• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

help in identifying a vehicle

tony07

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5900046/

been offered this for a bit of fun, but cant find any info on it. hope you guys can help!!

p4pb5900046.jpg
[/IMG]

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've not seen anything like that here in the US. In what nation was that photo taken? US? Canada? UK? Somewhere in northern Europe? If we know that we might be able to narrow it down a bit by manufacturer.

It appears that it is a rear sprocket drive.

Do you have other photos, perhaps of the engine, cabin interior, transaxle, some of those things may have visual cues that we can use to help identify this unit.

tony07

taken in uk however it has cfa, country fire authority stickers on it, an Australlian fire service by the looks. Has a audi 2.5 turbo diesel engine but thats all i ahve for the mean time!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing its a utility vehicle for backcountry use, but not a snow vehicle. Rather something to access remote work sites through bogs, sand, fields and, from the looks of the tracks modest snow. The tracks don't have any lateral stability flanges to prevent sliding sideways so it doesn't appear to be equipped to operate on steep but soft ground (snow).

Looks like it could be fun to play with.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
there was a thread a while back about snow cats in sweeden i remember some thing like that with the audi diesel in it the rig looks like a trail grooming vehicle or tractor type vehicle for towing trailers or sleads