• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Two Days at the Cabin

Briarpatch

Well we made it into the cabin this week, but got stuck in the truck on the way in and had to go get the tucker to get the truck out. Its a good thing we had the ATV, it was about two and half miles in. We also took the tucker for a spin down to the state line and back (Wyoming to Colorado). I also received my new SPOT satellite tracker and had to try it out. It works great!

Attachments

• 100_1022.jpg
    100_1022.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 100_1025.jpg
    100_1025.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 100_1038.jpg
    100_1038.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 100_1042.jpg
    100_1042.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 249

Briarpatch

Heres a couple more pics, one from a few weeks ago when we were loading the cat to go into the cabin, and the picture of the ATV with tracks that we use to get in and get the cat.

Oh, I also attached a picture of a moose that was up around the cabin. He's standing over in the trees!

Attachments

• 100_1033.jpg
    100_1033.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_1027.jpg
    100_1027.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_1018.jpg
    100_1018.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_0994.jpg
    100_0994.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 221

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Very nice looking Tucker. :thumb: Do you have locking front and rear differentials? The 6 rollers should give it great flotation. My experience with Tuckers is limited but someday I will have one similar to yours to test for a while. I have the older steel track 1960 Kitten and the 1950 443 that has not made it to the snow yet. We may get the Kitten out to play in the near future.

Briarpatch

Mtntopper, I don't have the lockers, but looked at it about 6 years ago. So far its worked great and we just keep working on it a little at a time. I have recently been rebuilding some of the grousers, the main plates where the plates travels across the slider and boggies were getting pretty worn so we cut new plates and welded them in and have hard faced all the grousers.

The long track (6 boggies) works great and gives a lot of floatation. I was reading about your trip with the newer tucker and the state groomer and hope I never end up like that!!!! As you know in wyoming the wind blows the drifts and you have some areas where their is little snow and some where it gets drifted pretty deep. Are you located near the Big Horns???

Briarpatch

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I am about 4 miles east of Powder River Pass in the Big Horns just off of highway 16 at about 8500 foot elevation. We are also doing well on snow this year but the wind has been brutal on the east slope of the mountains. You are getting great snow in the Snowies and I will assume the winds have not been gentle there either this winter. :snow2_smi: