• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow trac trip to camp

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
spent the first weekend out at our new camp site this weekend had a great time temp hit a high of 87 on saturday.we use the jeep to go from thr road accross the pilgram river and up to the snow trac from there the ground gets soft and it's on to the snow trac for about another 20 minut ride to the camp site. on the trail in we got a great pic oof a fox and some bear cub tracks.

Attachments

• camp pics 006.jpg
    camp pics 006.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 613
  • camp pics 012.jpg
    camp pics 012.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 637
  • camp pics 014.jpg
    camp pics 014.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 630
  • camp pics 022.jpg
    camp pics 022.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 619

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
NICE!
ever have any over heating issues on the snow trac?
i'm missing the front heat shield but have the back scoop seald up good i also have holes punghed in the belly pan and a piece of 6 inch wide piece of tin removed fron the section that seals the belly pan to the cabin removed for better air flow under the engine to date cht has never got above 300 on #3 i also run it around 3000 rpm to maximise airflow accross the engine and when i'm finished with a run i lt it cool down at 1500 rpm for a few minuts before shut down.i'm running 15w50 aero shell oil in it as aero shell iss blennded to help draw heat away from internal componenets i still want to add a full flow oil cooler but have had no problems yet and could still handel the dip stick and hood so what i've done seems to be working.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
some more pics of this weekend one is the road accross the tundra 2 is of a walk down stream to take a look around 3 the boys cooling off with with the fre hose and 4 washing tundra muck off the snow trac when it starts getting down to freezing at night this will be necessary as it all that grass and dirt freezes i will be stuck and immobile

Attachments

• camp pics 018.jpg
    camp pics 018.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 609
  • camp pics 020.jpg
    camp pics 020.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 610
  • camp pics 028.jpg
    camp pics 028.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 618
  • camp pics 029.jpg
    camp pics 029.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 593

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the boys are having a ball getting all wet. That summer season don't last long up there does it? By September you are probably starting up a heat source?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the boys are having a ball getting all wet. That summer season don't last long up there does it? By September you are probably starting up a heat source?
this time of the year its like thhe desert drops to 40 at night and gets warm durig the day that day was better than a 40degree difference from the evening low to the daily high.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don,

I am some what surprised the no one has asked what amount of gold you are able to find on a good day:biggrin:.......Hopefully enough to make it worth your while? Gold prices are pretty good these days. And, how did the tracked cart work out? looks like it did well indeed.

Great pics, thanks for posting them.

Regards, Kirk

PS. what you got over your shoulder (2nd picture) attached to the rifle sling? Maybe an AR?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
not finding any gold yet just now getting set up i need to get around and do some sampling. the trailer worked awsom did'nt even feel it back there it is a little tough to back up with with the slow steering the st has on the tundra.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
todays gold price $1195 oz not sure what you would get. Do you run with your door open very often?
jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
todays gold price $1195 oz not sure what you would get. Do you run with your door open very often?
jim
the heater works so good on warm winter days i do and nice days with the heater box's disconected it is still like a sauna so i run door open in the summer to. i was helping a dredger work on his vw powered pump yesterday and his clean up looked like about 3 oz foe 6 hours of work wished i had taken a camara. i will be setting up my dredge this weekend got a job for it will take some pics.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
we will see if i can load pics this week had a bad internet conection last couple of weeks seems to be working better today.got a pic of minime naping with macarther and wife taking a nap after berry picking and another with her picking berrys will have lots of jam this year may want to trade some for some maple syurp if any members go collect it back on the east coast bet it would taste good on my waffles. had some french toast and grits this morning that was good to,you can do that if you don't own a krusty.

benz9

Don, if you have seen that video of my SW, then you heard the voice of my youngest little one (speaking french). When I told her about this post, she was all for giving up one of our bottle of gold maple syrup for some of that jam. Now the logistics of this can be handle through PM, hope you didn't get any other offers. I wonder if regular mail makes it to Nome on a daily basis???

benz9

OMG, Don, it took a while, it's been busy...
2 X 500 ml plastic bottles left Ottawa on Thursday morning! 21$ to ship to Nome AK and it will take 6 to 7 days. You should get it before labor day. That stuff comes from the maple trees here at the house and boiled this spring (2010). Hope it gets there.

benz9

Don,
I was about to PM you to see if you had received anything yet. Then I decided to track the parcel to see where it was. Here is the link if you want to track it too! It seems to be stuck in Montreal??? (that's east of my position and you're west).

We looked it up in the customs regulations before sending it out and the law is: if it's a home baked product sent as a gift, that's OK, so we should be fine. If not, it'll get back to me, hopefully, and I'll come and see you up there when there's snow to play in!:brows:

Here's the link: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/a...Number?trackingNumber=CX023448830CA&LOCALE=en

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Don,
I was about to PM you to see if you had received anything yet. Then I decided to track the parcel to see where it was. Here is the link if you want to track it too! It seems to be stuck in Montreal??? (that's east of my position and you're west).

We looked it up in the customs regulations before sending it out and the law is: if it's a home baked product sent as a gift, that's OK, so we should be fine. If not, it'll get back to me, hopefully, and I'll come and see you up there when there's snow to play in!:brows:

Here's the link: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/a...Number?trackingNumber=CX023448830CA&LOCALE=en
thank you partner i have paitence it gets here when it gets heregod bless then towel heads and the global f%^&in war on terrorism i still can't get a security badge from the country i served in the military because i was born on a military instalation overseas and home land F'in security can't comprahend that.pm me yoour address i will get some alaskan jelly out to you hopefuly it gets through our custome before it ferments in to wine.