• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sick again

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
too thin. my nurse & his trainee were here. he is returning. i rang him, as i've gotten too thin. damn. i cannot get why i keep letting myself get so teensy. beyond genetics. i ferget how to be hungry as a normal being would be.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:(

Can you put a timer on your phone that goes off every 3 hours telling you to eat something?

And don't eat the veggies... they don't seem to give you anything to hang onto.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
it's all about routine,a kinda mindset,had this with my daughter and now she has a clock ticking in her mind to have 3 meals a day.

wake up need toast, lunchtime need lunch and dinner have dinner,start small and build up.

small meals are the way forward.:flowers:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I have to have 3 squares a day 'cause I've been hypoglycemic most of my life. As I age it's getting harder to keep a few extra pounds from appearing over the winter and harder to burn them off in the summer. Luvs, do like our obese kids nowadays and eat lots of junk food, sit around and play video games and text every waking hour,LOL!!
Mike

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
oh, man. there's so many misnomers. i was an anorexic- now i luv my food, yet weigh 87 pounds. hypermetabolic. & i'm tall, too. plus, i limit exertion, & drink to excess. yinz would be amazed @ how many pops/adult beverages i slug. then food. i must drink 2,000 calories in fluid, then food that my Mom brings me. then i have that food. I'm so confused & my doctor is baffled, if not -in a way- almost kind of angry. oh, well. i'm tired. she says, 'hospital'', & i say, 'nope'. a hospital is lonely, & boring. you may or may not get a roomie. i prefer to not have a roomie, myself, & they have great food @ a few; ucky hospital food @ others.
there is cable fer when i'm tired & lonely. & i have gotten to be so great of pals w/ a few that we talk to now. talked to 1 earlier on.
we'll see.
luv yinz guys, -luvs

i get scared, as 2 friends went to Him already, in their early years, over being too thin. i would luv to hug 'em. when i'm not mid-30's, tho. my nurse visited again. i know i'm making him scared. i tried to dial him- oh well. i would not wanna make him scared. he is a great person. I'm seeking tx if i drop 2 pounds further on- i look so thin & my PCP is gonna flip if i let 'em weigh me. i have a few....... & i luv a challenge. let's get me to a weight that won't make my PCP upset or put me inpatient again. is time to live life~ not starve life away, huh--

Last edited:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Jeeze Luv's, being 6'1" and 265 I kind of wish I had your problem. But in reality, probably not. I don't have any advice, you're already doing everything I do. Drink like a fish, eat high caloric food, sleep a lot. Just don't understand why it's not working the same for you as it is for me...

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
TY, doc. my nurse was here. gotta hook my g-j in tonite. i ingested a dab of food, too.
think it is time to be inpatient, if not fer a few. i'm so weak now. i have ppl to look in on my meowers. we'll see when they could get me in. sux. i'll miss yinz.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
My best friend is a nurse and I ran this by her - without any naming names. Her advice based on this limited data is to
quit alcoholic beverages and use whatever method works for you so you get about six small meals spaced fairly evenly
throughout the day.

Take care and keep us informed; this is scary stuff and folks here do care about you. :flowers:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Booze is not your friend, yet you let it control your life. Seems that much of what you do and many (most) of the people in your life seem to be part of the boozing as well. You know the answers to your questions, but don't seem to want to change certain behaviors that are know problems. Your gruff facade says you're a tough broad, but inside you're just a hurting kid who is hiding inside of a bottle of Jagermeister or whatever other alcohol is available. The pain subsides for a few hours from the booze, but you wake up and have to face your demons once again.

Your problems will begin to go away when you determine that YOU want them to go away, and start doing the things that will lead to a normal life. Quit seeking pity and begin seeking help. Pray for the persistence and determination to turn your life around while you still have a life. JMHO

Kane

If I must say, the little bottles of BOOST and the generics surely saved me years ago. Get the BOOST PLUS, obviously, or the generic equivalents made for added protein and/or weight gain. WalMart/Walgreens make the same thing as the brand name stuff, and, of course, is cheaper.

Drink 'em frequently throughout the day. Add 'em to a shake in the blender. Each little bottle is a quick source of life-giving sustenance, luvs. Just do it!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Booze is not your friend, yet you let it control your life. Seems that much of what you do and many (most) of the people in your life seem to be part of the boozing as well. You know the answers to your questions, but don't seem to want to change certain behaviors that are know problems. Your gruff facade says you're a tough broad, but inside you're just a hurting kid who is hiding inside of a bottle of Jagermeister or whatever other alcohol is available. The pain subsides for a few hours from the booze, but you wake up and have to face your demons once again.

Your problems will begin to go away when you determine that YOU want them to go away, and start doing the things that will lead to a normal life. Quit seeking pity and begin seeking help. Pray for the persistence and determination to turn your life around while you still have a life. JMHO

okay, psychologist-joe. i'm not gruff, ppl say i'm sweet/cute. including guys that have women, there, jev. i have an angelic voice, i hear. i drink when i have cash on me or someone buys me a few/someone rings me to drink w/ them. that is normal, joe. maybe you lacked that. i drink pop & juices & h2o in those interems. called being not-old,-- that, there drinking stuff. well, not really. half my pals're 40-60 & beyond & slug as champs. they live absolut normal daze.:flowers: after their workday is through, that is.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
kane, u rock- i drink a similar drink. & i have a g-j feeding tube, too, so, most passes beyond my actual stomach.
i'm gaining, slowly, & i need positive. TY again, kane--

fleamailman

("...luvs, do you keep some note of what you eat and when you eat it too..." asked the goblin sincerely now, then adding "...do you plan your meals out in some way, and what do you recommend as the answer for someone in your situation then...")

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
okay, psychologist-joe. i'm not gruff, ppl say i'm sweet/cute. including guys that have women, there, jev. i have an angelic voice, i hear. i drink when i have cash on me or someone buys me a few/someone rings me to drink w/ them. that is normal, joe. maybe you lacked that. i drink pop & juices & h2o in those interems. called being not-old,-- that, there drinking stuff. well, not really. half my pals're 40-60 & beyond & slug as champs. they live absolut normal daze.:flowers: after their workday is through, that is.
If you're so "sweet/cute," "not gruff" and have an "angelic voice," why do you portray yourself here as an alcohol lush? There's nothing admirable about drinking to excess. As a "chef" I would hope you had a course or two in nutrition, and through common sense, know the detrimental effects of alcohol and pop on the human body. I'm perplexed at what you deem to be normal. If it were normal, then why the health issues that appear to plague your life and sap your stamina? I would think that if you were genuinely concerned with your health, you would be removing the things from your diet that you KNOW are not good for you, but I'm sure you have a good reason for continuing doing what you do.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
joe, i'm really none too concerned by your negativity. i'm a Chef, & i was there to learn that talent- not joe; Aubrey. there're pix of me @ my graduation on 1 of these 2 sites, & many of those items we made, as well.

u said urself that u could not last in an industrial setting after 1 dinner service. lol, i made my way thru thousands & i'm prepped fer many, many millions beyond. that is being a Chef,- an actual one. &, so yep. & yeah, i drink. so~ i can cook better than my pals & family, both.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
& lemme change 1 thing- 3 of my beloved pals went to Him. not 2. bye-bye, & luv yinz. Lord Bless 'em & may they have great times together. if I know my 1 pal, she has 'em watching black & gold as often as dear Lord permits. miss them.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Jeeze Luv's, being 6'1" and 265 I kind of wish I had your problem. But in reality, probably not. I don't have any advice, you're already doing everything I do. Drink like a fish, eat high caloric food, sleep a lot. Just don't understand why it's not working the same for you as it is for me...

ppl say they would luv to be so thin; be as thin as me, so often.

could be genetics, maybe~ my Mom is so thin, too- . she'll dine @ her office, then have food later w/ Vinny. they snack, too. often. & my Mom drinks w/ him, also. we 've got some thin gene, maybe. we can eat as tho there's no tomorrow, & drink as though we're fish. my Mom maintains; i drop pounds. i'm looking into hyperthyroidism- that was already a previous concern, as was leukemia. waiting & thinking, fretting, watching, worrying, & then snooozin' when i get to. & seeing those that i so luv.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
kane, u rock- i drink a similar drink. & i have a g-j feeding tube, too, so, most passes beyond my actual stomach.
i'm gaining, slowly, & i need positive. TY again, kane--

Good to hear.

A drink called Ensure, similar to Boost, helped my dad maintain his weight. I think those drinks have gotten much better over the years.

Checking your thyroid would be a good idea too.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
jev, i was recruited 4 voice-overs. i can drop my accent if im gettin' paid to sound better than that person on that television that yinz see, huh~. i'll return to my native lingo thereafter, tho.

same as a southerner speaks 1 way, i speak another. that is called reality & that is that. sheesh.

melensdad, i appreciate that, & TY.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i lost 20 pounds. i rang that hospital, right quick. 20 pounds!. not 4 daze- that weight is gone. melensdad- i get cases of a similar one, often- my feeding tube takes a similar formula.

i agree on thyroid stuff, too.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my nurses were very against my signing myself in, & so 1 has said he would be here day-to-day, to get me to hook my feeding tube in. so i said, that would be way better than inpatient. so we made a tentative schedule, where they'll be here to get me to use my feeding tube, beginning @ several times a week, then gradually increasing amounts/times. oh, well- better than chitty food & boring daze as an inpatient! 5 hours on a tube is way less stressful.

fleamailman

("...think of me as just there for whenever you tell me how bad my posts are once more..." went the goblin offering a hug first, then adding "...life's angels are not there to be nice they're there to help one shine in their reflection, so face it head on and win through now...")

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
If you're so "sweet/cute," "not gruff" and have an "angelic voice," why do you portray yourself here as an alcohol lush? There's nothing admirable about drinking to excess. As a "chef" I would hope you had a course or two in nutrition, and through common sense, know the detrimental effects of alcohol and pop on the human body. I'm perplexed at what you deem to be normal. If it were normal, then why the health issues that appear to plague your life and sap your stamina? I would think that if you were genuinely concerned with your health, you would be removing the things from your diet that you KNOW are not good for you, but I'm sure you have a good reason for continuing doing what you do.[/QUOTE

i'm tired, JEV, & live a sorta life apparently non-familiar to u. i have things in my life that matter to me. &, JEV, lol, pop is on their menu when in a hospital. lunch, dinner, snacks, & if u get thirsty, too.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we ran an enteral feed, earlier on. i'll plug that feed in, again, soon. or make a nw one. my stomach is not w/ me, here.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm tired, JEV, & live a sorta life apparently non-familiar to u. i have things in my life that matter to me. &, JEV, lol, pop is on their menu when in a hospital. lunch, dinner, snacks, & if u get thirsty, too.
Actually, your lifestyle is more familiar to me than you would think. I'd better stop or get accused by you of beating up on a poor girl again.

BTW, you've now replied twice to my post of 11-1-14. I must have got you thinking to have to make a second reply in your defense.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
JEV, apparently you're not reading between my lines very well.

so, lemme say, your opinion means nothing to me.

i've got myself to think over, & make healthy & well.

my doctor named not-JEV ordered my treatment. lol. think they may know a dab further than not-doctor joe. 1 kinda went to med school, 17 years+. i would listen to them over a home cook.

my dad used to think that belligerent & negative mannerisms would improve me. i purposely drank further & he made my anorexia worse. not until i packed my stuff & said, 'bye!' was he aware of how i simply found better things in life.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
have i mentioned that i made my Dad weep, when he thought he would win an argument. damn. my nurse, earlier on, says he is that smartest person he knows....... then muttered that he finds me to be smarter than him. i'm not here to argue. & that he has got a genious I.Q.

i'm here to post on stuff that matters to me.