• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kubota expanding US production of RTV

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is part of the text of a speech given in Gainsville, Georgia at the opening of the new RTV production facility, which is over 200,000 square feet.

I didn't know it, but Kubota makes their entire BX line, plus all their lawn & garden stuff in the US.
Kubota Corp. is expanding its Kubota Manufacturing of America (KMA) plant in Gainesville, Ga., and officially opens an additional production line, with a state-of-the-art, high-tech painting system utilized in the production of Kubota’s popular RTV utility vehicles.

[FONT=geneva,arial,sans-serif]
kubota-logo.jpg
[/FONT]

“Today’s reopening of our new Building One production line is the culmination of planned growth for Kubota manufacturing space here in Georgia, representing a $20 million investment in future production capabilities for KMA. The technology represented with this new production line is world class,” explained Tim Yoshii, president, KMA. “As demand increases for Kubota-branded products in the United States, Kubota is committed to service, high quality and innovative products manufactured efficiently.

“With this increased capacity for RTV production we expect to offer our customers continued excellence in product quality, while creating great opportunities for our employees and the surrounding business community,” Yoshii added.
Dignitaries from Kubota Corp., Osaka, Japan, and its affiliates in North America – Kubota Tractor Corporation, Kubota Industrial Equipment, Kubota Engine of America, Kubota Canada and Kubota Credit Corporation – gathered to mark the momentous occasion with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Gainesville, Ga., KMA plant.

Growth of Kubota Manufacturing

“The success of KMA, and the excitement over the addition to our current production capacity, is a direct result of the increasing interest in Kubota products and our dedicated employees. We look forward to continuing to grow in our newly expanded KMA facility,” said Brian Arnold, director of manufacturing, KMA.

KMA recently re-engineered the 212,000-square-foot KMA plant, after moving part of the production facility work to newly opened affiliate Kubota Industrial Equipment in nearby Jackson County, Ga., during a planned increase in total manufacturing capabilities in North America for Kubota. This reopening marks the completion of installation of state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment that will be dedicated to the production of RTV utility vehicles, offered in both traditional Kubota orange for worksite, general use and turf utility work, plus camouflage recreational models.
Kubota manufactures the RTV series as heavy-duty, high-performing utility vehicles with power, durability and features such as auxiliary remote hydraulic tool capabilities. The new Kubota RTV1100 utility vehicle, offering a standard factory-integrated cab including air-conditioning, is expected to arrive in Kubota dealer showrooms later in Spring 2007.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting. I thought they would just assemble stuff in the US.

I wonder if they are able to be more competitive in the US just like the Japanese auto makers by avoiding labor unions and legacy pension commitments.

Is John Deere a union manufacturer? Based on it's age I would assume so.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The BX tractor is assembled in the US of US made parts with the exception of the drive train. In short, the engine and hydro units are shipped into the country. In the past, Kubota has had contract suppliers of some of the components of the BX series, such as the loaders, and backhoes. I know that the Kubota snowblower and sweeper are manufactured in Canada by independent companies under contract with Kubota. I don't know where the BX rear vacuums are produced, but I do know that some of the parts in that are made in the USA, but I was never able to find out who the selling company was. If you look at these items, you will see the similarity to the same implements by other tractors sold in the US. I also know that the BX that is assembled/manufactured in the US is exported to other countries around the world. There is a great grass catcher that Kubota offers in the UK and the other Commonwealth countries, that is made in Georgia, but not offered for sale in the US or Canada. For some unknown reason, they choose not to offer all products made in the US for sale in the US.....
You will also note on the front cover of the brochure, that they offer a 2 wheel drive BX, that is also not available in the US. Possibly if it were available as a 2 wheel drive tractor with a lawn mower and grass catcher, it might have even better market appeal to those that only want a lawn tractor.

Attachments

• EuropeanGrassCatcher.gif
    EuropeanGrassCatcher.gif
    52.7 KB · Views: 96
  • EuropeanGrassCatcher2.jpg
    EuropeanGrassCatcher2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 95

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Does KMA re-badge for Woods, too? The BX2230 I used to have had the Kubota FEL and my neighbors BX2200 had the Woods unit. Structurally they were identical.

Ricochet

The BX tractor is assembled in the US of US made parts with the exception of the drive train. In short, the engine and hydro units are shipped into the country. In the past, Kubota has had contract suppliers of some of the components of the BX series, such as the loaders, and backhoes. I know that the Kubota snowblower and sweeper are manufactured in Canada by independent companies under contract with Kubota. I don't know where the BX rear vacuums are produced, but I do know that some of the parts in that are made in the USA, but I was never able to find out who the selling company was. If you look at these items, you will see the similarity to the same implements by other tractors sold in the US. I also know that the BX that is assembled/manufactured in the US is exported to other countries around the world. There is a great grass catcher that Kubota offers in the UK and the other Commonwealth countries, that is made in Georgia, but not offered for sale in the US or Canada. For some unknown reason, they choose not to offer all products made in the US for sale in the US.....
You will also note on the front cover of the brochure, that they offer a 2 wheel drive BX, that is also not available in the US. Possibly if it were available as a 2 wheel drive tractor with a lawn mower and grass catcher, it might have even better market appeal to those that only want a lawn tractor.

The brochure photos show Euro models and those units (1st generation BX) were probably made in Japan (KMA did Euro models at first but moved production to Japan till recently). KMA now makes the Euro models as well, so all BX production is at KMA now. The grass catchers you see in the photos we made in Europe somewhere. The Europeans like high dump & rear discharge grass catchers. All US/Canada models get side discharge grass catchers made at KMA. ACI still makes some of them but most are made by KMA now. BX FEL & backhoes have always been made at KMA. You are right about the snow blowers, RAD Technologies makes them in Thetford Mines, Quebec.