• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chihuly glass

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we don't have a specific "arts" section on the forum so I guess this goes here.

I went and saw an exhibit of Dale Chihuly's collection at the Phipp's Conservatory last weekend.

Here's a site that has pictures of his work and below are some I took myself. Here is a slideshow of some of the works.

It's pretty impressive and worth a look if the exhibition makes it to your area. I've never seen blown glass in this magnitude before. The Conservatory makes a great setting as well.

Attachments

• CIMG3930s.jpg
    CIMG3930s.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 95
  • CIMG3940s.jpg
    CIMG3940s.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 74
  • CIMG3953s.JPG
    CIMG3953s.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 75
  • CIMG4024s.JPG
    CIMG4024s.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 72
  • CIMG4032s.JPG
    CIMG4032s.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG4040s.JPG
    CIMG4040s.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 73

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've also gone to see some of his works.

Its really amazing the way he masses his glass works together, or mixes them with other materials. The Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas has a ceiling that is a Chihuly work and is interesting to view because it is the only work of his that I know of that is viewed from UNDER the work of art while the other pieces I have seen are typically at/near eye level and you walk AROUND them or through them to view the works.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've also seen several of his chandeliers. Very impressive (and I'll bet a real bugger to dust...).