• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcat Season Starts in Colorado Today

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like an early start to snowcat season, at least in Colorado. Its still warm enough where I live to wear shorts and Hawaiian shirts during the daytime, but night time temps are getting closer and closer to frost temps. We obviously have a long way to go before we get snow in the midwest USA.

Anyone else getting close to having snow yet?
capt.1ea82dec4d7f4daebdba938bd274a16e.colorado_wintry_weather_conb109.jpg

1st day of fall brings snow, cold to Colorado

VAIL, Colo. – The first day of fall feels more like the first day of winter for some of the mountain West, with light snow and chilly temperatures across Colorado and freeze warnings for higher elevations in New Mexico, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah and Arizona.

A winter storm watch has been issued Tuesday for Boulder, Colo., and surrounding areas in the Rocky Mountain foothills.

Light snow was reported Monday in Vail and other mountain towns, and more was expected Tuesday. At least 3 inches of snow fell in parts of the foothills west of Denver.

Temperatures in Denver dipped into to the upper 30s overnight, and low 30s in Flagstaff, Ariz.

The cold weather and snow have prompted Colorado's Loveland ski area to turn on its snowmaking machines earlier than planned.​

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This past weekend was probably the nicest weekend we had all summer. Made me think twice about packing up the camper for the year but I'm out of town this weekend and the nights are getting pretty cold. I didn't want my water lines to freeze on the camper. We've had a couple days where there was frost in the morning already. The leaves are changing color and should be falling anytime now. Makes for better hunting once the leaves are gone.

Catless

A sure sign that Global "Whining" has been occuring..............Too bad about the timing of sun-spot activity............It's wrecking Al Gore's chance of passing "Cap and Fraud"............

Catless (somewhere in Colorado)