• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier SKIDOZER 252 Manuals Ready

paulhenry

I have the Bombardier Operator's / Maintenance Manual for the SKIDOZER 252 G and the C6 maintenence and repair manual digitized into pdf files.

They are to big to upload - what shall I do?

I can send via e-mail to any who need.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Paul there are several options. One is to try to upload them into the PHOTO GALLERY. The file size limit there is much larger (10x). Still it might require breaking the file into a couple pieces.

You could also email the file to me and I can include it on the DVD-R disk that contains the other manuals. Check your "Private Messages" for a message from me.

snowkatjoe

Paul, Bob
that's great, if the info pertains to some of the general B200 maintenence and repair information for mine I'd be up for a copy but if it dosen't then "don't count me in" so as not to overload systems, yours and the forums; thanks, I've been working out the bugs on my cat, general motor problems (F 300 6 4-speed Manual and 1 of 12 Hydro rear ends a contract machine for BPA 1982) limits me to short trips until shake down cruses and confadance builds for something like a cross mountain trip. Let me know and thanks again...
Joe

docmaple

I have a Skidozer 252 1980 and would really love to have the manual. Is it emailable? Thanks Docmaple Happily enjoying the lake effect snow in NE Ohio. PS my email is docmaple@msn.com

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
hey, does anyone know how to remove the sprocket in order to change the seal?

on the SV252 you do not need to remove the sprocket to change the seal,but you do need to pull the track off. first remove the axle cap in the center of the sprocket hub, then pull your axle( it is a floating axle) then
you must remove the outside seal to get at the seal shoulder nut it will have a tab that locks holds it from coming loose. then there will be another lock nut behind that that tightens the hubs bearing there is a tab holding it in place also but you will have to remove the locking tab washer that is in front of it. then the nut, now you can pull the sprocket and hub off the spindle replace you rear seal and then reassemble (most of time time the reason for the seal failure is most owners do not know that there is a grease Zerk on the hub to grease it. it is really kind of hard to get at once the track is on. but what we do it mark a tooth on the sprocket so the when the Zerk is to the inside you can get to it from underneath. if it does not greased the seal will go out and the bearings eventually it should be greased every 50 hours as should the wheels bearing at the same time.

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you happen to know what gear lube goes in the differential? Not sure if its regular gear oil or mineral oil?

For years bombardier recommended ATF fluid in the differential and we sold a lot of ring and pinions. now we use Tractor Trans-hydraulic fluid and we only sell ring and pinions to the people that are still using ATF. so use Tractor Trans-hydraulic 15W in the cold and 30W in the summer

Elliot

Hi Guys, realize this is an old thread but I am trying to track down a Bombardier Skidozer 252 user guide/operator manual. I have found one online however it seems to be missing every second page. If anyone has one they could email it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. email elliotross@hotmail.com

jmm14

I have the Bombardier Operator's / Maintenance Manual for the SKIDOZER 252 G and the C6 maintenence and repair manual digitized into pdf files.

They are to big to upload - what shall I do?

I can send via e-mail to any who need.

Paul that would be awesome. Been looking for it over a year. Anything you have on the 252. My e-mail address is jmm14@me.com. Thanks a lot Jean-Marc

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jmm14, that post is eight years old. It looks like Paul has not posted in a long while. Maybe try a email

Arling

I would appreciate the service 252 manual. I have a SV 250 and am not sure of all the differences but I am sure this would be helpful. Thanks for your time.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Arling, the original poster with the manuals has not logged in in about 8 years. I doubt he will see your post. Maybe someone that saved the manual will be able to share it with you.

Arling

Thanks OhioTC18. If anyone out there has a service manual for a SV 250, let me know. I have a parts manual for my SV 250.

Krisp3

Did anyone ever get a complete copy of this manual?? I downloaded it and only get the odd numbered pages, and even some of tho are missing.
I recently aquired a 1978 br252g with a valley engineering 6 way blade on the front and a steerable fold up drag on the back. It runs and moves, but the steering levers don't work and needs alot of going through, fluid changes and adjustments and will probably get a complete cosmetic overhaul this coming summer.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

Icehutman

No, the only copy I found was the the every other page one. The unit my brother has had steering issues as well. I removed the cover plate over the rear end to check the steering brake pads....just like on an older dozer and found them to look like new so I did the adjustment according to the few pages of the manual I have...20 ft. pounds torque each side and it made a real difference. I think the previous owner failed to do this when he changed the brake bands. After that you adjust by tightening the side that doesn’t turn one flat on the nut at a time. Other issue you may have is either a leaky steer cylinder, leaky line or bad transfer unit in the cab. It’s a real simpleton system. You should be able to figure the problem fairly quickly. DONOT EXPECT the unit to turn on a dime even in the snow!
Good luck!

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• DF70EDE7-20A6-4189-8153-97EDFF2DC3D9.png
    DF70EDE7-20A6-4189-8153-97EDFF2DC3D9.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 555

AMartin

Im looking for the manuel for a skidozer 252D, more specifically the hydraulic system, if someone could email it to me or a link or anything it would be great! our machine is down and this is for a snowmobile club and the pay for a trail pass and the trails are not groomed we need to get this running asap!! Thanks.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Im looking for the manuel for a skidozer 252D, more specifically the hydraulic system, if someone could email it to me or a link or anything it would be great! our machine is down and this is for a snowmobile club and the pay for a trail pass and the trails are not groomed we need to get this running asap!! Thanks.

What you are looking for is here
https://m.facebook.com/groups/513423092129226/?ref=group_header&view=group
Go to the 14th post as of 11:15 am Eastern 2/4/19
They want $90, 252 G, 252 D -includes hydraulic specs.
Sure it’s 90 bucks but then you have it forever
Not mine, just playing matchmaker

Last edited:

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn’t mean to be redundant by posting that again, just saw it was still on there.
I would hope the guy would sell the manual for less than $90, that is steep. They usually go for $40-50. The parts manuals are really handy, they show exploded views of almost the whole machine plus electrical and hydraulic schematics along with part numbers that make ordering a lot easier. It doesn’t sound like anyone has the full manual available, just think of all the people you could help with that on your shelf��