• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Weight of Government Taxation on Citizens

Bamby

The total weight of government taxation imposed upon citizens. I often get so frustrated of reading as to where if Americans would only work cheaper our economy would thrive again. But with the costs of virtually everything today just how in the hell can many Americans work for much or any less than they are today. And don't snowball me with GM, a few steel jobs examples that are left.

I know wages are far lower in Mexico and China but what are the costs of living in the low cost countries. Does the employee come pre burdened with costs like here. Workman's comp, unemployment, SS taxes, federal, state, and local taxes are all stolen before a employee gets a whiff of their check.

Then he has to hold back income to pay mandatory auto and health insurance. He has to put aside some gas money to get to and from work. He has to put a bit more aside to put plates, state inspection, and the personal property tax on the vehicle.

And speaking of gas even at today's prices suppose you burn three gallons on a round trip to work. That represents more than a hours wages out of the day just to pay the price to get to and from work.

There is still the costs of shelter, utilities, and many communities find living on the riverbank unacceptable.....

I know what Americans can face every day trying to get by but are the costs of living and burden of taxation as excessive in the recognized low labor costs countries?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The total weight of government taxation imposed upon citizens. I often get so frustrated of reading as to where if Americans would only work cheaper our economy would thrive again. But with the costs of virtually everything today just how in the hell can many Americans work for much or any less than they are today. And don't snowball me with GM, a few steel jobs examples that are left.

I know wages are far lower in Mexico and China but what are the costs of living in the low cost countries. Does the employee come pre burdened with costs like here. Workman's comp, unemployment, SS taxes, federal, state, and local taxes are all stolen before a employee gets a whiff of their check.

Then he has to hold back income to pay mandatory auto and health insurance. He has to put aside some gas money to get to and from work. He has to put a bit more aside to put plates, state inspection, and the personal property tax on the vehicle.

And speaking of gas even at today's prices suppose you burn three gallons on a round trip to work. That represents more than a hours wages out of the day just to pay the price to get to and from work.

There is still the costs of shelter, utilities, and many communities find living on the riverbank unacceptable.....

I know what Americans can face every day trying to get by but are the costs of living and burden of taxation as excessive in the recognized low labor costs countries?

I am an employer with union employees, doing business is very expensive, workmanship comp, liability insurance, payroll taxes and union benefits. All due to the government policies. China as an example and I know this to be 100% correct because my wife is from China and her family owns and operates a printing company there.
1- the tax rate is 3%
2- most people work every day except holidays
3- most people live in apartments above there place of employment.
4- I don't care what you hear on the news US products are terrified at least 200% So with very low taxes if you work every day and live above your work place only buy Chinese products and don't mind the Government controlling how you think or where you go you can make it on a very low wage. Marty

Bamby

I am an employer with union employees, doing business is very expensive, workmanship comp, liability insurance, payroll taxes and union benefits. All due to the government policies. China as an example and I know this to be 100% correct because my wife is from China and her family owns and operates a printing company there.
1- the tax rate is 3%
2- most people work every day except holidays
3- most people live in apartments above there place of employment.
4- I don't care what you hear on the news US products are terrified at least 200% So with very low taxes if you work every day and live above your work place only buy Chinese products and don't mind the Government controlling how you think or where you go you can make it on a very low wage. Marty

Reminds me of a place I was fooling around at on a as needed basis. Anyway they had utilized a homeless street person more and more so they finally put him on payroll. The idiot posted he had a horde of dependents so his taxes were withheld or should I say not withheld dues to his dependents.

He had a big time ribbing everyone about their complaining about the tax bite on their checks and flashing his so called earnings around. Well anyway he had fun while it lasted until the IRS came after their money. He then claimed it was no longer worth working and quit and was living back out on the street the last I ever heard about him and refusing to do anything where the IRS may be able to get at him.