• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

44 years ago ....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I made the best move of my life. I married this fine woman. I can't imagine any other woman staying by my side, being so supportive even in the worst of times. Simpy put, she is totally AWESOME.

Happy Anniversary Darlin. Love Love Love YOU!!!!!!

Attachments

• Gail9_2016AnniversaryDinner.jpg
    Gail9_2016AnniversaryDinner.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 131

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Everybody we meet always say the amazing thing about me is how in hell I ever landed the wife of 44 years that I have.

I can see, the same logic applies to you as well. :yum::thumbup:

Congratulations to the both of you. In a world where many do not make it 44 days, you guys are showing those quitters how to do it. :thumbup::clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
"Is it love yet?"

Every time I hear of a longstanding marriage, I am reminded of Cathy and I when first married. My boss and his wife of 12, then13, 14, 15, 16 years,,, would ask us at every anniversary if we thought it "was love yet."

We would laugh and emphatically say "YES!" and they would both give us a smirking smile. "wait until it 12 years and so on.

For the record, he was a cheating asshat. She was the patient forgiving wife. They lasted 17 years.

We are coming up on 50 this May 10th.

"Is it Love Yet?"

I have a new answer I'll bet applies to you and yours....; Always has been love. It takes every day, not every year.

Congrats on your happiness together.

Last edited:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats to you both, doc!! What's funny is some young folks occasionally ask how we've stayed together for 52 years. We just say you have to hang together to get over the rough spots and steep grades.
Mike