• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Victor Davis Hanson says China's handling of coronavirus 'ruined their international

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Victor Davis Hanson says China's handling of coronavirus 'ruined their international brand'
By Joshua Nelson | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/media/victor-davis-hanson-china-handling-coronavirus

Hoover Institution Fellow Victor Davis Hanson said on Wednesday that China’s handling of the coronavirus “ruined their international brand,” having potential serious repercussions on its economy as foreign companies may exit.

“[China] knew that that virus was not only epidemic but infectious and could be deadly to older people. They didn’t tell anybody. They didn’t tell us. In fact, they did something far worse -- they accused us of causing it and then they threatened to cut off supplies of medical needs and pharmaceuticals,” Hanson told “The Brian Kilmeade Show,” noting the thousands of Chinese tourists coming into the U.S.

Hanson said that China’s actions will lead to “key industries” moving out of the country.

"You think if you’re Italy or Switzerland or Germany or Australia, you really want to have your antibiotics produced in China when this is all over? If you’re a tourist and you went to China and somebody said there’s a virus contained but don’t worry, it’s contained --would you believe that?”

Hanson said that there is going to be a widespread shift in public opinion about China.

“Anybody in their right mind would know that the existential threat is China.”

Hanson's comments came after China, on Tuesday, escalated its tit-for-tat propaganda war with the United States over who's to blame for the spread of the coronavirus by placing restrictive measures on several top media companies, including The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal, prompting strong opposition from the Trump administration.

It's just the latest move by Beijing to punish the U.S. for its reporting on the global pandemic, the origin of which has been traced back to Wuhan, China.

In a statement, China claimed the new restrictions on U.S. reporters were a retaliation against the Trump administration for putting caps on the number of journalists from five Chinese state-run media outlets working in the United States last month.

To date, the coronavirus pandemic has infected over 200,000 people worldwide and killed over 8,000. In the United States, there have been just under 6,500 confirmed cases recorded with over 110 deaths reported.

Fox News' Barnini Chakraborty contributed to this report.

Joshua Nelson is a freelance reporter for Fox News.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Most of here already knew this. It was only the DimWit Party that likes to keep their heads firmly planted up their asses.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
With their MSM allies if the dims ever get control of the white house, house and senate I'm afraid they will truly destroy our gov't and society!! I watched Schumers rant today and according to him anything relating to the virus is Trump's fault.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Working for my Dad when he ran his contracting business during high school. He always used to say when you bring me a problem, come with a solution as well. Then we will discuss it and work through it. I pay you think. Never forgot that.

Apparently these asshole Dimwits never worked for my father. :th_lmao:

Bannedjoe

IIRC, after we dropped the world changer on Japan, nobody wanted anything from there, and we laughed at anything made in Japan.
Years later, they were producing some of the best electronics on the planet, as well as many other things, and Japanese products became desirable.

Throughout those changes, we still continued to laugh at China, and anything made there.

Sam Walton originally stated his mission was to buy American as much as he possibly could.
After his death, the profile of walmart changed, and everything all of a sudden was stamped Made in China.
I kind of think if that hadn't happened, China might not have gained quite the stronghold they have on today's products and manufacturing.

I recently bought new rims for one of my trucks. I chose the "American racing" brand.
When they arrived, sure as shit, they were stamped made in China. Arrgghh.

I've never thought of China's international brand as something to get excited about, and still resent how much of our manufacturing moved over there, but you can hardly get away from it these days.

One of my hopes that may arise from this current crises, is that we get smart and start up our own manufacturing again, and get away from the reliance on other countries.

It seems to me, people used to go after and try to get the jobs they wanted, but nowadays it's take any job you can get.
Flipping burgers was never meant to be a full time, support a family of four kind of job, but when there's no good jobs out there, what's a person going to do?
I don't need a job, but I sure hope they come back for those that do, and that China's "Brand" slowly disappears into the woodwork.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm really hoping that the corporate people who matter are taking some time to acquire the appropriate real estate to move some production back to North America. Not just because many people will work harder to Not buy chinese products but because Americans will need the work and many of them might reconsider what a minimum wage is.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
IIRC, after we dropped the world changer on Japan, nobody wanted anything from there, and we laughed at anything made in Japan.
Years later, they were producing some of the best electronics on the planet, as well as many other things, and Japanese products became desirable.

Throughout those changes, we still continued to laugh at China, and anything made there.

Sam Walton originally stated his mission was to buy American as much as he possibly could.
After his death, the profile of walmart changed, and everything all of a sudden was stamped Made in China.
I kind of think if that hadn't happened, China might not have gained quite the stronghold they have on today's products and manufacturing.

I recently bought new rims for one of my trucks. I chose the "American racing" brand.
When they arrived, sure as shit, they were stamped made in China. Arrgghh.

I've never thought of China's international brand as something to get excited about, and still resent how much of our manufacturing moved over there, but you can hardly get away from it these days.

One of my hopes that may arise from this current crises, is that we get smart and start up our own manufacturing again, and get away from the reliance on other countries.

It seems to me, people used to go after and try to get the jobs they wanted, but nowadays it's take any job you can get.
Flipping burgers was never meant to be a full time, support a family of four kind of job, but when there's no good jobs out there, what's a person going to do?
I don't need a job, but I sure hope they come back for those that do, and that China's "Brand" slowly disappears into the woodwork.

Late 60's on they made the best motorcycles in the world bar none. The bottom ends and quality of steel from their new plants we built were second to none. I know, I owned more than a few from a 350cc Kawasaki two stroker to the fantastic Suzuki Water Buffalo.