• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

19 firefighters have died while battling the Yarnell Hill Fire on Sunday night.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes indeed. So sad. It happens so fast out there in the midst of the fire fight. RIP guys!!!! :(

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wind can turn a big fire in a hurry. These guys were experienced and it happened so fast the could not get in their emergency shelters. RIP to the fallen.

Leni

So very sad. One of the guys was from this area. He's the son of a Fire Captain here in the county. We'll hear more about them and what happened later. I pray that the families willl find peace.

One of my friends on another site was a retired fire captain for the Santa Barbara Fire Dept. He had a lot of interesting thing to say about fire safety. Canyon fires are the worst and he saw several of them during his career.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It was very sad first learning of that news. 1/5 of a fire dept gone. Was tough watching some of the news footage, even though I am 16 hours away. Our FD ran flags at 1/2 staff. We have lost two to LODD cancer, but to loose 19 in an instant is just awful.

RIP Brothers,
RN, "E228" volunteer EDC Engine Company 228