• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Autism/Vaccine link Fraud.

loboloco

I have followed this off and on. Seems like they finally got the goods on him and are now hoping the fruitcakes will actually pay attention.

Will autism fraud report be a vaccine booster?

AP – FILE - In this May 26, 2010 file photo, Dr. Andrew Wakefield addresses a gathering hosted by the American …

By MIKE STOBBE, AP Medical Writer Mike Stobbe, Ap Medical Writer – 1 hr 27 mins ago
ATLANTA – This week more shame was heaped upon the discredited British researcher whose work gave rise to the childhood-vaccines-cause-autism movement, as a prominent medical journal published a report that the man had faked his data. But will it make a difference?
Some believe the latest news will finally destroy the reputation of researcher Andrew Wakefield and put an end to the claim of scientific underpinnings for the anti-vaccine movement. "We hope that declaring the paper a fraud will close that door for good," wrote the journal BMJ this week, in an editorial accompanying the report.
Yet at least some advocacy groups continue to take Wakefield's side. And though the latest report may ease the doubts of some parents, experts said they'd be surprised if the latest news changes views overall.
"This scared people and it's hard to unscare them," said Dr. Paul Offit, an infectious disease expert at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
"Until medicine can step up and say, 'We understand the cause of autism,' they may never be assured," said Offit, who has written books criticizing the anti-vaccine movement.
Wakefield made international waves following the publication in 1998 in the Lancet, a prestigious medical journal, that he and his colleagues had linked measles-mumps-rubella vaccine with autism in most of a dozen children they had studied.
It was a small series of observations, wrapped in a hypothesis — not even a full medical study. But it exploded in the media, prompting a wave of parental concerns in England as well as the United States.
Immunization rates in Britain dropped from 92 percent to 73 percent, and were as low as 50 percent in some parts of London. The effect was not nearly as dramatic in the United States, but researchers have estimated that as many as 125,000 U.S. children born in the late 1990s did not get the MMR vaccine because of the Wakefield splash.
It's not clear how many U.S. parents knew details of the Wakefield paper, or how many even knew his name, vaccine experts say. But the research coincided with growing apprehension about autism in this country, and seemed to finally assign a likely reason for it. The idea that vaccines could cause autism took hold.
"Clearly, the results of this (Wakefield) study have had repercussions," said Dr. Michael Smith, a University of Louisville infectious diseases expert who has studied the autism controversy's effect on immunization rates.
Gradually, Wakefield's hypothesis was checked by other researchers who failed to confirm a link between vaccines and autism. It was dissected by experts, and 10 of the article's 13 authors renounced the work.
The first claims that Wakefield had doctored data came in a 2009 story in the Sunday Times of London by British journalist Brian Deer. That report said Wakefield made it seem some of the children did not experience symptoms until after they'd received their shots. Those findings were repeated in this week's report in BMJ.
Then, last year, the Lancet retracted the Wakefield paper — 12 years after it was published. Wakefield was also stripped of his right to practice medicine in Britain; he has no medical license in the U.S.
This week, Wakefield continued to defend himself, calling the journalist "a hit man" during an interview with CNN. And some parents of autistic children and other advocates argue that the criticisms of Wakefield are actually attempts to close off research into the safety of vaccines.
"A character assassination initiative against those who look for answers only serves to stunt medical progress for our children and perpetuate unnecessary public health risks," said Wendy Fournier, president of the National Autism Association, in a prepared statement.
But health officials counter that the science is settled and prolonging the debate is dangerous. Although U.S. vaccination rates have held steady through the last decade, health officials say vaccine fears led to outbreaks of measles and the virus Hib in 2008 in unvaccinated children in states like California and Minnesota. The Hib outbreak included at least one reported death.
In a country where the name Andrew Wakefield doesn't register with most people, it's not clear that this week's report will make much difference. But perhaps it might have impact if it sways celebrities who have lent their voice to the anti-vaccine movement, like Jenny McCarthy, who has voiced her views repeatedly on television shows like "Oprah."
"It will be interesting to see what Jenny McCarthy and others say" about the latest news, said Smith, the Louisville researcher.
A spokesman for McCarthy on Thursday said she was not available for comment.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I heard this today myself. Luckily I've never had to deal with autism in any of my kids, grand kids or great grand kids. I do have some friends with an autistic son about 12 years old now and it is pretty sad to say the least. It is a shame this "doctor" did this as it has led to the deaths of a lot of kids from curable illnesses such as measles due to this one report.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
While I was living in England, I worked with a BUPA nurse called Jane.
She flatly refused to get her son vaccinated period.
Right now, I wonder what she's thinking about all this today?

loboloco

While in the military I received vaccines for everything under the sun, and a few that weren't. I swear one of them sound like it vaccinated me from the fear of the number thirteen. None of those have killed me yet.

mak2

I dont know, I might have to think about it a bit more but....many kids died of otherwise preventable disease. Why not charge the fraudulent doctor with murder?

mak2

They did not have motive and it would be very difficult to prove in court they were not doing what they thougt the best for their kids. It is not reasonalbe to expect every partent to have a medical degree to make their own informed descision.

Cali2Idaho

Fraud? :yum:
I doubt it.
You guys can go get your vaccines, i will pass thanks.
My kids will pass too- thanks.
The vaccines of today are'nt the same vaccines we all took as kids.
You really need to wake up.
First- vaccines are made in china- not america. China- the same people who gave us poisoned dog food. The same people who give us poisoned baby formula. China -the same people who give us toxic toys.
No they're not out to hurt anyone.:ermm:
Second- these vaccines go unchecked by who? yes our gubbamint(FDA).
Vaccines have been proven to contain- Mercury, squaline, live virus', and other toxic chemicals. You dont know whats in those bottles. And you are going to give that crap to your kids?
Fools.:yum:
Not only have these tainted vaccines been related to autism, they have been related to many other problematic symptoms as well, such as ADD, and ADHD, and not to mention several children experiencing convulsions or even death from these shots. Not to mention the beautiful ex cheerleader who cant even walk normally anymore after getting the H1N1 shot.
Dont you understand, part of the NWOs plan for depopulation is through tainted vaccines painted as a requirement or neccessity. This is real, its not a joke.
Even eugenicist bill gates made a public statement regarding vaccines as a way to control the population. Youtube- bill gates & vaccines to hear it in his own words.
If vaccines are so good for you, why is it that more people avoided them than took them last year? :ermm:
The people are wising up. You should too.
If the TV lamestream news says its good for you, its probably not.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Fraud? :yum:
I doubt it.
You guys can go get your vaccines, i will pass thanks.
My kids will pass too- thanks.
The vaccines of today are'nt the same vaccines we all took as kids.
You really need to wake up.
First- vaccines are made in china- not america. China- the same people who gave us poisoned dog food. The same people who give us poisoned baby formula. China -the same people who give us toxic toys.
No they're not out to hurt anyone.:ermm:
Second- these vaccines go unchecked by who? yes our gubbamint(FDA).
Vaccines have been proven to contain- Mercury, squaline, live virus', and other toxic chemicals. You dont know whats in those bottles. And you are going to give that crap to your kids?
Fools.:yum:
Not only have these tainted vaccines been related to autism, they have been related to many other problematic symptoms as well, such as ADD, and ADHD, and not to mention several children experiencing convulsions or even death from these shots. Not to mention the beautiful ex cheerleader who cant even walk normally anymore after getting the H1N1 shot.
Dont you understand, part of the NWOs plan for depopulation is through tainted vaccines painted as a requirement or neccessity. This is real, its not a joke.
Even eugenicist bill gates made a public statement regarding vaccines as a way to control the population. Youtube- bill gates & vaccines to hear it in his own words.
If vaccines are so good for you, why is it that more people avoided them than took them last year? :ermm:
The people are wising up. You should too.
If the TV lamestream news says its good for you, its probably not.

I'm not sure what's scarier: people that don't seem to care about the potentially fatal or debilitating diseases they are exposing their kids to or the fact that they are so willing to believe a proven fraud just because his theories "fit" in their twisted sense of reality.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

mak2

Believe a provenfraud. What are you talking about? Vaccines save millions of lives per year.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok.. I need to read the whole article.... my gf has an autistic son... according to her.. he was fine until he got a bunch of vaccines when he was 3. He is atypical and a great kid.... but.. there COULD be merit to some of this type of stuff..... but ya'll would think my gf walks around with tin foil on her head and wonder what I see in her...

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh.., and recently there was a BIG stink about the wrongs drugs being sent out from the manufacturer and labeled wrong so....

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok.. I need to read the whole article.... my gf has an autistic son... according to her.. he was fine until he got a bunch of vaccines when he was 3. He is atypical and a great kid.... but.. there COULD be merit to some of this type of stuff..... but ya'll would think my gf walks around with tin foil on her head and wonder what I see in her...

There is NO scientific merit to the claim that vaccines cause autism. The one scientific study that attempted to show a relationship has been proven grossly fraudulent.

What people are seeing is that they symptoms of autism showed up at a specific point in the development cycle that may just happen to coincide with their routine vaccination schedule.

My personal opinion is that parents are looking for a "cause" for the autism when it more than likely just a genetic anomaly. Society didn't diagnose autism much before the 80's. Remember the movie "Rainman"?