• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What would America be like today if Ross Perot had become President?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I voted for that man. What do you all think? what would it be like if he had won?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcEMDks9_Vw"]YouTube - 1992 Ross Perot Campaign Ads (around October 1992)[/ame]

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
His number one concern was the national debt.
Instead of 13 trillion in the hole today.. maybe it would be less? I don't know. Just threw it out there to maybe learn.. and hear some opinions.:smile:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERlGndQ_xtM"]YouTube - The FIRST political infomercial-[/ame]

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I voted for him too.

To flippantly call him "nuts" is not fair, mak2. He was/is a very successful business man. This is exactly what our country needs to save us from the real insanity portrayed by the career politicians (on both sides) that are running this country into ruin with debt and tax.

mak2

I voted for him too.

To flippantly call him "nuts" is not fair, mak2. He was/is a very successful business man. This is exactly what our country needs to save us from the real insanity portrayed by the career politicians (on both sides) that are running this country into ruin with debt and tax.

I did not think he would be offended. But didnt he drop out because of his children's privacy? A normal rich guy running for president would have probably thought it might have some effect of his family's privacy.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I voted for him then and would vote for him this year. sure beats anybody else we have to choose from on either side.:clap:

Kane

Welcome back, mak2. Already with the name-calling?

If Perot had been made prez, I doubt if we'd have heard the loud sucking sound from Mexico. Or China. Perot would have seen the folly in so many of the trade agreements, the "union problem" and kept our jobs at home. It might actually be a much better landscape for manufacturing jobs and the entire middle class if he had been prez.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have to go with MAK on this one "Nuts" describes him in one word.
Perot favors abortion, guncontrol and Massive redistribution from wealthy to poor. (Nov 1992.) he also wanted to add a 50 cent a gloon tas to gas. He als(o wanted a European style VAT (value added tax.) he wanted to militarize the war on druds and make it into a real war. NUTS yep.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome back, mak2. Already with the name-calling?

If Perot had been made prez, I doubt if we'd have heard the loud sucking sound from Mexico. Or China. Perot would have seen the folly in so many of the trade agreements, the "union problem" and kept our jobs at home. It might actually be a much better landscape for manufacturing jobs and the entire middle class if he had been prez.
Did you check the dates on this thread, not to mention the fact that Mak has been banned?:hammer:
Fer cryin' out loud..:yum:

Kane

Did you check the dates on this thread, not to mention the fact that Mak has been banned?:hammer:
Fer cryin' out loud..:yum:

Shoot. Silly me. I know mak2 had been banned, but had hoped he had been let back into the asylum.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to the subject I can think of three things that would be dramaticaly different.

One) the Worldtrade center wouldstillbestanding because thebombiong of it in 1994 wouldhaveresulted is aseriousreciprocal response.

Two) the National debt would be far lower because he would have likely mimicked the path taken with Speaker Newt as Clinton did. And possibly had a Balanced Budget Amendment added to the Constitution

Three) We would never have heard of Jennifer Flowers, Monica Lewinsky, Kate McDougal or Paula Jones.