• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Really Need Your Advice

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I recently had a very embarrassing experience and need your advice. While shopping in one of the big box type stores, the wife and I went our separate ways. She went towards the ladies clothing and jewelry section while I went looking at tools and hardware. I wondered the aisles for about an hour and decided I better find the wife before she had two or three carts full. I found her at the jewelry department looking at watches. As I walked up to her and the clerk, I looked at the clerk and discovered it was one of my old serious type girlfriends, that I have not seen in thirty years. My wife looked devilish at me and said “there he is”. Without stammering, stuttering and turning a pale red and dropping dead, how should I handle this if it ever should happen again. With my colorful past I now expect it may happen again.
:hide: :hide: :hide:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dear Colorfull:
First, tell us how you handled it this time.
Then we can better tune our advise for next time.

JimR

Charter Member
Thirty years ago and your worried about it? Just say hello, how are you, how have you been, long time no see, are you married, kids, introduce her to the wife.

jakki

Dear Colorful:

:yum:

Nothing to be embarrassed about unless you're hiding something.....Make peace with your past and look life square in the eyes...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
jakki said:
Nothing to be embarrassed about unless you're hiding something.....Make peace with your past and look life square in the eyes...
Well you could do that, or you could invite both your wife and your ex-girlfriend out to dinner to see how they get along, order some wine, then some more wine, then . . . :whistle:

jakki

B_Skurka said:
Well you could do that, or you could invite both your wife and your ex-girlfriend out to dinner to see how they get along, order some wine, then some more wine, then . . . :whistle:

then pass out only to wake up the next morning in the dog house...UN-accompanied:yankchain:

:yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well not all things work out as well as we hope they would . . .

HGM

jakki said:
:confused2:....he wanted them to pass out?

Well, hopefully it wouldnt come to that....... Most women become fun long before that happens.....:whistle: Its just the inhabitions that need to go away, not conciousnous(?)....:pat:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
jakki said:
Dear Colorful:
jakki said:

Well, the rest of the story is that I told the wife many years prior that the old girlfriend and I had only casually dated a couple of times. It was a lot more colorful than a couple of casual dates. The wife discovered this new info by visiting with the old kiss and tell girlfriend in the store. All food in our house that is being cooked now comes direct from the "THE GREAT PRISON COOK BOOK" and it is not hot. How long will this go on?????

I have learned how to cope with my wife’s moods with so many years of being married to her. Her moods are of course without any help from me:
Mad At Me: Can’t shut her up…..
Really Mad At Me: She raises her voices when berating me…..
Slightly Pissed: She actually hollers while berating me…..
Really Pissed Off: She hollers and screams obscenities at me…..
Super Pissed Off, Really Mad And Upset: Total dead silence……

I knew I was in big trouble when on the way home from the big box store she refused to talk to me. So after the 70 mile trip upon arrival at home I announced that I really needed to go to the bathroom. I jumped out of the Jeep, ran into the house and let the door lock behind me. I immediately found all the large sharp objects (knives, scissors and etc.) and locked them in the gun locker safe. I then ran to the bathroom, quickly flushed several times and then met her at the front door where she stood with a stone cold face, glaring eyes with several bags of groceries in hand.

The second day after going to the big box store she said she was sure there was a weasel around the house and it was killing all of her cute little cotton tail rabbits. She tried to find the key to the gun locker and of course that will not happen. Could I be the weasel that she is talking about?????

After four days the wife is still only using 3 word sentences to talk to me like "go to he--", "you want what" , "kiss my a--" and "just call her". How long will she only use three word sentences when talking to me?

Jaki [/quote] Make peace with your past and look life square in the eyes... [/quote]

I just want to make peace with the wife and to hell with the past and have her look me square in the eyes again. How many years will this take??? The cold chow is also getting to me. How long will it take before I actually see hot food served again?????

Colorful, and still needing a lot of advice……….
:hide: :hide: :hide:

PS.... If I should disappear from the forum will someone please notify the local authorities.......

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeesh, I get to deal with a similar situation several times over. At a recent soccer game, my wife asked me "Please tell me which of our daughter's friend's mothers you have not dated in the past!" Being caught totally off guard, I replied "Uh, I dunno. I can't think of any right now." :eek: :pat: I didn't intend for it to quite come out that way!

I'm going to several functions for my 25th reunion later this week and this weekend. I'm sure I'll have it happen again; possibly more than once. Fortunately, my wife has been pretty good about it because I've been a good boy for the last 21 years (2 years of dating her and 19 years of marriage.) :thumb: Maybe you'll get the same break.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dear Colorful,
Come clean. You guys need to talk. If you can't have a quality sit down talk between just the two of you seek out a marriage counsler to sit in on it.

Tell her why you did not give her all the details up front (were you saving her feelings or saving your ass ...) either way just be honest. It was prior to your current relationship (I hope) so it should not effect your current situation. From what I've heard your wife might be a bit low on self esteem and she needs to hear from you that you're glad to be with her now instead of the hot babe at the counter ....tell her the reason you prefer her. You get the idea.
Good luck dude. You can pull thru this. :thumb:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I would suggest jewelry, but that might not work right now.........unless of course you have a receipt from ANOTHER jeweler.

My ex and my current get along.......maybe too good, since current has been to ex' house. Me and ex get along now too.................

:my2cents: :myopinion:

Other than this, you in the :horsepoop: now.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At this point I think Jakki has the best answer. Drink all the wine and pass out. Hopefully when you wake up everything will have calmed down. And if it has not gotten any better when you wake up, it really won't matter because you will likely have a bad headache and won't really care about the bitching you hear.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Whew, safe for another night and day. She got up very early this morning and said she was going to town shopping today. I won’t have to eat that cold prison chow today. I will grill me up a nice juicy hot burger and fries. After she left I looked for my checkbook, guess she took it with her. This is really gonna hurt.:eek:

So Abby, how much is this going cost me in dollars today?????:confused:

Oh well, I’ll just go out and break up some more rocks with the sledge hammer today…..:hide: :hide: :hide: