• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump cancels trip to CDC over coronavirus fears

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Now wait a minute.
Didn't he just assure the nation that this was no worse than the common cold?
Well it is worse than the common cold.
This ain't the way you do it, Mr. President.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-cancels-trip-cdc-coronavirus-fears/story?id=69433435

President Donald Trump said he may still try to go to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta after the trip was initially called off because of concerns that someone there may have contracted the novel coronavirus.

“We may go -- they thought there was a problem with CDC with somebody who had the virus,” he told reporters, adding that the person in question has been tested and it is a negative test.

“They’ve tested the person very fully and it was a negative test, so I may be going, and we’re going to see if they can turn it around,” Trump said.

rugerman

I don’t blame him, if I thought that somewhere I was supposed to go was infected with a virus, cold, etc. if I could I would stay away to. I was a pharmacist for over 30 years, I never got a flu shot or a pneumonia shot, I got the flu once when I first started out, everyone in town got it, I had to work tru it because all the other pharmacists were at home in bed with it, as were all the doctors.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Rugerman. Cool. I didn't realize you were a pharmacist. When I did my 2 years college I took enough pharmacology courses to qualify me as a pharmacist assistant as we were dealing with ordering and administering medication the same as a nurse.

rugerman

Yes northern redneck I came by it the hard way, started out as a delivery boy/shelf stocker/general flunky (painted, waxed floors, ordered merchandise, waited on customers, helped at my bosses farms including working as a surveyor assistant (here take this red and white pole, walk tru that swamp water til you find the creek, watch out for poisonous snakes and unseen holes) got tired of that worked on shrimp boats, drove a ambulance, cut grass, finally I went to college got my degree which gave me time to hunt, fish, etc. and enough money to collect guns.