• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
20200408_125510.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This isn't the first I've heard about the importance of the deep breathing and keeping the airway open.
Doctor at Queens Hospital in the UK Advises on Potential Lifesaving Corona Virus Breathing Technique
A UK hospital doctor, Dr. Sarfaraz Munshi describes a vital breathing technique for corona virus Covid-19 sufferers that could prevent the patients contracting secondary pneumonia which could prove incredibly dangerous to health. Also present and providing guidance is Sue Elliott director of nursing.
Video here.
https://www.chonday.com/40022/docto...-lifesaving-corona-virus-breathing-technique/

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After my accident I had a large amount of fluid on my lungs. They had me doing the deep breathing exercises but I couldn't lay on my stomach due to it being cut open from the ribs to the pelvic area and stapled shut.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Probably....

Some of my nurse pals and I are going to start sipping the Schwepp's and upping our nutritional supps.
I already take a good one, but am going to add a C, zinc and D combo.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Probably....

Some of my nurse pals and I are going to start sipping the Schwepp's and upping our nutritional supps.
I already take a good one, but am going to add a C, zinc and D combo.

My wife put us on a Zinc supplement called ZMA about 3 weeks ago. Vitamin B6, Magnesium and 200% of Zinc each day.

Works great, I guess, but my complexion has changed to this galvanized metal like look. Not sure if this is normal or not. :th_lmao:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't understand the director of the CDC.
On Monday, he said the numbers are going to be much lower re: deaths.
Prior to that, way before that we were getting very high number predictions.
From the FDA commissioner too.
Is this how it's played?
Start high, then say see what we did there, we worked on getting those numbers lowered by golly!
I don't trust them one bit!
There's been a manipulation in stats from the get-go.
Just my opinion.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Our local chain supermarket, Chief.. is now saying any shopping customers must be wearing a mask before entering the store.
The store is going to be watched by reps throughout to make sure shoppers walk in one direction, 6 feet apart, limited time in the store too.
I'm all up for that.

Bannedjoe

Is this how it's played?
Start high, then say see what we did there, we worked on getting those numbers lowered by golly!
Just my opinion.

I don't trust anything or anybody anymore, and haven't for a long time, and I don't even watch the news.

I just find it so surprising that we live in the information age, and so much of it can't be trusted.

Seriously, what's the point?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Is this how it's played?
Just my opinion.

I think that your opinion is exactly right.

I may be a born sceptic but I don't take any of these so called "experts" at face value. The gnome of all knowledge, Dr. Fauci, has been so wrong on a lot of this shit that it's reached the point that I don't know if he is worth listening to or not. I think that it's probably "NOT". Anyone who spends his life in the hollowed halls of research probably isn't a reliable source for dealing with real life problems, knowledge perhaps but solutions NO. That's just my skeptical opinion.

Mathematical models are fun but, at best, they just give you general trends. Anyone who is willing to bet their life on one is an idiot. Now, 5 years from now, when the data has been gathered, refined, massaged and interpolated, they might get close to what actually happened on the ground but that's a little late for use as an analytical tool.

PG, when I saw that the data they were putting in to their model was coming from China and Iran among other places, the first thing that went through my mind was that this is going to be fucked up. Okay, I've already said that I'm a sceptic.

I used to do the same thing in business. If I said that a particular project was going to cost $20M and I brought it in for $17M, I was a hero. You couldn't do that too often or it became obvious but on occasion it worked wonderfully. It's all bullshit.

Jeez, I really am a sceptic, am I not?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is this how it's played?
Just my opinion.
Clearly manipulation. All major media sources played the same game. Obviously the N95 mask directions in February, basically saying only health professionals need those, was a lie. Even saying that wearing the basics cloth masks was unnecessary was a lie, largely because if people knew those were almost worthless then they would hoard the N95 masks.

So many other lies, all spread by the major media sources.

Our local chain supermarket, Chief.. is now saying any shopping customers must be wearing a mask before entering the store.
The store is going to be watched by reps throughout to make sure shoppers walk in one direction, 6 feet apart, limited time in the store too.
I'm all up for that.
In Germany they allow 2 people per aisle in the grocery store where my cousin shops. Masks everywhere. Lines outside. Limits of people going inside. 1 comes out, a new customer goes in. Sneeze shields and marks on the floor to protect cashiers and shoppers.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The gnome of all knowledge, Dr. Fauci, has been so wrong on a lot of this shit that it's reached the point that I don't know if he is worth listening to or not. I think that it's probably "NOT". Anyone who spends his life in the hollowed halls of research probably isn't a reliable source for dealing with real life problems, knowledge perhaps but solutions NO. That's just my skeptical opinion.

:thumbup:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Plannedemic, yes that sums it up nicely.

The proof is in the pudding. Just look at the media "Jihad" to discredit HCQ just because Trump mentioned it. A cheap, readily available drug comes to light that shows promise to help alleviate or eliminate ones COVID symptoms and immediately the media attacks both the drug and Trump. The media wants a lot of us to die and does not want Trump to get any credit for alleviating people's suffering. The media and the leftists want us to die and want this country to die. There can be no doubt about that.

NBC, Universal and Comcast, which is run by communist leftists, have a huge financial stake in China. Look it up. They side with China against the American people for money.

Read my sig line. It says it all.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just look at the media "Jihad" to discredit HCQ just because Trump mentioned it. A cheap, readily available drug comes to light that shows promise to help alleviate or eliminate ones COVID symptoms and immediately the media attacks both the drug and Trump. The media wants a lot of us to die and does not want Trump to get any credit for alleviating people's suffering. The media and the leftists want us to die and want this country to die. There can be no doubt about that.

NBC, Universal and Comcast, which is run by communist leftists, have a huge financial stake in China. Look it up. They side with China against the American people for money.

TR, we disagree on a lot of stuff but we are on the same page on this one.

I've said a lot on here about HCQ and it's side effects, some of which can be ugly but the rabid media frenzy against it is shocking. They say that it is unproven, the sample size was too small to mean anything, the evidence in anecdotal. Well, let me put it like this. It is a well proven and approved drug, just not for this purpose. Most of the side effects come on with extended use which would not be the case here. If you have a hundred people in your test study and one shows improvement by it's use, isn't that a good thing? Isn't helping one person survive a lot better than sitting around doing nothing, with your thumb up your butt. I don't understand the opposition to using it.

Your advice to follow the money is also correct. I read an article yesterday about Universal Studios building a billion dollar theme park in China in partnership with the Chinese Government. They can't criticize the Chinese Government through their media outlets or the Chinese might shut down the building of the park. That's a lot of money to lose.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
... HCQ ... They say that it is unproven, the sample size was too small to mean anything, the evidence in anecdotal...

All of that is true.

But it shows promise. A large study should have already been started because there is plenty of anecdotal evidence to show its promise. We need to know a lot more. Clearly it appears to work for many.

We know that 80% of the people who get Covid require little more than Tylenol.
We know that roughly 16% need medical help, and now its looking like 8% need hospitalization.

But what we don't know is how many of the 80% got HCQ and actually never needed it.

We also don't know of the roughly 8% who need hospitalization have gotten it and recovered, probably because of it.

We need to figure out if this is a cure!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
TR, we disagree on a lot of stuff but we are on the same page on this one.

I've said a lot on here about HCQ and it's side effects, some of which can be ugly but the rabid media frenzy against it is shocking. They say that it is unproven, the sample size was too small to mean anything, the evidence in anecdotal. Well, let me put it like this. It is a well proven and approved drug, just not for this purpose. Most of the side effects come on with extended use which would not be the case here. If you have a hundred people in your test study and one shows improvement by it's use, isn't that a good thing? Isn't helping one person survive a lot better than sitting around doing nothing, with your thumb up your butt. I don't understand the opposition to using it.

Your advice to follow the money is also correct. I read an article yesterday about Universal Studios building a billion dollar theme park in China in partnership with the Chinese Government. They can't criticize the Chinese Government through their media outlets or the Chinese might shut down the building of the park. That's a lot of money to lose.

I started wondering why NBC/Universal/Comca$t was acting like a special kind of stupid. Different than CNN, but still stupid. Then I came across that theme park you mentioned and the final pieces of the puzzle started to fall into place. I mentioned it to my wife and she said yes, Trump mentioned it yesterday in his presser. Aha, so now Donald has a hold of it and talking about it. Given his penchant for hanging on to something like a dog with a rat by the neck, it will get mentioned over and over. :thumbup:

Yup, many folks over the years have disagreed with old TR. Many times they were proven right, many times not. At any rate, it is what makes life so grand, else we all dress the same and drive the same vehicles and all vote the same.

Not much fun in that now is there? :smile:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pennsylvania has joined Kansas and Virginia in closing all K-12 schools for the remainder of the school year. My son who's a senior is jubilant. I did tell him he'll be dumb as a box of rocks when he starts at Penn State in the fall. He said "I know but so will everyone else."

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Is this how it's played?
Just my opinion.

I'm all up for that.

So in essence these times are desperate enough to inflict all these draconian measures upon the American people, costing them their jobs, businesses, depleted their retirement accounts, farmers are plowing fruit and vegetables into the ground because their market has been destroyed, yet the situation is not critical enough to give folks HCQ, a drug that has been around since 1955. The agenda is ruling the day.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If the "experts" and the MSM have their way our country as we know it will be more. Hate to be so pessimistic but at this point in time it's the way I see it.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If the "experts" and the MSM have their way our country as we know it will be more. Hate to be so pessimistic but at this point in time it's the way I see it.
Mike

You're not being pessimistic. You are being a realist. This whole thing is agenda driven. They knew from the beginning the toll would not be as bad as they were conveying. The models were flawed from the beginning and they know it.

Now the "experts" say the models are only as good as the info being put into them. Well, hell, the experts were the ones feeding the bullshit into them from the beginning. Now they come up with some half baked phony excuse why they are wrong.

Mark my words well. If the Dems win in November all this goes away. If Trump wins, which is likely, the misery continues throughout the winter into next year. This is the agenda.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
So I got thinking about that graph. The "average" Covid number at the end is one of the higher death toll days. It's not really an average like the other numbers are. Won't be able to have an "average" until it's over or at least been a while so the numbers could be broken into months or weeks or something that makes the Covid numbers more related to the other numbers.

I read that the other, older numbers come from "our world in data". which if I remember is a CIA site.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So onto some grim news. This has been mentioned but now seems to be getting some scientific study by the South Korean medical system. We have mostly heard about reinfection in China, but we know that China has zero credibility when it comes to reporting disease data. South Korea, on the other hand, has been very transparent about their Covid situation and their medical system has shared information freely with other developed nations so we will get good data.

The question is, are these REINFECTIONS of people who fully recovered or are they RELAPSES of people who have not fully recovered?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...QVYfBgHINY9o0TIb_2yfAqXtM4#Echobox=1586552724

Recovered coronavirus patients test positive again in blow to immunity hopes
South Korean officials said the virus may have been 'reactivated', rather than the patients being re-infected

By Rozina Sabur 10 April 2020 • 6:30pm

South Korea reported on Friday that 91 recovered coronavirus patients have tested positive for the disease again, raising questions over health experts' understanding of the pandemic.

The prospect of people being re-infected with the virus is of international concern, as many countries are hoping that infected populations will develop sufficient immunity to prevent a resurgence of the pandemic.

The reports have also prompted fears the virus may remain active in patients for much longer than was previously thought.

Korean health officials reported Friday that 91 patients thought to have been cleared of the virus had tested positive again, up from 51 people on Monday.

The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) announced it had sent a team to the city of Daegu, the worst hit area, to investigate why patients there were testing positive again.

South Korea's early and widespread testing was held up as an example for the rest of the world. Some of the patients testing positive again showed no symptoms, while others were suffering from fevers and respiratory issues, according to the Financial Times.

South Korean health officials said it remains unclear what is behind the trend, with the preliminary findings from the investigation in Daegu not expected to be released until next week.

However the KCDC's director, Jeong Eun-kyeong, raised the possibility that the virus may have been “reactivated” in people, rather than the patients being re-infected.

False test results could also be at fault, other experts said, or remnants of the virus could still be in patients’ systems without being infectious or posing a risk of danger to the host or others.

There are different interpretations and many variables,” said Jung Ki-suck, professor of pulmonary medicine at Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital.

“The government needs to come up with responses for each of these variables”.

South Korea had previously been hailed as a success story after its swift implementation of a mass-scale testing regime halted the spread of the virus and led to a far lower fatality rate than the global average.

The country had one of the worst outbreaks outside China in the early stages of the coronavirus spread, but the country has brought the situation under control over the past two months by a combination of measures including transparent reporting, mass-testing, social distancing and extensive contact tracing.

On Friday the country reported 27 new cases, its lowest figure since daily cases peaked at more than 900 in late February, according to the KCDC. The death toll rose by seven to 211, it said.

Nearly 7,000 South Koreans have been reported as recovered from Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

The city of Daegu, which accounts for more than half of all South Korea's total infections, reported zero new cases for the first time since late February.

However the new reports of recovered patients testing positive once more has sparked fears of a fresh outbreak.

“We say that a patient has fully recovered when he or she tests negative twice within 24 hours. But the fact that some of them tested positive again in a short period means that the virus remains longer than we thought,”
Son Young-rae, a spokesman for the health and welfare ministry, told the Financial Times.

“The number will only increase, 91 is just the beginning now,” said Kim Woo-joo, professor of infectious diseases at Korea University Guro Hospital.

Mr Kim also said patients had likely “relapsed” rather than been re-infected.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pennsylvania has joined Kansas and Virginia in closing all K-12 schools for the remainder of the school year. My son who's a senior is jubilant. I did tell him he'll be dumb as a box of rocks when he starts at Penn State in the fall. He said "I know but so will everyone else."

My daughter, who teaches high school in Va, tells me that out of her assigned home school class of 50, only 6 are participating.

Sadly, come next September, these six will be so far ahead of the remainder that they will need to be dumbed down to keep the class somewhat level, and all will be graded as if they had been in school for the past fee months.