• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

HEADLINES: US becoming More Partisan

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Political Polarization and Growing Partisan Antipathy | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
The Polarization Of America - Business Insider

How Growing Partisanship Is Splitting the U.S. in Two

856551367.gif

Notice the graphic and how it moves.

The median DEMOCRATS never move to the right. They never move to compromise.

The median REPUBLICANS, on the other hand, move to the left, then back to the right. And when they return to their earlier positions they are called extremists.

But nobody calls that fairly dramatic leftward slide by the DEMOCRATS extreme :whistling:

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
It's when the tow lines slam together catching my tenders in the middle that I am afraid of. They are both co-operating with each other under the covers and for them it's all about getting over on the people.

I am tired and grouchy, not at anyone here. I do, however, hate politicians of both colors (red and Blue, so I don't get called a racist)

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that the survey reports it as it is.

What I think that we've lost is our identity of being Americans ... first.

Republicans and Democrats have always had different ideas of what was best for the country with the emphasis on "best for the country". Lately what we seem to have is our politicians being more concerned with what is best for them and their supporters and if you're not one of their supporters then screw you.

Sadly, I can't see this changing anytime soon.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Lately what we seem to have is our politicians being more concerned with what is best for them and their supporters and if you're not one of their supporters then screw you.

Agreed - It just struck me as I read your post. It sounds somewhat like "Death to non believers.