• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OLD FARTS

Ray

are there many here besides me.....??

I am already an AARP member..........................dammit.:respect:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
are there many here besides me.....??

I am already an AARP member..........................dammit.:respect:

I have been a member maybe not in good standing but still a member for several years...:yum:

They just kind of hound you until you agree to join. Some of what they want to accomplish is great but some of it I do not agree with in their political agenda. Too much government give away programs for special interest groups already.:4_11_9:

Ray

I am no member.......but I keep gettin crap from them in the mail.....so I guess that makes if official

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
5 days and I officially qualify. Don't know if that makes me an "Old Fart". Although, the older I get the more the wife complains when I do...:yum: Not sure if thats a good thing or not except to say that if I time it right I get to watch more football....:fart2:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
AARP was started by an insurance company to sell insurance to the "Old Farts". I won't join so they keep sending me more junk mail in attempt to get me to cave.... I did tell them I "Might" though, at about $3.40 a gallon for heating oil, that mail sure helps out in the wood stove for fire starting...:yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Me to. I don't know how they get the info so that they know when we turn 50. No other private organization gets that kind of info.
I did what mtntopper mentioned.....joined so they'd stop sending me the crap. :hide:
That was a year ago and a big mistake. They still sent more stuff i ddn't want after I joined. As of last month I am no longer a member in good standing. :yum:
I see no advantage to being a member.

jbrumberg

I think I was a member, but it was so long ago I can not remember clearly. I do not think that I get mail from them anymore so maybe I am still a member. There used to be AARP "discounts" of which I took advantage. I do know that I am a member in good standing in the Curmudgeon Club :fart2: . Jay

urednecku

Site Supporter
Yea, they been hounding me too. I been wondering if there is any advantages to me, but I've been too busy to check them out.

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
If AARP membership is what defines an old fart, I will never be one. I also dislike their political agenda. They have been bugging me for about 16 years.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
I got an application to join AARP at 50...........That right?
I think they start the junk mail 1-2 years before that, and it intensifies around your 50th, then gradually tapers off for the next five years. I've never responded to anything they sent and I think after 55 it has tapered off to 1-2 letters a year.

They're as persistent as AOL who kept sending out diskettes all through the era that diskettes were used. I never bought anything from AOL, either.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm 32, Still have a good few years left before AARP starts to harass me:coolshade :thumb:

Im 37. You are in my range. Death is soon but swift. :yum: KIDDING!!!! Just bustin your balls my friend.