• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Geez, being a city dweller is going to take some getting used to.
I love the fact that the Catholic church is out the back door and down the street, that the shops are all within walking, that it's a lot more convenient in so many ways.
However.... noisy neighbours.
This morning some guy slammed his apartment door when leaving for work, then apparently threw some trash away in the dumpster outside. Slam, slam slam!
I got up in a fog to make coffee and told Aimee about it.
She said oh, that's George. Lol

I've got a dental appointment today, then going to keep myself busy finding things to do so I don't go mad.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I understand. Coming from a town of 2500 people to a city of 115000 was a big adjustment. You're right though about having everything within a few blocks. Actually in the area of the city I live in, we have everything within a few blocks. Just down the street we have at least 7 different pizza places, our pharmacy and post office, walmart, 3 grocery stores, 10 fast food joints, a few sit down restaurants. All within 4-5 blocks. We also have our kids school just down the street and the boys and girls club they attend is just down the block. We have 7 kids and only 1 is bused. And I can drive 15 minutes and be in the woods. There's lots of parks and walking trails.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There are a lot of parks here too.
I like the veteran's park that sits on the bank of the Maumee river.
The river is also a lot more scenic.
To get to Wal-Mart, the others stores and restaurant row is about 10 minutes away.

The one nursing facility where I applied is across two streets to the west.
I'm praying I get a job there, but they are all nearby.
I like it here even though this apartment is small, but Aimee works so much that I only see her in the morning and at early evening/ night.
She likes knowing it's not empty while she's away.
Soon after I start working again, I'll get my own place because I need that.
There is an ideal apartment complex, a few actually that I've been keeping my eyes on for availability.
Sooner or later it's all going to come together.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy P.G.,
sounds like things are getting better for you. Sounds good!!!! You hang in there, the best is yet to come!! Have a goodun!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy P.G.,
sounds like things are getting better for you. Sounds good!!!! You hang in there, the best is yet to come!! Have a goodun!!!

They sure are Ross.
Thank you dear and trust me, I am.

I got my toofers cleaned, relaxed until Senora got home and made us dinner.
She likes my cooking.
I made sausage patties and omelets.
When she saw me dump maple syrup on mine she thought I was nuts.
Then she tried it and loved it.
I cleaned the apartment again because I was bored and listened to Led Zeppelin on low while mopping the floors lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a small taste of my usual routine in the winter. We came in from camp Saturday night to attend church Sunday morning and a picnic after. My band played the picnic. It went well but I've been paying for it ever since. Sore. My back is a mess. Oh well. It's worth it. We haven't played together since may.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Why do I torture myself? I'm hurting but decided to go outside and give the scooter lift a grease job and check the wheel bearings before our trip friday. Got that done then looked at the atv I brought into town for a servicing. I discovered that the axle I installed last fall was not the right one as the outer shaft was an inch too long so I hauled out the tools and tore that apart. Good thing I kept the old axle and had it sitting in the garage. Now it's going for a rebuild and I'll reuse it. All before 10:30am.

Oh, I also made the kids waffles. Not bad considering I am having a hard time standing with my back. It's actually better when I'm moving around.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I walked to Circle K and got myself a fountain drink on crushed ice.
Inquired about an appointment at a hair salon, looked inside an antique shop window, then came back.
I've made plans to go to the big hot air balloon festival on Saturday. That's going to be fun.:smile:

Oh, and I'm ordering myself pizza for dinner.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I walked to Circle K and got myself a fountain drink on crushed ice.
Inquired about an appointment at a hair salon, looked inside an antique shop window, then came back.
I've made plans to go to the big hot air balloon festival on Saturday. That's going to be fun.:smile:

Oh, and I'm ordering myself pizza for dinner.

Oh, the life of a young single gal in the city. Wow!:eatdrink:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, Hot air balloon fests are fun! The one around here started at 5am! Get bacon on that pizza!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, Hot air balloon fests are fun! The one around here started at 5am! Get bacon on that pizza!

This is going to be at an airport.
25 or so balloons, all kinds of other things going on too.

Bacon.. but of course!
And pineapple, ham and chicken lol

20180731_154732-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in Holgate, Ohio right now with Aimee having dinner at her Mama Sophia and step-dad Homer's.
Good Lord nice people.
Jeff had last minute change of plans.
Mmm dinner.

20180801_174103-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm chillin right now.
Later I'll do some banking, make a trip to Defiance to see my babies, then let the day carry me where it will.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Oil and filter change on the "land cruiser" minivan. Replaced a headlight bulb. Ready for Cathy's trip to Tulsa next week. The grandkids have not seen their mother in several years. So she is taking them there for several days to visit.

Re-making some wood work for the boat galley. Former owner did some rough lumber pieces that need sanding, stain and finish. The wood is oak which if I stain with Red Chestnut exactly matches the teak aboard.

Need to also find a 20-30 gallon water tank for transport of city water. The marina water smells like rotten eggs. Sulfur tainted well. Whew what a smell. We won't be filling from the public dock again.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I got to see my girls, albeit briefly.
Lots of kisses and cuddles and then me crying when I left in tears.

No more anger from me on that front.
I've accepted it for what it is.
:neutral:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I got to see my girls, albeit briefly.
Lots of kisses and cuddles and then me crying when I left in tears.

No more anger from me on that front.
I've accepted it for what it is.
:neutral:
Be strong.

We're off in a couple hours to Duluth Minnesota for two nights with no kids. It's a 4 hour drive but with my back the way it is, we plan on leaving at 8am to get there by 1. We gain an hour as soon as we cross the border. So that gives us enough time for stopping to stretch every hour. The scooter lift is serviced. The scooter loaded. All set to go.

With things the way they are, the most I can do in a vehicle is an hour so we don't travel much these days.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Doing a tooling change on one of our packaging lines today. A four hour job that ends with at least one bruised knuckle and some burned finger tips.:hammer:

But at the end of the day, I load up the car and go sailing:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm feeling pretty content today.
Going to get out and about to shop in a little bit.
The face of a very content pirate type lady.
Arrrhh!

:yum:

20180803_115025-573x1014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.