• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I smell a Rat

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
A Bill to Let Big Government set your salary

Not only will the government control the exec's salary but all of the employees of that company who receive stimulus money. My first thought that this is today, tomorrow will they try and control my salary and my employees? I thought not but look at all of the responses. They think the same. Is this just one more step in the process?

murph

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
First of all, I did not realized that your company received any TARP money.:whistling:

I do have mixed feelings about the excessive executive pay in this country. This is not only for the for profit companies but also a lot of the non profit companies. I blame a lot of this on the good old boy network. The boards for these companies are to cozy with each other.

In ND they fired the head of the BC BS and his buyout was 2.2 million. This was negotiated with him after he had obtained a DUI and broke into someones house a couple of years ago. His annual salary increases had been excessive in light of the losses of the companies and the increases in premiums by the policy holders.

It seems like the greed in this country by the executives, boards and government officials is never ending.

I do my part by voting against all the board members on any proxies that I receive as they do not give you any choices but the ones that they want. This is no election by just a rubber stamp and I refuse to participate in this. At least with the NRA ballots, there are more choices than seats available.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
First of all, I did not realized that your company received any TARP money.:whistling:

No I never received any TARP money. And I don't make enough for our government to even look at. A lot of Union Employees make more money than I do. But as I read the article and I could not but think our government will stick their nose in the business of the ones that did not get the TARP money. Read the notes or replies at the bottom and there too you see people worried about it also.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I was required to read the book "1984" in high school and have read it many times since then.

I do not have the answers but I do know that we have problems.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was required to read the book "1984" in high school and have read it many times since then.

I do not have the answers but I do know that we have problems.
What is a shame is that more people have not studied 1984.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just asked my wife, she remembers it. I looked it up on you link and Amazon. I don't remember that book at all back in High School or ever seeing it. If they had it in high school I was sick them days.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
If the companies get any assitance from taxpayers they should have all the execs salaries looked at and adjusted................mostly downward. As for bonuses, for what for crying out loud, you ran the place in the ground and you want a bonus, how about this, go back to the hole you crawled out of, sit there with your head in your ass as before and wait for the US to decide IF you have a job tomorrow...........that will be your bonus...............and you work late tonite...............possibly cleaning out that desk you sit behind.

your new CEO, the United States of America, stimulus branch

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
1984, I lived it, but have never read it............for those that have, you have a book report on my desk in the morning.............extra credit work!

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Just asked my wife, she remembers it. I looked it up on you link and Amazon. I don't remember that book at all back in High School or ever seeing it. If they had it in high school I was sick them days.

The class that I took where it was required reading was an additional English class called novel. We analyzed novels such as 1984, Moby Dick, Wuthering Heights and a bunch of others.

I hated English and yet I graduated with five credits and only four were required.:hammer:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Re: the bonuses. I've mentioned this before, but why don't the boards and top exec's put a clause in all contracts basing bonuses on job performance and profit/ loss of each individual's division. It's BS someone getting a bonus OR golden parachute for having their head up the a$$. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I was taught at an early age you do a days work for a days pay, regardless of your position or how much you're paid.
Mike

Blew

When you're finished reading "1984", read "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.
You'll get a pretty good idea of where the United States appears to be going.
........Ain't Pretty.