately heavy rain with a bit of thunder. So I'm waiting for a nice lull in the rain. Dealership doesn't open until 10am. Weather maps and forecasts are saying there should be a break in the weather about NOON so I'll get to the dealership, but I'll be late.

Melen surprised us and came home last night. She is staying until tomorrow then will return to school. Her finals are over for this year. She has a paper that needs to be turned in tomorrow. She will turn in her paper and then go to the airport to pick up a friend of hers who is coming into town for the weekend.

We are planning to go to visit her on Sunday and spend the night there. The lovely Mrs_Bob & Melen will then leave early Monday morning to head south to Tennessee to pick up a puppy. I will return home on Monday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool. What kind of puppy?

We hit the bank first thing this morning again then went our separate ways for a few hours. I did the rounds checking out all the boat dealers as I can seriously start shopping. I had a nice looking used 19ft princecraft picked out but it's 8 hours away and I couldn't get away for 2 days to go see it. And it was a 2000 model. Upon further consideration, I decided that I wanted something newer. So that turned into a brand new boat. I'm dealing with 3 different dealers on comparable boats right now. Anyways, afterwards I met back up with she who must be obeyed and we went to order me a new lift chair with heat and massage. Those things aren't cheap.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Melen is getting a Corgi

His name is MERLIN

This is him in the photo below.

I managed to get the lovely Mrs_Bob's motorcycle into the shop. The rain went from fairly heavy to NOTHING about 11am this morning. Got it to the shop before noon. Service guy was not happy I was late but I wasn't riding through a storm. F' him. He was in a crabby mood, he was working alone and the shop was full of bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 70

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Merlin is precious.
He's a Cardigan, right?

Just got back from dinner at Frisch's Big Boy.
They've got the Swiss Miss burger back on the menu.
I felt it my civic duty to stop and nosh with the fine folks of Napoli!
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for pain meds to kick in then hitting the gym. Maybe coffee with the crew from gym then over to have a second look at a boat. It's a good solid boat but very deep for an aluminum hull fishing boat which means very stable and should handle any kind of waves I'd venture out into.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been out and about running here and there since it's pay day.
All the monthly stuff is taken care of.
The weather is cooler today, gray and crummy.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yet another mid 40's gloomy rainy day. Wanted to change the oil in my truck, but not laying on the wet ground to do that.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Waiting for pain meds to kick in then hitting the gym. Maybe coffee with the crew from gym then over to have a second look at a boat. It's a good solid boat but very deep for an aluminum hull fishing boat which means very stable and should handle any kind of waves I'd venture out into.

Canadian eh!!!

Just stay inside that bay. Don't want to end up like the Edmund Fitzgerald. Superior never gives up her dead as the song goes. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The day started out ok. We had our daughters baptism at church followed by a family luncheon. Afterwards, we headed home and I got ready to go to camp with a friend to do some work. We got about 20 miles from town when my wife called telling me that she was in an accident while driving our oldest son to a scouting fundraiser. They are alright but the Yukon is hurting. She was driving through an intersection when the light turned yellow. An oncoming vehicle waiting to turn started turning in front of her. She swerved to avoid it but he hit her in the front driver's side bumper. The whole front end is pushed over two inches. His vehicle is totalled as well. The air bags went off in ours. My wife's wrist back and knee are sore so I dragged her to the hospital to get checked out as a precaution. I suspect it's just bruising.

cf9a98657e72f963960f7e9aeb7fdf17.jpg
3c597bd568cf6cf84a5bdd6996393c6f.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Golfing this afternoon and headed to the Columbus Blue Jackets playoff game tonight. 2nd row behind the home goal. Awesome seats. Should be a blast.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been busy with the kids and everything else under the sun.
Oh, and hoping I'm not once again going to Facebook jail.
If so, so be it.
I'll take another one for the team.
:yum:
MAGA MAGA MAGA!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Running around all day looking at options to replace the Yukon. So much going on. One thing after another for the past month. Getting burned out.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Customer called. They product the delivered last Thursday was wanted in Cassville MO this morning. We just got started on the 10 day run and we had some of it. So I drove it down.

Came back to machines down because nobody here today knows how to fix 'em but me.

"Let's start our own business ,,yeah, it'll be fun!":hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Running around all day looking at options to replace the Yukon. So much going on. One thing after another for the past month. Getting burned out.

Canadian eh!!!

I should say so!

Well I'm safe as far as Facebook goes.
They removed 4 of my political posts.
Kills me because I find the stuff on THERE and share it.
Dopes.
Lol
Another busy day winding down.

Status
Not open for further replies.