• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prosecute politicians who ignore city health professionals???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is blood on NYC Mayor Bill deBlasio's hands.

He refused to close the schools, the subways or shut down parades and celebrations. Now his cesspool of a city is the epicenter of the Covid 19 virus.

If it is possible to prosecute him, it should be done. He will end up killing more people than some war criminals.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...-comes-to-wuhan-coronavirus-outbreak-n2565971

NYC Health Commissioner Told De Blasio to Get Serious on Efforts to Stop Wuhan Coronavirus Spread. He Refused.
Matt Vespa

NYC Health Commissioner Told De Blasio to Get Serious on Efforts to Stop Wuhan Coronavirus Spread. He Refused.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio criticizes President Trump over his response toward fighting the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., but he should probably look in the mirror. For starters, the American people approve of how the Trump White House has handled this crisis. Second, it appears as if New York City’s council members were more concerned about being politically correct than preparing for how to handle the outbreak. Chinese New Year was celebrated, which exposed countless people to the disease. We have well over 180,000 cases and approaching 4,000 deaths, most of which come from the Tri-State area. Over half of all Wuhan virus cases in the country come from New York City. Still, comrade Bill has to bash the president...

"The president of the United States is from New York City and he will not lift a finger to help his hometown. ... I can’t be blunt enough: If the president doesn’t act, people will die who could have lived otherwise.”[/INDENT]

Even in early March, de Blasio was telling people to continue to go out and eat (via Eater NY):

People should still be going out to eat at restaurants, Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a press conference about the new coronavirus on Wednesday — emphasizing that the virus “does not transmit through food and drink.”

A week into the first confirmed COVID-19 cases in New York City, restaurateurs across the city say they’re already seeing reservation cancellations, while four huge dim sum restaurants in Sunset Park have closed in response to dropping sales as more people limit public outings.

In response to a question about how the city would help curb the economic impact, the mayor mentioned new no-interest loans for small businesses that experience a 25 percent decline or more due to new coronavirus. He also said that they’re “telling people to not avoid restaurants, not avoid normal things that people do.”

“If you’re not sick, you should be going about your life,” the mayor said.

There is MUCH more to the story at the link :hammer:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.03.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.03.28 PM.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.03.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.03.37 PM.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.04.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.04.02 PM.png
    174 KB · Views: 50

rugerman

Sounds good but politicians are the ones who make the laws, my bet is they won’t vote for something that will possibly cause themselves problems in the future.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds good but politicians are the ones who make the laws, my bet is they won’t vote for something that will possibly cause themselves problems in the future.

:agree: I would love to see De Blasio hung for his inaction but it will never happen.

Some called for Trump's impeachment for his slow action on this virus. Others are calling for the heads of congress reps who found out what was coming and sold stocks. De Blasio is by far the worst of the worst but other than not being reelected i have no confidence anything will happen to him. If he has a conscience maybe that will bother him but I doubt that is the case.