• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Meanwhile, in Columbus...

20200418_181442.jpg

20200418_181458.jpg

20200418_181511.jpg

20200418_181524.jpg

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Lost a good friend today to Covid 19.
He died alone in a hospital, they wouldn't even let us in one at a time to see him.

I am heartbroken.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say to console you except I'll pray for you all tonight.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I too for some time have been wondering if some smoke and mirrors are in play by the gov't and the MSM.
Mike

That has been bothering me for about a week now.

My first OH, OH occurred when I started reading about all the resistance from the left over HCQ. It left me scratching my head. I am NO doctor. I am NO health care professional and nor do I pretend to be one, even on the internet. LOL, but I do consider myself a seasoned veteran of life in general and possessing a good degree of common sense.

Common sense alone would dictate that a drug that is readily available, cheap and been around the world for over 50 years that shows promise in controlling a disease that has shut our country down to its knees and killed thousand of folks in a horrible way should be used without delay. Everyone should be jumping for joy over the prospect.

Nope. That was not the case, now was it? Just the opposite as a matter of fact.

To sum it up, read my sig line again. It is the truth I am sad and sorry to say.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So this plannedemic has sent most of the nation on permanent staycation.
Was this the plan all along?
Ted Cruz believes the government knew about the virus fiasco from Wuhan up until now.
Now the people are demanding to be set free.
Interesting interview with him on the Ben Shapiro show.
Wish I could find it to link.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oops, sorry about that.
It was the Michael Knowles show, not Shapiro.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WeD0qhR5XOY[/ame]

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
State dept memos huh. Wonder how far up the ladder that knowledge went?? I'll just refer back to my previous statement in another thread about smoke and mirrors!!
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
So this plannedemic has sent most of the nation on permanent staycation.
Was this the plan all along?
Ted Cruz believes the government knew about the virus fiasco from Wuhan up until now.
Now the people are demanding to be set free.
Interesting interview with him on the Ben Shapiro show.
Wish I could find it to link.

I'm reading there is a HIV sequence in the genome. Someone please explain to me how that got there if the damn thing was not created in a lab.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Frank, strange things can happen when you sleep hanging upside down!! Maybe it's akin to having sex standing up in a hammock.
Mike

Bannedjoe

Did he, didn't he?
I don't know, but I'm certain in my own beliefs that this mysterious black man was the worst thing ever to happen to the USA.

Bannedjoe

Here's a nightmarish thought that my brain churned up somewhere in the night:
What if this virus was indeed cultivated and planned for using as a biological weapon to wipe out a large part of the planet's population?

What if they weren't yet finished developing this virus, and someone in the lab who was against this whole plan decided to release the virus in its weaker version to allow the population to develop antibodies in order to fight the much stronger yet unreleased strain, and had actually done the world a favor?

Ok.
Back to bed.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
WHO came out this morning and stated the worst is yet to come, while the world opens back up for business??

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
WHO came out this morning and stated the worst is yet to come, while the world opens back up for business??

Screw WHO. I believe NOTHING that comes out of their pie holes. Globalist, communist lying bastards. I hope they go broke and blow away. Azzzhats.

Effective today, Outdoor construction, landscaping, road work is now open for business here in Vermont. :thumbup::clap: Garden Centers are opening and I will be getting my mulch and flowers next week or soon after if the damn weather breaks and warms up.

One problem. Right next to us in a COViD Hotspot in MA and NY. The Governor is telling them to stay the hell out. I've been telling them that for years now. :th_lmao:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Here's a nightmarish thought that my brain churned up somewhere in the night:
What if this virus was indeed cultivated and planned for using as a biological weapon to wipe out a large part of the planet's population?

What if they weren't yet finished developing this virus, and someone in the lab who was against this whole plan decided to release the virus in its weaker version to allow the population to develop antibodies in order to fight the much stronger yet unreleased strain, and had actually done the world a favor?

Ok.
Back to bed.

There is HIV in the genome. It affects men worse than women. I am NO virologist, I chased electrons for a living, but I do not recall these things coming up before and they would have been mentioned if they had.

As my Mom was fond of saying Something is rotten in Denmark. In this case, something is rotten in China.

My take.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Looking good for several areas, and looks like the curve was flattened.

So that is a good thing.

Of course it just spreads the disease out over a longer period of time, it does not reduce the actual number of people who get the disease.

This should provide some relief to the health care workers who have been working very hard, especially in the hot spot areas like New York/New Jersey. Because of all this social distancing it looks like the emergency/make-shift hospitals like the Javits Center and McCormick Place are going to be virtually unused. Again another good thing.

Now if we can slowly re-open the economy without getting a big 2nd wave, and without seeing to much more economic harm, that would be a great thing.

But we still are going to be dealing with "social distancing" until there is a vaccine. Life will not return to normal until that vaccine is widely distributed and proven to have worked. I'm curious to see what universities do in this fall as several are making contingency plans to do 'virtual' learning into January of 2021.

And people like me who are 'at risk' individuals, plus people over 65 years old, are probably going to remain in relative isolation until that vaccine shows up.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If I remember correctly from my American History courses in school, the second wave of the Spanish Flu was caused by the sudden large scale gatherings in celebration of the end of World War 1. People took to the streets en masse and celebrated for days.

So, if we can keep the youngsters back on the farm and off the beaches we should fare much better this time around.

We shall see.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
If I remember correctly from my American History courses in school, the second wave of the Spanish Flu was caused by the sudden large scale gatherings in celebration of the end of World War 1. People took to the streets en masse and celebrated for days.

So, if we can keep the youngsters back on the farm and off the beaches we should fare much better this time around.

We shall see.

the second wave killed more people than the war