• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prayers for a friend

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a long time friend who is going through a rough time right now. He's in his early 70s. Severe diabetes which resulted in him losing a leg a couple years ago. He had a stroke this summer coupled with a heart attack. Because of his condition, they can't do a bypass as he wouldn't make it so they want to trying stints to bypass the clogged arteries.

He doesn't have much for family support right now as his brother who was bringing him to the city for appointments is going through his own issues. (His 41 yr old son just passed away) So I honestly don't see him lasting much longer. But he's still fighting despite being down to barely 100lbs and in a wheelchair or in bed 23 hours a day and now having heart problems along with recovering from a stroke.

We have always been close since we met 20+yrs ago. Whatever happens, he knows that I'm here for him.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Good friends are hard to come by especially 20 yr. friends. Your buddy will be in our prayers. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone. I know his time is near. So does he. He's a great guy who would give you the shirt off his back if he knew you needed it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Quick update. He's getting the stints put in next week. Hopefully things go well as he's also getting a new motorized wheelchair which will allow him to get out of the house and become more mobile. In the winter months he's been pretty much house bound and now with having a stroke he has limited mobility in his left arm making it hard to push his manual wheelchair by himself.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
[emoji26] I just talked to him. We said what we needed to in case things don't go well. He knows that I'm thinking about him. We've been friends for almost 20 years. I just hope that wasn't good bye forever.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
He pulled through and is now at home recovering. I talked to him last night.

He was thrilled that I went to visit him the night before his surgery. I brought my scooter for him to use. It's the first time he was able to leave his room for anything other than an appointment in months. We just went down the block to a coffee shop but to him it was so much more.

Pau Diaz

Banned
I have a long time friend who is going through a rough time right now. He's in his early 70s. Severe diabetes which resulted in him losing a leg a couple years ago. He had a stroke this summer coupled with a heart attack. Because of his condition, they can't do a bypass as he wouldn't make it so they want to trying stints to bypass the clogged arteries.

He doesn't have much for family support right now as his brother who was bringing him to the city for appointments is going through his own issues. (His 41 yr old son just passed away) So I honestly don't see him lasting much longer. But he's still fighting despite being down to barely 100lbs and in a wheelchair or in bed 23 hours a day and now having heart problems along with recovering from a stroke.

We have always been close since we met 20+yrs ago. Whatever happens, he knows that I'm here for him.

My condolences. I'd like to think that in this day and age, the doctors can help him. Many people with a variety of ilnesses have been cured, more than ever before. We've got to have faith. Do your best to make sure he keeps up his health. Your moral and emotional support can make a huge difference in his life and may help to prolong it for at least two decades more. I wish him a full recovery. Even if it takes time, I do believe he can make one. Former WWE great Ric Flair was hospitalized with something much worse recently, and he came out of it as vibrant as he's ever been. May your friend have the same fortune.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My friend is still hanging in there. Though he's developed a bad infection in his big toe on his remaining foot. He just found out that it will have to be amputated.

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
He came to the city yesterday for a dr consult for the infection in his toe. The dr took one look at it and admitted him to the hospital.

I stopped by to see him last night for support as he has no family here. His brother drove him down for the appointment and once he was admitted, turned around and left him laying in a hospital bed alone.

Because of the previous stroke and heart attack, he's at a high risk of complications during surgery. He already had a couple stents put in in November. So the plan today is to have more stents put in then while he's under, amputate the toe.

It's like I'm reliving watching my grandfather wither away over a number of years.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still haven't heard how it went yesterday. For all I know, he may have not made it through the surgery. And without some investigation I'll never know.