• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Timberline Lodge, April 22,23,23, 2018 last snowflake adventure

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy snow trac

buy Kristi KT-3

bobby wilkes

Yes snow can change in so many ways!! One minute your floating and then you are sinking and cursing LOL All about moisture content and temp!!! And incline!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice to see snow cats while it is farming season in Iowa....

Warm weather and snow. Not sure about that one, as I can see that as the temps near the freezing point, the snow changes. Cure for that is Michigan in February, or the mid west in general, as we don't even get close to the freezing point. :unsure:

I do have to admit it might be fun to play around in such warm temps as those at the Colorado and this event. Obviously it makes it interesting to see what machine can perform well in changing snow conditions.

At some point I will retire and be able to attend the late season gatherings in the Mountains. I look forward to the day. For now pictures will have to do... Glad everyone had fun, as this is what it's all about. :thumbup:

Regards, Kirk

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, that's a curious twist. But then again, nothing should be unexpected looking back at early Tucker history . . .

Attachments

• TankID.jpg
    TankID.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 304

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, that's a curious twist. But then again, nothing should be unexpected looking back at early Tucker history . . .

to: detective davenet,

sir,

422 translation,

4 - four hundred series machine
2 - two tracks
2 - two doors

hope that clears this one up for you, now back to trying to explain a tucker model 230

happy grousers

tuckerville minion

remember to buy snow trac

Last edited:

mikemikelle

How did the super imp do on the steep hill ??

Funny you should ask, since she is hard to find in all those orange pictures.
She is a regular old Imp, nothing Super.... bone stock, 104 cu. in. 4 banger Ford, and wide track, and can't be stopped, so far... all conditions, and all slopes.

This trip, up to to Silcox at the warmest part of Sunday, 5pm, with 3 passengers, pulling a 400 lb trailer on skis, never spun, never choked, and in 2nd gear in tranny and rear end (still had lots of gears to drop down to). Hauled Snow Surfer's family as witness. Made other trips up in the AM, but those are even easier.

Last cat trip, Little Ski Hill's steepest largest slope, made 2 trips with passengers, same results- piece of cake! (saw a few Tuckerites get stuck on it, but didn't see any Snotracs attempt it)

Been in all conditions, all temps, and all depths. The only trouble I've encountered is trying to make a sharp turn in brand new deep wet Northwest stuff. The wide tracks grip so good, you need to make a wider, or Austin Powers styled turn, to avoid strain on the old drivetrain.

That's the Facts, thanks for asking!!

Now, since it's turned this into a Ford Chevy argument, here's my $.02.....Why no Thiokol?

In our search for a cat, we looked for a Snowtrac (and still love them), but we were open to other makes and models, and ultimately ended up with this Imp (and am I glad; dumb luck for a greenhorn).

If you are looking for a restoration candidate, show toy, or the snow cat equivalent of a European sports car, disregard the following. If you want something you can use, abuse, modify, work, and play with...

Ponder this:

-More to choose from- pick ups, crew cab, full body, custom bodies, windows, etc.
-Cheaper to purchase
-Easier to find, more units, and American made
-Readily available parts, and shops that specialize in repairs
-Hardly any proprietary stuff (variator, sprockets, etc.)
-More room (full body) than a Snotrac, and several Tuckers for that matter. We can fit 6 when needed, but better suited for cargo if that is your need.
-Side doors allow driver/passenger access, while filling the back with your stuff, dogs, etc. (try that in a Snowtrac- 1 back door, slide backwards into a tree well or bank and you are in trouble, unless convertible or roof hatched)
-Wide tracks can go anywhere
-Easier than a Volkswagen to work on
-No more noisy than a Snotrac
-They put the "Imp in "Pimp"

Bring it on all you citrus biased. To quote Charly's father; "Look at the size of that boys heed, It's like an orange on a toothpick"

(Extra points for whoever get's that)

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny you should ask, since she is hard to find in all those orange pictures.
She is a regular old Imp, nothing Super.... bone stock, 104 cu. in. 4 banger Ford, and wide track, and can't be stopped, so far... all conditions, and all slopes.

This trip, up to to Silcox at the warmest part of Sunday, 5pm, with 3 passengers, pulling a 400 lb trailer on skis, never spun, never choked, and in 2nd gear in tranny and rear end (still had lots of gears to drop down to). Hauled Snow Surfer's family as witness. Made other trips up in the AM, but those are even easier.

Last cat trip, Little Ski Hill's steepest largest slope, made 2 trips with passengers, same results- piece of cake! (saw a few Tuckerites get stuck on it, but didn't see any Snotracs attempt it)

Been in all conditions, all temps, and all depths. The only trouble I've encountered is trying to make a sharp turn in brand new deep wet Northwest stuff. The wide tracks grip so good, you need to make a wider, or Austin Powers styled turn, to avoid strain on the old drivetrain.

That's the Facts, thanks for asking!!

Now, since it's turned this into a Ford Chevy argument, here's my $.02.....Why no Thiokol?

In our search for a cat, we looked for a Snowtrac (and still love them), but we were open to other makes and models, and ultimately ended up with this Imp (and am I glad; dumb luck for a greenhorn).

If you are looking for a restoration candidate, show toy, or the snow cat equivalent of a European sports car, disregard the following. If you want something you can use, abuse, modify, work, and play with...

Ponder this:

-More to choose from- pick ups, crew cab, full body, custom bodies, windows, etc.
-Cheaper to purchase
-Easier to find, more units, and American made
-Readily available parts, and shops that specialize in repairs
-Hardly any proprietary stuff (variator, sprockets, etc.)
-More room (full body) than a Snotrac, and several Tuckers for that matter. We can fit 6 when needed, but better suited for cargo if that is your need.
-Side doors allow driver/passenger access, while filling the back with your stuff, dogs, etc. (try that in a Snowtrac- 1 back door, slide backwards into a tree well or bank and you are in trouble, unless convertible or roof hatched)
-Wide tracks can go anywhere
-Easier than a Volkswagen to work on
-No more noisy than a Snotrac
-They put the "Imp in "Pimp"

Bring it on all you citrus biased. To quote Charly's father; "Look at the size of that boys heed, It's like an orange on a toothpick"

(Extra points for whoever get's that)

great to hear, that answers a snowing (burning) question, thiokol is superior to a snow trac, and even a tucker given, Mike saw one get stuck as he passed by it and went right up the hill, so....

I was wrong the best snow cat for the money is Thiokol imp

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

buy thiokol

DO NOT BUY snow trac

best snow cat for the money is, Thiokol Imp. nearly prefect can do snow cat.

and no Jedi mind trick in play, just looking for the best value and can do ability in a snow cat, and truly looking like the Thiokol Imp maybe the best one for the money, and yup, made in the USA.

that's all folks

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
to: detective davenet,

sir,

422 translation,

4 - four hundred series machine
2 - two tracks
2 - two doors

hope that clears this one up for you, now back to trying to explain a tucker model 230

happy grousers

tuckerville minion

remember to buy snow trac

The oddity is that 400 series 4 track machines were already in production. Due to pontoon design, this "should" have been a 322 Tank (as previously thought) to go along with the 322 super kittens & 323 mini freighter. :idea:

Just sold the Tucker to get two of those prized Snow Trac's before the market on them goes crazy!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
The oddity is that 400 series 4 track machines were already in production. Due to pontoon design, this "should" have been a 322 Tank (as previously thought) to go along with the 322 super kittens & 323 mini freighter. :idea:

Just sold the Tucker to get two of those prized Snow Trac's before the market on them goes crazy!

bet it is a relief to have the tucker gone, and own 2 fabulous snow tracs, good move.

next, trying to make sense of tucker, which can NOT be done, but here goes.

the tank was built at the same time as 222 kittens, so, maybe, but the tank used the same engine, transmission, and rear end as the 400 series tuckers, and the pontoons were much bigger than a 222 kitten, fyi, the mini freighter has no model designation, other than "experiment tank".

tucker inc. thinking might be that given it used the drive train from a 400 tucker is was a 400 tucker, and with 2 tracks and 2 doors, same track width, and body width, it would be a 400 series tucker, it was a companion model to the 4 track sedan,

again, you can not always make sense of tucker thinking.

further to confuse things, the super kittens were built after the tank, and were a continuation of the kitten line, a 222 became a 322, that makes the most sense from tucker

you might be smart to pickup a Thiokol imp, they are great value for the snow cat money

mikemikelle

Wait, I figured this out

The best cat is your friends cat. Just ask Jeff from the Jeff and Hal show , and Al from the Jeff and Al show....its like a boat, find the right boat and make friends with the owner! Affordability, rarity, who cares, sky's the limit.

May I say Princess, I really like your blue jacket

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
bet it is a relief to have the tucker gone, and own 2 fabulous snow tracs, good move.

next, trying to make sense of tucker, which can NOT be done, but here goes.

the tank was built at the same time as 222 kittens, so, maybe, but the tank used the same engine, transmission, and rear end as the 400 series tuckers, and the pontoons were much bigger than a 222 kitten, fyi, the mini freighter has no model designation, other than "experiment tank".

tucker inc. thinking might be that given it used the drive train from a 400 tucker is was a 400 tucker, and with 2 tracks and 2 doors, same track width, and body width, it would be a 400 series tucker, it was a companion model to the 4 track sedan,

again, you can not always make sense of tucker thinking.

further to confuse things, the super kittens were built after the tank, and were a continuation of the kitten line, a 222 became a 322, that makes the most sense from tucker

you might be smart to pickup a Thiokol imp, they are great value for the snow cat money

You should seriously consider writing a book!

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
You should seriously consider writing a book!

I wholeheartedly agree, and have expressed that opinion previously. Imagine an oversized, coffee-table book with great photos and the history behind the machines that are pictured. I could easily see that as a "must-have" for well appointed vacation homes in ski resort towns.

I would buy several copies!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I wholeheartedly agree, and have expressed that opinion previously. Imagine an oversized, coffee-table book with great photos and the history behind the machines that are pictured. I could easily see that as a "must-have" for well appointed vacation homes in ski resort towns.

I would buy several copies!

I wholeheartedly agree,

I would buy several copies.

where do I send the check to?

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I wholeheartedly agree,

I would buy several copies.

where do I send the check to?

Please send self addressed stamped envelope to:

Cash only 15,000 US dollars per copy :thumbup:
If your buying 2 copies then 14,999 per copy
If your buying 4 copies then 14,998 per copy :yum:

Minnesota Outdoors
12377 County Road 2
Brainerd, Mn. 56401

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Please send self addressed stamped envelope to:

Cash only 15,000 US dollars per copy :thumbup:
If your buying 2 copies then 14,999 per copy
If your buying 4 copies then 14,998 per copy :yum:

Minnesota Outdoors
12377 County Road 2
Brainerd, Mn. 56401

and with all your NSA and unknown other spy satellit sources for photos, your book of snow cats should be the best of the best, pretty sure you are selling far below the cost of acquiring just 1 photos alone.

I will stop by on May 14th and pickup my copy

you will accept cash with 3 pieces of ID?

thank you

tuckerville minion

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty much for the fake news department :th_lmao:

haha, stop by with 15k cash and three pieces of ID, place was locked up tight, was hoping to get my copy of NSA/spy satellite photos of snow cats.

I will be back again soon, for my copy and free snow cat that goes with each book.

more trips east of Fargo ND are planned.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Soon the whole world will know of the value of Pontoon Tuckers and the demand will cause the factory to re-tool for Pontoon production. New series 4000/5000 with Kevlar pontoons, Titanium grousers, Old style looks with new materials and technologies.

OK, so my crystal ball was bought war surplus and the crack wasn't noticeable.

I predicted Kevlar, reality is Carbon Fiber.

Selmet clammed up when I asked about the titanium grousers rumored to be in production.

Factory opened up a whole new division "classic snocats"