• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

$ 1,000 Checks for everyone WTF????

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Am I to understand some of the pork like $35m to the Kennedy center is still in the bill? Since we owe the IRS and if we get a stimulus check I wish I could just endorse it and send it back as a mild form of protest. With our SS and my pension we really don't need the stimulus. We're not independently wealthy, just independent. I'm sure there's a lot who squeak by on a small SS check each month and I wish the gov't could give the $$ to these individuals and not to people in our circumstance. I especially want it to go to the laid off workers and small businesses. IMO big business should have a qualifier to determine just how much they should get. My basic fear is too much of this will go to the undeserving.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Canada's bailout makes much or sense than ours.

2k for 4 months in Canada for those who lose income as a result of the pandemic due to job loss, illness, quarantine, caring for others (including children) and work disruption. So it’s not sent to everyone.

Attachments

• toons120.jpg
    toons120.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 37

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally an honest answer all it is and I have no issue whatsoever with that. IMHO this bale out isn't focused as much at saving jobs, businesses either for that matter. It about saving various lean holders and banks from being annihilated should or when they go under. Through creative financing many businesses and individuals for that matter have borrowed far more capitol against assets than the asset would fetch if put to fair market.

The reality of it is this it isn't about saving any said company, this is a dog and pony show. It's about bailing out the banks again who are holding the worthless notes against them.

I given you nothing BUT honest answers. All based on this very principal of our original founding.

Blue collars seldom attend the opera. A stimulus bill that sends money to the Kennedy Foundation is covering the issues important to the elites. This bill is no better than the one which promised to fund shovel ready projects like producing obsolete panels and thousands of signs which in essence read "Funding for this project from the Obama stimulus ."

I cannot have objected to that one and support this one. You want honest? That's honesty, cold and true.

An omnibus bill purporting to send money to the voters. Designed not to whore for votes as much as to get us used to the idea that the government provides all. That's just not America.

Enjoy your current freedom. It won't last.