Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > Snowcat Repairs, Parts & Problems Forum

Snowcat Repairs, Parts & Problems Forum Snowcat Repairs, Parts Inquiries, Sources, Problems & Advice

Old 02-13-2016, 03:56 PM

warlock is on a distinguished road
Default skidozer 200 track rebuild

making new tracks for a 1972 200 skidozer. One track was apart and the other was in very poor shape . My question is what is the spacing for the grousers. Near as I can tell the grousers should be 3 7/8" on center.
Thanks for any info
Old 02-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Tracked Evolution Central

Thanked 1,277 Times in 544 Posts
MNoutdoors is on a distinguished road
Default Re: skidozer 200 track rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock View Post
making new tracks for a 1972 200 skidozer. One track was apart and the other was in very poor shape . My question is what is the spacing for the grousers. Near as I can tell the grousers should be 3 7/8" on center.
Thanks for any info
That is correct 3-7/8"
KickerM (03-02-2016), warlock (02-14-2016)
Old 08-07-2019, 08:23 PM

Jphoenix is on a distinguished road

I bought this SV200 from Warlock and he never finished the tracks because he started punching holes on one side (one pair of belts) at 3.75, then relaized his mistake when the holes eventually ran out and no longer lined up with the old track.

That's when he posted the question. He then drilled the other side (driver side belts) at 3 7/8" spacing and they line up fine. He was up front about it when I bought it, so no big deal except I need some new belts, I measure them to be 12" wide and about 21' 6" long - at least that's what the old one is and the two properly drilled belts - the two wrong belts are different lengths and shorter, so I would appreciate some confirmation on how long a new belt should be as I suspect the old belt is either stretched or shrunk?

I found a note in the paperwork showing the length and width - same as I measured, but no receipt for where he bought them, belts are embossed with the trade name Hercules and measure about 3/8th's thick, looks like two, maybe four ply.

I would like to buy only one side (one pair of belt material, but I would like to know if the belt material he bought is suitable for the SV200?

First photo is new belt thickness, second is the good side drilled and holes lined up, third is mislocated holes - not lined up :-(

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Images

“For a little more, you can do it yourself”... Ed Hollingsworth
Old 08-07-2019, 08:32 PM
Tracked Evolution Central

Thanked 1,277 Times in 544 Posts
MNoutdoors is on a distinguished road

That is 2ply belt, it’s Ok for the SV200. but I would have gone 3ply we can supply Belting raw or with holes punched.

Contact us @ minn100outdoors@gmail.com
Old 08-07-2019, 08:54 PM

Jphoenix is on a distinguished road

Thanks Brad, message sent.

“For a little more, you can do it yourself”... Ed Hollingsworth