• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bad Things Happen to Bad Presidents.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A toxic president
By Michael Goodwin October 19, 2014 | 3:31am
The New York Post

Chalk it up to karma, fate or bad luck. Whatever you call it, the Ebola scare is proof that Bad Things Happen to Bad Presidents.

The morphing of what is a single case into near panic is, according to medical experts, unwarranted. They point out that, so far, one person from Liberia died in a Texas hospital and two nurses who treated him got sick. Period, end of panic.
In rational and medical terms, they may be right. But their calculations omit another factor. It’s the X factor.

In this case, X stands for trust.

President Obama has spent six years squandering it, and the administration’s confusion, contradictions and mistakes on Ebola fit the pattern. This is how he rolls.
Don’t worry, there’s no chance of an outbreak, they said. Then it was, Oops, we must rethink all procedures for handling cases. Then there was no worry about a “wide” outbreak, yet quarantines for lots of people.

The irrational fear of an alien pathogen is fueled by rational suspicion of an incompetent and dishonest government. How did the so-called experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention give Nurse No. 2 permission to travel by air, even though she had a mild fever?

That’s a great question — if only the CDC would answer it. “I have not seen the transcript of the conversation,” was Director Thomas Frieden’s lame answer.
Meanwhile, the most obvious move, a travel ban from affected countries, is rejected with unpersuasive claims about the need to get aid workers to Africa. It looks and smells like political correctness searching for logic.

There isn’t any logic, so bet your hazmat suit a ban will happen soon. It’ll be one way for the new Ebola czar to make a mark.

But it will take a miracle worker to restore Barack Obama’s credibility. While there are many things to say about his tenure, the one thing you cannot say is that the nation trusts him.

Poll after poll, on subject after subject, show a collapse. Consistently now, a majority of Americans say Obama is not trustworthy. Most think he’s a failure, many say he is incompetent and the vast bulk — 70 percent in some cases — says his key policies are wrong for America.

He is so unpopular that members of his own party don’t want to be seen with him, lest his failures spawn a political plague.

Against that backdrop, any emergency will cause the national yips. The rise of the Islamic State and its beheadings of two Americans did it, and now Ebola is doing it.

As “Ghostbusters” asked, who you gonna call? Certainly not this White House.

Credibility is like a reservoir or a bank account. You make deposits in good times so you can make withdrawals when you need them.

Obama never made the deposits. It’s been all downhill since Day One. He blames others for failures, and when cornered or ambitious, reaches for a lie. Routinely.

The claim that “if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor” is a defining example, but hardly the only one. Don’t forget “shovel-ready jobs” to justify a trillion-dollar boondoggle. Or there’s “not a smidgen” of corruption at the IRS. And Benghazi was caused by an anti-Muslim video.

His lies are legion and now he’s like the boy who cried wolf. When he makes a national appeal on Ebola, the trust tank is empty.

If there’s one encouraging sign, it’s that Obama may sense he’s walking on thin ice.
When Ebola started to dominate the news, he canceled two fundraising trips.

Talk about miracles.

More from Michael Goodwin

http://nypost.com/2014/10/19/a-toxic-president/

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
If I was him, I'd have gone on the fund raising trips to get away from Michelle. :biggrin::biggrin:

Canceling the fund raising trips did nothing to help the situation. He did what he always does. He appointed an Ebola Czar, a political crony. It's not supposed to help the situation, it's supposed to install another layer of insulation between him and the problem, someone to take the heat if something goes wrong. I've seen the same thing done in the business world. When a new manager is appointed, the first thing he does is create a new position, an "Assistant Manager" who essentially takes over most of his work and abdicated responsibilities and takes all the blame if something goes wrong. I've seen it time and time again.

The man himself seems incapable of making the hard decisions. He delegates and ignores the problem, hoping that it will go away or another problem occurs which will drive the first problem from the public consciousness, which he will also ignore. It's really sad to see him operate. You realize what a useless individual he really is.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
If I was him, I'd have gone on the fund raising trips to get away from Michelle. :biggrin::biggrin:

Canceling the fund raising trips did nothing to help the situation. He did what he always does. He appointed an Ebola Czar, a political crony. It's not supposed to help the situation, it's supposed to install another layer of insulation between him and the problem, someone to take the heat if something goes wrong. I've seen the same thing done in the business world. When a new manager is appointed, the first thing he does is create a new position, an "Assistant Manager" who essentially takes over most of his work and abdicated responsibilities and takes all the blame if something goes wrong. I've seen it time and time again.

The man himself seems incapable of making the hard decisions. He delegates and ignores the problem, hoping that it will go away or another problem occurs which will drive the first problem from the public consciousness, which he will also ignore. It's really sad to see him operate. You realize what a useless individual he really is.

That new Czar is not supposed to do anything, his job is to "manage the message"; Obama's words, not mine. We have
a POTUS whose major reaction to a crisis of his own making is to appoint someone to talk about it! We're so screwed. :ermm:

Kane

Barack Hussein Obama -- an obvious disappointment -- still garners curious support from the uninformed black electorate. Instead of unabashed and unquestioned approval of this man, blacks should be furious.

Obama blew it.

There will never again be another black man trusted to serve as president.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Barack Hussein Obama -- an obvious disappointment -- still garners curious support from the uninformed black electorate. Instead of unabashed and unquestioned approval of this man, blacks should be furious.

Obama blew it.

There will never again be another black man trusted to serve as president.

I agree with 90% of what you said Kane but have to disagree on your last statement. There are Herman Cain and Colin Powell types of men out there and I do think the American electorate will judge each for what they are. I do hope that never again is a 'community organizer' put on a pedestal and given the reins to this country. And I will say I do not believe that will ever happen again. But I do think another black man with experience will get to the top office of the land.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That new Czar is not supposed to do anything, his job is to "manage the message"; Obama's words, not mine. We have
a POTUS whose major reaction to a crisis of his own making is to appoint someone to talk about it! We're so screwed. :ermm:

And unless I missed it, we haven't heard a darned word out of him since his appointment. The silence is deafening. :yum: