• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FIND THE VINTAGE MONTANA SNOW CAT

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
READY FOR A SNOW CAT ARCHEOLOGICAL DIG? If you live anywhere near Calispel Montana, then grab your Indiana Jones Hat and start looking. One of our Mechanics, here in Prudhoe Bay, lives in Calispel Mt, has been telling me about some vintage track rig that is sitting at the REA (local Power Company) headquarters. Let's see what it is. He said:" the body looks real nice like it was stored inside, but now it's parked outside". Obtainable? someone will have to investigate. But he also said :"It's OLD, a Real Antique".
"THE GAME IS AFOOT"...Sherlock Holmes.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
nnn Mainer is going to really get into this.... It is for sale.... If the town name is spelled a little different. I know of two groups of people that were headed that way to look at it last week. It is on the net... Thats all I will say........

sledhaus

You must be referring to the Tucker south of Kalispell. The power company has had it out front for years. They had another Gil talked them into donating to his museum in Polson, I believe with the original old Chev truck designed to haul it around. There's a trasure hunt for you. Go to Gil and ask him if his is for sale. After his blood pressure stablizes he'll spend the next hour trying to make you believe you owe it to society to "GIVE" everything YOU have to him to display. Oh yes, he's a "non-profit" so there is no benefit to him. Better yet "loan" him something to display and let us know if you ever get it back. I hope someone gets the Tucker at REC before he does.

bobby

Hey this town youre looking for in montana is kalispel with a k It is 89miles from my home town libby montana bobby

mtmogs

I stopped and took a look at said Tucker a few years ago. As I recall it was an early 400 or 500 series. I don't recall it being in fantastic shape and it was always parked outside whenever I drove by.

Just a few days ago, however, I think I saw a flash of bright orange out in back of the Flathead Electric Co-op station north of Kalispell. Is this what you other guys are referring to? I'm only 20 minutes from there, shall I go have a look-see?

You must be referring to the Tucker south of Kalispell. The power company has had it out front for years. They had another Gil talked them into donating to his museum in Polson, I believe with the original old Chev truck designed to haul it around.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I stopped and took a look at said Tucker a few years ago. As I recall it was an early 400 or 500 series. I don't recall it being in fantastic shape and it was always parked outside whenever I drove by.

Just a few days ago, however, I think I saw a flash of bright orange out in back of the Flathead Electric Co-op station north of Kalispell. Is this what you other guys are referring to? I'm only 20 minutes from there, shall I go have a look-see?
U r getting warmer just go very fast to look or it may be gone.......

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our mechanic says it more resembles a Car W/Tracking Attachment kit, not a Tucker.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, you guy's all Bombed, and granted I couldn't win a "Cow-Spelling-Bee" if my life depended on it. It's Kalispell! And it's still there! Our mechanic Mark, here in Prudhoe, made these pictures: I've never seen this front "wheel-in-Ski" arraingement before on a B-12. Usually one took the Skiis off, and put Wheels on, one or the other. I'm not sure if this is a factory set up or something improvised.
today 4-30 001.jpg

today 4-30 002.jpg

today 4-30 003.jpg

today 4-30 004.jpg
NOW THE GAME "REALLY" IS AFOOT

the old trucker

NOW THE GAME "REALLY" IS AFOOT

Looks like it's in the late 50's. Been laid up for a long while according to the dust & hand prints on the motor door covering the blue paint.
Anyone know if it runs or for sale ??