• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

J5 track rebuild

IMP

Site Supporter
Does anyone have the factory track diagram with the length and hole Punch dimensions for a J5 bombardier? I am gearing up now for the job. Also looking for a source for the correct low stretch/cold weather belting without going to Fallline. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

SIMONALLEN

I can help you with this issue I sell a 5.5" X 6 ply goodyear belting.

Simon Allen
Inside Sales
PowerTraxx Vehicles Inc.
Tel: (705) 866-4426 Ext: 242
Toll Free: 888-797-8799
Fax: (705) 866-4433
www.powertraxx.com

IMP

Site Supporter
Hello, great. 1. Are the edges molded. 2. What is the low temp rating down to in Deg. F. 3. Can I buy an '80 roll 5.5" wide. 4. What is the stretch factor over the life of the belt. 6. Can I get it in 5 ply. 7. What is the over all thickness. 8. What would be the cost for an 80' roll 5.5" wide shipped to Fairbanks Alaska?

IMP

Site Supporter
Here is what i found when researching for my J5 track belting purchase. This belting is not that uncommon or hard to get. The problem is to find a supplier that has some in stock that he can cut to your spec. Tracked vehicle part suppliers have belting but charge more than conveyor belting suppliers. The belting specs. I asked for are temp rating -40 deg F, stretch percent .08%, smallest work radius, number of plys 4, cover thickness 1/16 X 1/4" and overall thickness less or equal too 5/8" thick. I ended up buying from a local business in Fairbanks who found a supplier in Washington that had Goodyear "Plylon Plus" 4 ply 500 in stock. I was able to purchase 80' X 5.5" through them for about $900 delivered to Fairbanks which is allot less than other quotes i got. But I have no experience yet with this product so i dont know how good it is. Burt the sales guy assured me it is the right material and has sold it for this application many times for years. See the attached belting spec sheet for his contact and specs and Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Track belting specs.pdf
    855.7 KB · Views: 172